“Stop looking, stay here.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Los Feliz Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Los Feliz Lodge
You added Los Feliz Lodge to your Saves list
1507 N. Hoover Street, Los Feliz, Los Angeles, CA 90027   |
Ranked #9 of 81 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
“Stop looking, stay here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

Far exceeded my expectations. Normally 'lodge' insinuates low standards, motel feel & dirty rooms; quite the opposite here. Beautiful spacious 1 br apartment (villa) w/ super comfortable cal king, full living room, dining room, kitchen. Bathroom somewhat small, but the shower is perfect & all bathroom necessities are stocked. Shower head that's 7' high, as opposed to the normal 5' which is important when you're over 6' tall. Fully stocked kitchen. Washer & dryer (?!) Everything you need is strategically placed and well thought out, and has a hip, modern design feel. Jacob (mgr) is there to answer your call or text for any reason, and has a great attitude even if you are a P.I.T.A. guest like myself, calling w/questions that are already answered in the in-room guide book. You could pay the same $ at many of these other places and have an entirely different experience. Felt like I was at home.

Only 2 things with room for improvement; some of the drapes throughout dining room & LR were not big/dark enough to cover the windows for total privacy; & the tv in the LR was too small. Neither would prevent me from coming back or from referring friends. This place is phenomenal. I'll be back. Maybe even this weekend.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montclair, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed in unit 1503 for five nights in early Sept. Very comfortable apt and great location. We had some problems with the wireless and had to call the managers numerous times to restart the router. They were not only quick and responsive when we called, they were also very apologetic about the problem, which kept recurring. After we got home, they apologized again and deducted one night's fee from our bill which was very generous. Excellent service. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The unit we had was bright with a good view of the hills.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Excellent location, very original and confortable. Ideal for a short stay in a lovely neighbourhood in LA (Silverlake / Los Feliz). The 1920 lodges have been tastefully renovated. We stayed in Green Casita. It was nicely decorated and spacious. The kitchen is very nice and new. The bedding is good. The bathroom is a bit old but it's ok. You can park easily near the lodges and the area is quiet.
The lodges are ideally situated at the end of Sunset Bd and Hollywood Bd. The neighbourhood is very nice and peaceful. We wanted an area where you can walk to shops and to restaurants and it is the case. There are a lot of super restaurants as well as cafés nearby, there is also a lovely vintage cinema (5 mn walk) and handy supermarkets. By car all the touristic areas are within 10 minutes, which is wonderful.
We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

I looked at the website and thought the bungalows looked great. I arrived late in the evening (it's very dark - try to arrive with some daylight) and checked into unit 1530 and was very disappointed. It was shabby and the bathroom was in need of updating. Additionally, it was an unseasonably hot day/night and no on had turned the AC on before I got there. I had a difficult time relaxing and sleeping that night. Curtains didn't fully close and there were no outside lights on, so it was hard to feel safe.

I would say you should check it out -but be very careful about which unit you get. And be sure to get photos ahead of time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
orange county, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My friend and I ventured up tp LA to see a couple concerts. My first thing to rave about is Jacob. I don't know if he's the owner or manager but he's who I booked the room with. I let him know we were coming up to go to concerts and inquired about taxi's. Within an hour of getting off the phone with him, I recieved an email with a map and 2 different ways to get to our concerts besides taxi's. I couldn't believe it! He had it all mapped out for us! Once we arrived, after we got a little lost :), we were totally stoked when we got into our little apartment. It's very cleanly and simply decorated. We were delighted to find a little painting inside the cupboard, when we reached for the coffee. We both agreed we could easily live there. We stayed 2 nights/3 days and it was very quiet, we both like afternoon naps. We hung out on the patio one evening for a beautiful sunset. We're both completely unfamiliar with LA, but no problem, we went through the 3 ring binder in the room to find out where we should go. It was like having a friend there to recommend places to eat etc... And their suggestions did not disappoint. We had the best cup of coffee at Intelligentsia and the best breakfast at Millie's. I highly recommend this lodge and will absolutely being staying there again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in the White Casita and it was perfect.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at this lovely Lodge for a month about four years ago. Liz was very kind to me. She really made it seem like home. I would definitely recommend anyone to come here as an alternative to a big name hotel. It was peaceful, quiet and I loved that I could walk into town. Coming from NYC, it was nice not to need a car.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

After one horribly creepy night at The Hollywood Hotel, The Los Feliz Lodge felt like heaven! My boyfriend and I stayed in the Green Casita and loved it. It was perfect for us-- right in Los Feliz, a really cute area, nice bed, great kitchen, clean bathroom, cute living room-- it felt like we lived in our own bungalow in LA. The owner is laid back and nice, the neighborhood is quiet, cute restaurants and shops are just a few blocks away. The place is decorated in a unique and eco-friendly way-- it looks just like the pictures on the website. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Los Feliz Lodge? Share your experiences!