You added Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks to your Saves list
Ranked #34 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
Miami, Florida
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The staff was very helpful and courteous. Parking can be challenging if you arrive late at night but the valet service was a plus. Breakfast is good and overall I think it was a pleasant stay at this hotel. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Harleston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel does most of the things you ask for, price is good, staff are nice and very helpful. The rooms are large and clean and the indoor pool is good. Breakfast is good.
The problem is that there are a few bad points to go along with the good.
First the parking really is a nightmare, some of our party had to use valet parking as all spaces had gone. The area outside of the pool is so very small, only room for 6 people. No bar and relaxation area is small also. The area to have breakfast only accommodates 8 people so you end up having it in reception.
Shame about the poor points because the staff really try to make your stay a good one.

Ruther Glen, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I'm not sure that I would stay here again. Most likely only if no other options present. This was everything you expect from HI, clean, good breakfast, pleasant staff for the most part. The things you don't expect are as follows: VERY stressful parking and very little of it. LOTS of traffic noise. Very small breakfast area. My room had a Hospital smell my 1st 2 days. I don't know if it went away or I got use to it. My room and no fridge, microwave. No idea why, it had the room for it. Room was poorly lit and no lamp on desk. AC was noisy and the fan was on auto but never stopped. Made it tough for a business guy with a 5 day stay. It is in a tough part of town and not many dining options close by other than fast food. I stay only at Hilton properties so I think I'm qualified to say that I don't think the rate justifies the location and what you get.

Room Tip: Not sure you can get away from traffic noise but ask anyway.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I just returned from a excellent 5 day/4 night stay. I have family in the Mission Hills area, so finding a nice hotel with a decent price was a priority. I received a great price through my Hilton Rewards card. This hotel is conveniently located right off the 405 and across the street from a Target. I called ahead to inform them that I was arriving late from LAX. Fernando kindly accomodated my request for a room located close to the elevator because my elderly aunt could not walk far. It was very convenient to have free WIFI and free breakfast. The breakfast came with a varying selection of hot items (waffles, eggs, homefries) and cold items (cereal, fresh fruit, toast) . It is definitely convenient if you are on a budget or heading out early. The grab and go breakfast bags are also a nice touch! I used the gym everyday while I was there. Since I was on East Coast time, I usually went to the gym between 6AM and 8AM. The gym is very small with a treadmill, elliptical, bike, and one shared TV. It usually filled up at 7AM. Overall, the hotel was very clean. I enjoyed coming back to a freshly made up hotel room. Housekeeping should be commended for the cleanliness of the rooms and gyms! Overall, a fantastic stay. I would definitely stay there again when visiting family.

Los Angeles, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My last day at the hotel, I finally going to get some sleep, I forgot to put the do not disturb sign on my door at 8am the housekeeping was knocking, I was saying go away, then she started banging then just came on in woke me up. I stayed 7 days and they never did that, I felt like I was being kicked out of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Germantown, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was satisfied with the hotel, room, service, and overall experience. The hotel was not convenient for me as I was doing a lot of sight seeing in the Hollywood sign area. However, it is close to the highway. Enjoyed taking a quick dip in the pool and the best part about the stay was the complimentary breakfast!

brick, nj, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Clean facility, excellent breakfasts, great value. The staff and management are all friendly and pleasant, and go out of their way to make your stay a happy one. Well located near major intersections and highways.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks? Share your experiences!