“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glenview
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Although the location wasn't as close to my daughter as we wanted everything else was wonderful. The staff is very personable and welcoming. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was great there is surely something for everyone. We enjoyed our stay and would go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

great hotel, clean and comfy rooom, great breakfast but have to eat early as it's really crowd. fitness centre is small but good enough for 1-2 people, the pool is nice. the staff are very friendly. we had left phone charger in the room, called and they returned call in 2 days, even they couldn't find it at the end, it's great to get response.

Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent value! Great location, clean and super friendly staff. From the outside the hotel doesn't look like much, however once inside you are welcomed by the most friendly staff I have ever met in a hotel. The breakfast is very good.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room in the back of the hotel away from traffic.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

So much about this hotel is terrific. The top floor would make a fantastic place for a wedding party or other gathering to take over the entire floor, with a huge common area outside the elevator.

The rooms were well appointed, clean and comfortable, but for tall people seeking a good night's sleep, forget it. For some reason, the king beds at some Hilton properties are getting shorter these days (only 78"), and anyone over 6'3" isn't going to get a decent night's sleep. California is likely home of the California King (72" x 84") and I don't understand why a decent tall person's bed is not more available.

Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great first time stay! From the outside I was a little skeptical. Ended up being beautiful inside and a great experience. The parking was not sufficient and I was a little annoyed, but because I was not frequently in and out. I was able to find adequate parking. The front desk assistant was amazing, he was very helpful and always smiling. He made me smile even when I didnt want to. Love that guy wow!!!

Room Tip: If you love white noise choose a lower floor, if you dont choose 3rd floor and above.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Encinitas, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent just one night at hotel, very impressed. Fernando at front desk was attentive to my need for a refrigerator for my meds and made sure we had one in our room. We needed some extra time in our room and Miriam happily gave us a later check out time. Room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was an added bonus. Loved making my own fresh waffle. Convenient lication, just off freeway. Would go back again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I would give the normal 5 stars but the room was not as nice. Complied to the front desk that the chair in the room did not the normal type chair it normally has. It was the type that was out in the common area. Not so comfortable. They stated that we have the standard room and that's what is in it. If we had a upgraded room it would have a recliner. I did not remember that nice of a chair in my room before. I sorta believe it was a chair that was a little more stuffed then the one we had. The front desk staff didn't seem as they really were concerned about the complaint and that is what bothered me the most. I asked since I was using my points for the room if it was a down grade. They seemed as tho that was a insulting question. I am not really sure they were really aware of what type of chairs were in any their rooms. So I take a star away from the unprofessional way the front desk staff handled my complaint.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cristian O, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw regarding your stay with us.

We all here at the Hampton Inn and Suites would like to apologise for the mix up when you called the front desk. The front desk agent should know the different types of chairs that are in the rooms. You are correct as well that the room type that you stayed in did in fact have different chairs then the rooms that you have stayed in the past. I will make sure to train our staff to distinguish the types of chairs that are in the rooms. We are greatful for your 4/5 rating and we greatly appreciate you staying with us.

Please do accept our apologies and we hope you have a great weekend.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles/Sherman Oaks? Share your experiences!