“Adorable motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Brasil Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Villa Brasil Motel
Save Saved
You added Villa Brasil Motel to your Saves list
11740 Washington Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066 (Westside)   |
Ranked #77 of 323 Hotels in Los Angeles
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Adorable motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Small motel, comfortable and clean rooms, adorable exterior. Great food at adjoining restaurant. 2 miles west is Venice Beach. East is Culver City proper. Good coffee across the street. Very pet friendly-dogs as well as cats.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days while we were apartment hunting for a move to Los Angeles. The place is great--cute, quaint, comfy, and the price can't be beat. Very convenient if you're visiting the westside, Santa Monica, etc. Parking lot is TIGHT so hopefully you've rented a compact car...but there was never a lack of parking spots. The onsite restaurant is good and there is a great coffee shop/coin laundry place across the street for breakfast and laundry if you need it. We walked to nearby places for dinner a couple of nights.

Please note, though: they really mean it when they say they won't refund for any changes so make sure your plans are FIRM when you check in. They will charge you for the whole stay up front and won't make any exceptions if you need to leave early, even with plenty of notice. We ended up paying for a night we couldn't use when our plans changed unexpectedly. Oh well--we did know this was the policy going in and it was still a great deal all around.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Encinitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I booked the room after looking at the web site and just hoped it was everything people said it was. I was not disappointed, in fact, I was pleasantly surprised. It had a cozy, bright and cheerful atmosphere.
In the morning and evening I would sit outside on the cute little table and chair with the soft pillows and have my morning coffee or evening glass of wine. There were always others outside who would be socializing as well. I loved all the flowers and color! It is so close to everything fun in LA, especially Venice Beach and Santa Monica! I brought my bicycle and left my car in the parking lot......that was a great gas saving benefit! And as a single woman I felt totally protected there. I felt watched after and safe. Also, the restaurant was great! I loved their fish and the cozy atmosphere. Just wished they were open earlier for a great brazilian coffee!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Albany, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I made my reservation over the phone and when I arrived they had no record of it and they had no rooms available. It seemed like a nice place, but it was frustrating that they were so disorganized and not very apologetic.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Queens
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I found this place on the internet by trying to find an inexpensive hotel in LA, Culver City area. This place was great.We stayed 6 nights.Not much around it, but that's fine. I'm an early riser so every morning I'd get up and read outside where there are tables and chairs outside every room under a canopy of blooming flowers. So peaceful. The people were helpful whenever asked and had no problems with us coming late. The bed was comfortable, there was a coffee maker, microwave and little fridge. Very convenient. I also loved the shower. It had amazing water pressure and felt wonderful.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Roskilde
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed in this motel for 3 days, while visiting Venice Beach, Universal etc. We arrived late at night, but the reception is open in the late hours so it was no problem. Before arriving, they responded my emails very quickly and friendly. There were always a parking spot available in front of our room. The bed was soft and the room was comfortable. There were only cups in the kitchen, so we couldn't cook anything. But we had some busy days, so it didn't matter that much.
The price was low and resonable.
Would recommend this motel to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
mid-Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

When we were planning a weeklong trip to Los Angeles to visit family, our son was put in charge of finding us a place to stay. "You'll love this place," he told us. "I walk past it almost every day. It's a cool little Brazilian boutique motel with a cafe' attached, and it's really inexpensive."

A trip to the motel's website added to our intrigue. Actually -- it seemed a little too good to be true.

But we were not disappointed. Driving into the motel plaza (Note: The driveway is very narrow and is hard to spot from the street.), it felt as if we were being transported to South America -- we found ourselves surrounded by bright colors and flowering plants and quirky SA garden art and festive music.

Our room, while small and basic, also reflected this bright, lively Latin flavor.

Although we didn't spend a great deal of time at the motel, we enjoyed the time we were there -- especially just sitting outside our room at the patio table, enjoying the out-of-doors (not always a given in LA). We also enjoyed time in the adjoining cafe', which features a variety of Brazilian food, LOTS of Brazilian soccer on TV and, interestingly, some very good sake' cocktails (love the sugar-cane stirrers).

Long story short -- we had a great time here, and appreciated the friendliness and graciousness of our hosts. We really felt taken care of in a city that can sometimes feel anonymous and not particularly visitor-friendly. We were told that this little motel is popular lodging for visiting families during holidaytimes, and we can see why.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Villa Brasil Motel? Share your experiences!