“Wedding at the Custom” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Custom Hotel

You added Custom Hotel to your Saves list
Custom Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8639 Lincoln Blvd, Westchester, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Ranked #113 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Palm Desert, California
“Wedding at the Custom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The reviews are all outstanding for the Custom Hotel's great location, rooms, service and value. Have you thought about it as a wedding venue? My daughter's wedding was held there last weekend, and every detail was perfect. The staff was supremely accommodating to our guests -- providing them with a terrific room rate and friendly service. Many of our guests were from other parts of the country, and they couldn't get over how friendly LA is ... thanks to the great representation by the Custom. The poolside ceremony, bar, food, decorations, Hangar -- every detail -- was superb! I can't say enough about the entire experience. Wait until you see the pictures! The hotel's sales staff (Gracie) will surely share them with you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Trent A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Hello BeckyPD2013,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of Custom here on TripAdvisor. It was a privilege to have our hotel selected as the location for your daughters wedding. Our staff were all extremely excited as this was Custom's very first wedding ceremony held on property. We did our best to ensure everything went out without a hitch and it truly was a pleasure working with and getting to know all of the family members and friends involved.

We look forward to welcoming you all back to Custom Hotel the next time your business or leisure plans return you to Los Angeles.

Custom Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Korean first
Chelmsford, Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

From the shuttle driver, receptionist and manger Oliver everyone is so friendly and just what you want after a long flight. My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary and everyone has been so kind it makes us feel so at home - thank you Oliver and his Great Team :)
Sindy & Stephen Carmichael-Brown

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello scarmic3,

Thank you for staying with us here at Custom and for taking the time to post a review. We here at Custom want to congratulate your anniversary, we are honored that you decided to share this special occasion with us. It was great to read your lovely comments and that you felt very much so at home as this is the experience we strive to attain with each and every guest.

We do hope you keep us in mind the next time you travels bring you to the Los Angeles area.

Best Regards,

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Firstly, this hotel was, for me, cheap. Super cheap. It was an add-on to a flight to Los Angeles, when I knew I'd be driving out to the desert the following morning, and it cost about £30. I know I'm unlikely to get that price again, but notwithstanding the usual price of around £70-80, I'd happily stay here.

It's unusual for an airport hotel, in that it is in a pretty decent neighborhood with stuff around to do in the evening. The (free) shuttle picked us up without hassle from Arrivals, and we were in the hotel in 10-15 minutes. The staff on check-in were friendly and attentive.

The room itself had a great view and was plenty big enough for 2 with 5 weeks' worth of luggage. Everything in the hotel was spotlessly clean, and the room/foyer were far more sleek than we had initially expected. The bed was comfortable, we didn't hear anything from neighboring rooms at all, and even the toiletries were of really good quality.

We also ate hear twice (through laziness, rather than lack of choice). The dinner in the evening was fantastic, an excellent (and super-cheap for the contents) seafood spaghetti and a great burger. Good beer selection, with views over the pool - a great start to our vacation. Breakfast (around $12 for a huge buffet) was also good, and the staff were friendly.

Checkout was easy, and we were given an on-demand free shuttle back to the airport to pick up the car. We wandered around the area first, and there were quite a few places to eat/shop. All in all, exceptional value and a really nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Trent A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hello N_Lon_09,

Thank you for taking the time to come on TripAdvisor and write such a detailed review of your stay with us. I was thrilled to read that we were able to exceed your expectations when booking last minute. Please keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to the Los Angeles area as we love our friends from "across the pond".

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This my third stay and I always discover something new. So many great places to eat nearby. I had a incredible massage with Lauren at Just Massage a short walk from hotel and only $45. All the super friendly front desk can point you in the right direction. I'll be back Dec 9 th. I now love my LAX layovers

• Stayed November 2013
Trent A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hello Waiohonu,

Thank you so much for your most recent visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience! We are so glad that you now enjoy your layovers in Los Angeles and we are looking forward to your arrival in December.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of assistance!

newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were flying home with United back to Sydney and our flight got cancelled so they put us up here over night the hotel was nice the bed was one of the most comfortable bedz I've ever slept in beside my own bed the breakfast was great good selection. As it near the airport it was better then I expected.

Stayed November 2013
Hi chelsea,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience! We are so happy that you enjoyed our comfy beds and delicious breakfast buffet and we would love to welcome you back to the Custom the next time your business, leisure (or stopover) plans bring you to Los Angeles.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate our anniversary.

The good:
1. Front Desk hosts were all friendly
2. Valet service was fast
3. Bed was comfy and clean
4. Room was spacious (I stayed in an elevated king room)
5. Rooms are very quiet
6. Location was very convenient..near LAX, about 20mins away from downtown Santa Monica
7. Auto checkout via TV

The bad:
1. Housekeeping -- they seemed to have cleaned the bathroom in a rush. There were still dry water marks in the sink and the shower head. The shower curtain had a funny stain in it and I had to clean it myself.
2. Housekeeping staff aren't the friendliest
3. The bathroom needs a little fixing and paint job
4. The restaurant hours arent posted anywhere. Or nobody told me at checkin.

Overall, I wouldnt really stay here again. Although the experience was OK, I'm really picky about the cleanliness of hotel bathrooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hello, Mssine

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience. It was disappointing to read that your experience feel short of your expectations. In your review you mentioned both the good and the bad and we truly are appreciative of both as it allows us to see what we are doing well and where our areas of opportunity lay. In regards to the items mentioned on the bad list I have forwarded these over our Executive Housekeeper for his review along with our Chief Engineer.

I invite you to return to Custom Hotel and give us a chance to win you over on your next experience. I am confident we can turn this "ow" into a "WOW" and restore your faith in our product and service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of personal service.

Front Office Supervisor
Manchester, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I held high hopes for this hotel, it was the most expensive of the 3 we stayed in while in LA. It also looked to be the nicest on the websites. To be fair the rooms are well dressed and the bar/pool area is very funky but that is where the positives stop. If you look slightly beyond the well dressed rooms they are quite scruffy and show many signs of their previous existence as a less selubrious accommodation. Another thing that remains from its past life are the lifts, make sure you take food and water if you are on a higher floor.
My main area of complaint was the parking situation. As I did not book through the hotels website I didn't realise that it was Valet parking. Even if I had realised I would've thought there was an option to park the car yourself. Sadly there is not and on asking the valet if there is an option he gave me attitude and sent me to a road that was clearly neither legal to park on or safe. In the end I had to stump up a further $22 per night for parking. I would prefer to spend that money on a nicer hotel with parking. Then on leaving the hotel I gave another valet my ticket. I then stood outside with several heavy bags and he came and pulled up next to his mate instead of me. His friend just looked at me and shrugged. I got my keys and drove the car forward to my bags.
The receptionist are friendly but the valets offer a poor first and final impression.
In summary, look around for a hotel at the same price if you include $22 for parking. I'm sure you'll find something better.
The one plus is the pizza shop just round the corner that does awesome pizzas. The small or medium is more than enough for one person. Huge and tasty.

Room Tip: The lower the floor the more likely you can use the stairs instead of spending your life waiting for...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Hello RoystonChalmers,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. It was disappointing to read that your experience fell short of your expectations. Rest assured, your feedback did not go unnoticed. I have already forwarded your concerns to our valet manager for his review and follow-up, as this is certainly not the impression we want to give our guests. The areas our valet staff directed to you are, in fact, legal to park at and many of our guests choose to do so. Our neighbors are a grocery store, bowling alley, and apartment complex, all of which have overnight security guards in addition to the hotel's security guards. There is generally plenty of self-parking available in our immediate area, including a lovely residential neighborhood, and we always recommend that guests who choose to park in this manner double-check for signs and painted curbs.

As evidenced by the many satisfied guests in other reviews on this site, I am confident that your experience was the exception and not the standard. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Custom for the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel's service. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of personal service.

Front Office Supervisor
Custom Hotel

Been to Custom Hotel? Share your experiences!