“Comfortable Friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Custom Hotel

Save Saved
You added Custom Hotel to your Saves list
Custom Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8639 Lincoln Blvd, Westchester, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #72 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Comfortable Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed one night. The room was comfortable and different. Not your typical hotel room. I enjoyed my stay. The hotel is conveniently located. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello lcanarini,

Hope all is well since your last stay with us. Thank you for coming onto TripAdvisor and posting a review of your stay at Custom. We truly appreciate you commenting on how much you enjoyed your stay and the fact that you found the hotel to be comfortable and the staff friendly & helpful. Please keep up in mind the nest time your travels bring you to the LAX area.

950 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I needed a place further north from Disneyland, since we didn't want to be making the drive from Anaheim to Santa Monica, Dodgers Stadium, Burbank and Hollywood area every day. This hotel seemed like it would be the perfect fit for us. It was beautiful on the outside and inside lobby, very up to date with modern furniture, natural lighting, and free fruit water (try it! super good!). I was surprised by the mandatory $20 a day valet parking, mainly just because I wasn't expecting it. I look back on it now and remember reading something stating that this was the case when I was booking the hotel, but it must have just skipped my mind. Apart from that, the valet was wonderful. They were always nice, very fast and soon enough remembered my face matched the car I drove and they would just bring the car out without even having to ask! The room was smaller than I expected but it was still very nice. It kept with the wonderful modern theme and the bed was quite comfortable. However, I noticed that the paint was chipping in most places, door frames were broken, carpet was old etc. It's not that it was a bad thing, it just surprised me a bit that they looked to miss a few of the details, causing the age of the building to show through. It seemed as though they tried to hide the shortcomings/aging of the building through band-aide type fixes instead of actually fixing/replacing the issue. All in all, it was perfect for us and we thoroughly enjoyed it!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Trent A, at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hey bradykey,

Thanks for posting a review of us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you were able to find us as making the trek from Anaheim to Dodgers Stadium, Santa Monica, Burbank, and Hollywood everyday would not make for a great experience on your trip to LA. It's nice to know that we turned out to be a prefect fit for you and your girlfriend and we do hope that you will be back to visit us soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Even though I live in the Los Angeles area, over the last year, I stayed at Custom Hotel at least 7. I was graduate student at Loyola Marymount, just north of Custom, and I would check in so I could work on my thesis in the library until late and then retire to room at Custom Hotel. Whenever I wanted to get away from the books, I would venture over to Deck 33, Custom’s bar and restaurant, for a meal or spirits. The staff at Deck 33 got to know me, and it felt like going to a neighborhood bar. The drinks and food were always great. The Staff in the hotel was always exceptional, from the front desk to cleaning staff. The continental breakfast was always good, I sometimes find myself craving the breakfast potatoes. I have stayed in many hotels throughout the U.S., and Custom is one of my favorites. I would highly recommend this to anyone traveling to L.A. or looking for a staycation.

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the airport. It's fun to watch the airplanes.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Erik B,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay here with us at Custom. I'd happy to know that you found the property to not only be a good place to study but also to relax while working on your graduate thesis while attending LMU. It's always nice to treat ourselves to a little "staycation" every now and then. Please do come back and visit us soon.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Friendly, caring, competent staff. Ideal location for me, close to family, Catholic Church,some
shops, restaurants, Ralph's, Beach Pizza (the best ever). Clean, safe, quiet, neighborhood area.
Close to airport. I traveled there in December 2011 to be with family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Kathleen G,

I must say it warms my heart whenever a guest calls the Custom their "home away from home" as this is one of the goals we aim to achieve here. I thank you for taking the time to write a such a lovely review of your stay here with us on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the entire staff here. Please do come visit us the next time your travels bring you to Los Angeles.

donny uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We found custom hotel very clean comftable and great value
Great place to start and end our holiday will be sure to return if ever in LA it is close to lax and a short bus ride to Santa Monica pier were sure who ever stays here will love it

• Stayed September 2012
Hello waynerea,

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a review of your experience on TripAdvisor. Guest feedback is extremely important to us, as it helps us to evaluate our product, service and operations. It was great to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Custom Hotel the next time your business or leisure plans return you to Los Angeles.

Warmest Regards,

Lugano, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very good value for the money.
My room was spacious, modern, quiet and clean. People working at the reception were very friendly and helpful. Location is great, near Lax and also if you visit the west LA area. No need going on the freeway, Lincoln Avenue takes you to Venice and Santa Monica with no traffic jams.
Free shuttel to the airport.
Only pitfall: price for parking is too costly!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hello Kevinmb86,

Thank You for writing a review of us here on TripAdvisor we love hearing feedback from our guest. As you noted in your comment our building is a bit older but has recently gone through a refresh and we are constantly listening to guest feedback as to how to improve even more. Please keep us in mind the next time you are in town for business or pleasure.

Warmest Regards,

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

On standby and couldn't get out of LA for days looking for accommodation, my niece rang from NY and said she would join us in LA and play and said she had booked the Custom Hotel recommended by a friend of hers. We were so surprised by the Custom, price was great and oh so comfortable!! Staff so friendly and helpful!! Relaxing by the pool and everything you need round the corner, ie.grocery store to the right and food places to the left. Dining at night in their fab restaurant overlooking the pool with lots of great reds was just what we needed. Definitely stay at Custom again and again!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Trent A, Front Office Supervisor at Custom Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for writing of review of Custom here on TripAdvisor. I literally said "WoW!" when reading your review as it was great to hear how you were able to take life's lemons: not being able to catch a flight. And turn them into lemonade: a great trip spent with family and filled with fun. I will be sure to pass on your kind words with the rest of the staff as I know it will bring a smile to their faces as well.