“Residence Inn LA Live” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Los Angeles L.A.LIVE

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Los Angeles L.A.LIVE to your Saves list
Residence Inn Los Angeles L.A.LIVE
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   901 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015 (Central L.A)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Wifi & Bonus Points
Ranked #5 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
New York City, New York
“Residence Inn LA Live”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Admittedly, I've never thought about staying at a Residence Inn. After my stay this past weekend, it will become more of a thought than an after thought. The Residence Inn L.A. gives the value of 5 Star hotel at an economic price. The hotel is beautiful and immaculate. (Yes immaculate coming from the person who travels with Clorox wipes). The rooms are spacious and warm with a cool modern day vibe. Unfortunately, time wasn't on my side because I would have loved to relax (in one of the Cabanas), by the beautiful infinity pool longer than an hour. All and all I say pack a bag and make a reservation as the the staff couldn't be more personable and accommodating. (Oh, and you will sleep like a baby in the comfortable beds).

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Peabody, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

My family and I stayed for 1 night at the end of our Southern California vacation. The rooms are gorgeous, though a bit pricey. The service is excellent. The location is great. We were very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Awesome hotel and incredible staff.
I have to say, as a seasoned traveler, I have seen some great hotels and great services. I would put the Residence Inn at LA Live up any boutique or major brand name.
Connected to the Courtyard and across the street from the JW and Ritz, the RI (all marriott) has treated us like family (by remembering our names every morning).
The hotel is brand new, the rooms are great and it is in a perfect downtown location.
As an LA novice, I could not have asked for anything more.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

This is the first time i went to LA. since i was with my wife and 2 kids, we wanted a kitchenette and semi service apartment cum hotel. So this seemed the ideal choice.. Ok for first timers, be prepared to pay about 55 to 60 dollars for cab one way. thats the best way to get to the hotel unless you are renting a car from the airport.Be prepared to pay 38 dollars a night for parking. We hired a big cab and our 3 big suitcases fitted in properly(from the airport).dont do the mistake of hiring a shuttle service. they are bad. There was no service for a porter to carry your bag to the room, so we carried it to the room ourselves. The hotel itself is nice but without a proper restaurant apart from the one that serves breakfast. The breakfast was ok , but quite meagre. Even a thing as basic as an omelette was missing(though there were scrambled eggs :)). The staff was quite nice and cooperative. The room was nice with a good and upmarket feel to it. The hotel lobby is mid sized and decent. There was an avis rent a car nearby where we rented a nice ford mustang. You will need a car when in LA. The pool is very nice and is outdoors. The gym is decent for most. The service in the hotel is slightly sparse but was acceptable. The good part was free breakfast for 4 of us and free hi speed internet.
There are no good places for a tourist in downtown LA. I thought i would have probably been better off renting a place at Santa Monica. There is nothing close by. Overall its a nice place but with the above caveats.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
erik p, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles L.A.LIVE, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and posting your response. We continue to strive on our service so thanks for pointing that out...I'll be sure to share this review with the team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Nowing already several Marriott, I was interested to learn to know the big one like several from the group in Los Angeles, and I choose un offer at a reazonable price including breakfeast and a dailycredit at Residence Inn, near downtown LA.
The choise was good and our story start well on arriving early around midday we got our room already ready and we went up there. In reality it was not a room but a studio, rather big, if we compare with today's hotel size, with kitchnet and of course a superbe view on LA downtown. the employes of the hotel were very amable and helpfull. The breakfeast was ok,but not like big choise like the cancun one for exemple.The only problem we face, leaving the hotel, the taxis were in hand of a group of korean taxi drivers, reazonoable price for the drive to Burbank aeroport, but chauffeur didnt not the way and we nearly miss our plane, in the future better take a yelow cab to avoid problem!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
erik p, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles L.A.LIVE, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and submit your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed the overall hotel/experience. I will speak with the drivers out front about knowing the area and suggest they all buy Garmins....thanks for letting me know.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The hotel is amazing. The room I stayed in (2311) was like a mini apartment; I loved it. I felt like I was at home. There was free wifi and a nice t.v. The bathroom has motion detected lights so it turned on anytime you walked in. The kitchen area was nice as was the living area. The staff was wonderful and friendly. Especially Tymothy. He was a great help and made my front desk experience easy. The pool was heated and beautiful. The gym was equipped with new machines. I loved that the hotel is walking distance from L.A. Live and other restaurants and Target. The hotel made me feel safe, comfortable, and really made me enjoy my stay. I truly had an amazing stay and didn't want to go home. I hope to come back very soon.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
erik p, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles L.A.LIVE, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us and than taking the time to share your experience! I'll be sure to share your comment/feedback with Tim! Glad the location and destination worked out well for your visit....our guests love to visit L.A. LIVE and all it has to offer. Hope to see you back again soon.....

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I made a reservation mistake at the JW Marriot and they were sold out due to a Justin Timberlake concert. I went across the street to the Residence Inn and Tymothy at the front desk was outstanding in finding me a room at a reasonable rate. The accommodation was superb and the breakfast was amazing!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
erik p, General Manager at Residence Inn Los Angeles L.A.LIVE, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your feedback and response. We shared your note regarding your interaction with Tim! He was so excited! Look forward to having you back...

Erik P - General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Los Angeles L.A.LIVE? Share your experiences!