“Photos don't do this hotel justice. Great hotel staffed by great people.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

You added InterContinental Los Angeles Century City to your Saves list
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Formerly Park Hyatt Hotel) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Phoenix, Arizona
“Photos don't do this hotel justice. Great hotel staffed by great people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

I felt like a VIP from the moment my cab dropped me off. Everyone here has passed customer service school with flying colors. My room was meticulously detailed and gave me the feeling I was the first person sleeping in it. I had a great view of the Hollywood sign from the patio. Would I stay here again? The question should be, "Would I stay anywhere else if I return to LA?" My answer to the latter question would be - wouldn't even consider another hotel.

About me: I stay in 8-10 hotels of varying quality per year for combined leisure and business pursuits. This hotel is the finest I've stayed at in the US.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I took this vacation as a splurge before starting a new job - and all in all - I expected a lot more. The room was ok, not great - I specifically asked for a sundeck which was almost impossible to get to with a huge pillar in the way. The comments about looking for tips was spot on but what can you expect. Most of the staff were nice - the hotel restaurant had very nice staff, but the prices (even for LA) were ridiculous.
There really is not much around the hotel - other than the mall. I have to say at the end of the trip when I looked at the bill - I felt cheated. And I travel a lot. Disappointing. Definitely would not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

We booked this hotel using Hotwire and got it for $112/night. That is why i can check that it was a good value. It would have been 2 or 3x that otherwise. Our room was excellent, with a great eastward view with beautiful sunrises each morning we were there (3). We only ate one meal in the hotel, breakfast, and it was excellent, also. I really liked the bathroom in our room, although 2 sinks would have been preferable. It had a separate shower, tub, and nice sink with marble vanity(or granite, not sure) but very pretty.

The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and it was quiet. Not really any privacy when on the balcony, but that was no problem for us as we didn't use the balcony much, except to take a few pictures of the sunrise.

We were there to watch our daughter-in-law run the LA marathon, and it was a very easy walk to see her and all the other runners go by.

I was disappointed that the hotel does not have a gift shop anymore, as i really like just browsing sometimes. The outdoor pool was very pretty, although we did not use it, it did look inviting.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

upgraded to a suite with great view. easy 10mins wlak to Westfield, Fox is only behind the hotel. Once we entered the room within 30 minutes, differnt staffs came in for, our luggages, fruit plate, chocolate plate, water, sacel, sahampoo etc... they kept coming in might be after our tips.
We booked a tour with the hotel, but would never agin. the bus has no seatbelt, driver was driving like F1 and over the speed limit. on the way back. He also took a couple to an unschdule stop and laft us in the bus. Compplaned to the lady at the hotel with nothing done.
checking out quick. when our limo came the manger told one of the bell boy to pick up our luggage but he went to other guy and park his car for him. I later asked confrontedhim and told the manger to sack him. Everyone pay for the service so they should never only serve people with morw tips!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Grand lobby with lots of marble. Very helpful staff. Suite we were assigned was spacious and had two rooms with 2 TVs, king bed and sofa bed. There was also a balcony with chairs that overlooked Los Angeles. Large marble bathroom. The hotel has a car and driver which will bring you within a few miles of the hotel for free. Restaurant is pricey. Room and facilities (indoor pool, business center, etc) were wonderful and not terribly expensive. Two minor complaints: $35/night for parking is shameful, and $12/day for internet is obscene. However we were extremely happy we'd stayed here for our trip to L.A.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Brookline, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

We decided to go to LA because the package price we got was too good to pass up. Unfortunately, we arrived in the middle of a rare rain storm -- but the hotel more than made up for the gray skies. Immediately upon arrival, we were greeted with a beautiful, tasteful lobby, and the receptionists were genuinely friendly and quick. An employee whisked us up to our room on the 14th floor, all the while filling what is usually very awkward elevator time with easy banter.

We needed a wheelchair accessible room, and we were very pleasantly surprised to be ushered into a suite with a living room area, a desk, a separate bedroom, and a bathroom with a roll-in shower (and TWO shower heads). On occasion, we have found hotels that only put accessible rooms on lower floors, but our suite was on the top floor, with sweeping views of the Los Angeles skyline. We were there for three mornings, and each day it became progressively sunnier; each night there were twinkling city lights beneath us.

The spa was pretty and quiet -- my boyfriend's massage was so relaxing that he fell asleep on the table. Mine was more of a deep tissue massage, which left me slightly sore the next day. The massage therapist also did my eyebrow wax, which I found to be unsatisfactory. I would recommend going to the brow shaping place at the nearby Westfield mall, instead.

On our last evening, we cozied up on one of the aubergine colored velvet couches in the lobby for a glass of wine and some sushi, basking in the glamorous ambiance while we still could.

And now we're back in snowy New England, wishing we could be enjoying all the plushness of the Intercontinental in Century City.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
San Luis Obispo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

My family really liked this hotel. The room was spacious and included an office area. My kids loved the pool and hot tub. The food was good too and the employees were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!