“Nice rooms, very poor service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

You added InterContinental Los Angeles Century City to your Saves list
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Formerly Park Hyatt Hotel) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #53 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Shanghai, China
“Nice rooms, very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was my second stay at the Intercontinental Century City. I have no major complaints about the rooms, facilities, and amenities. The gym and outdoor pool area are nice, and concierge services very helpful. The breakfast was fine but the buffet could use improvement in it's presentation. Also, an executive lounge would be a great addition. The valet is very expensive and when paying such a high fee it is totally unacceptable to have to wait 25 minutes to be brought my car, including several other guests arriving after me receiving theirs before myself.

However, my biggest complaint was the (still unresolved) issue with my bill. Platinum ambassador status members receive one free in-room movie, and this was confirmed upon check in and check out. However, the final charge to my credit card still included the in-room movie, even after the receptionist confirmed it had been removed. Upon reviewing the charge after returning home I immediately contacted the hotel by email and phone, and each time was put through to the billing department where my call was left unanswered. I left messages 4 days in a row, and even spoke to and left two messages with the hotel call desk. One female receptionist went so far as to promise to call me back personally if the billing department manager did not contact me, but as of today I still have not heard from anyone, and my credit card has not been reimbursed the charge. Its a small $20 charge, but its principle. I have also taken this up with the ambassador services. I have stayed at many Intercontinental properties worldwide and in all those years this has been by far my worst experience. After such a memorable first stay at this property 2 years ago, I will not be returning to this property in the future and would not recommend it to anyone I know traveling to the Los Angeles area. Note: I waited over a week before publishing this review to allow Intercon CC to get back to me. Its sad given my positive experiences in the past with the brand....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
OperationsLAXHA, Dir of Room Operations at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear jennylebeouf,
Please allow me to extend our sincere apology for the lapse in follow-up to your request. Thank you for your loyalty to the brand and your membership as a Platinum Ambassador. I can assure you, we take these matters very seriously and will take the appropriate actions to assure this doesn't happen again. I have processed the movie benefit you are entitled to and will correspond with you directly. Again, my apologies and I sincerely hope you allow us an opportunity to extend our true Spirit of Hospitality upon your next visit to Los Angeles.

Dir of Room Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The Intercontinental Century City is a very nice hotel. The rooms are modern and well appointed. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and very well maintained. The restaurant, fitness room and pool amenities are all of a high standard. The lobby entrance is complimented by very pretty beautiful flower arrangements. attentive valet service and a nice, intimate registration area. Rather a boutique feel for a fairly large hotel. Those accoutrements while very appealing and a reason to stay at this property are exceeded by the terrific service provided by this hotel and the reason I rated this property excellent.

The epitome of that sevice focus is Galina Slavova. Guest Relations Supervisor by title, awesome, wonderful, friendly representative of this hotel by word and deed. Ms Slavova is a reason to stay at this Interconental property. The team providing service at the valet, room service, bell staff and the housekeeping staff were all very focused on making sure our experience was positive and that our needs were more than met during our stay. The attentiveness of the staff at this hotel to guests is impressive.

The room was very nice with a great view of Los Angeles, I would qualify that by saying, to the extent which a view in LA that is not connected to the Pacific Ocean can be great. An easterly view provides you with a sightline to the HOLLYWOOD sign and the mountains. A pretty morning view.

The location of the hotel is good for visiting the Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Museum and Santa Monica areas if these are on your agenda. Also has good access to the highways to get around the Southern California sites. This is a very nice property exemplified by the superb level of service focus they provide their guests.

Oh, Did I mention the live orchids in the room....a nice touch.

Room Tip: East side rooms provide best views.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear gary c,
It is our absolute pleasure to provide excellent service to you during your travels! It's comments like yours that inspire us to continue to strive to do more. Thank you for recognizing all the areas from landscaping to the fitness center. In particular, Galina is an asset to our property and your comments have been shared with her among her peers. Thank you again for your positive comments and we look forward to servicing you on your next visit.

Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Our stay here was excellent.
My room had a wonderful view of the city, was very clean and close to really nice places on the west side of Los Angeles.

My video review is here:

All photos I took are here:
I didn't let this affect my rating but there was one issue. The room was not ready when I got there and I had to wait for over an hour but all in all I had a really nice stay there and would love to stay there again.

Scary Girl at the InterContinental Hotel in Century City - Los Angeles CA with good friends Susan and Wayne.

Room Tip: Rooms higher up have great views of the surrounding area!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SpiderWayne,
We are happy to learn you were satisfied with your room, cleanliness, and view! One of our great features to offer include all rooms with balconies and great views of Los Angeles. My apologies there was a delay in your room readiness, however, I'm happy to know we recovered. Thank you for your feedback, it is appreciated.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed here at the end of a special trip to Southern California. The hotel is located in a very convenient location within walking distance to Wesfield Century City Mall and well-located for Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. Our room had a great view out over Los Angeles and was a good size and very clean.

However, I just really felt that we didn't really get enough for the money that we paid for it. Absolutely nothing was included - a can of diet coke cost around $5! The breakfast was ridiculously overpriced for what you got. I was excited about getting to go to the spa but unfortunately when I called to make an appointment I was told that they were short on staff and didn't have any appointments on the days I wanted. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors for a good view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Page M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am happy to learn you were satisfied with your accomodations, size and spectacular Los Angeles views. I am sorry to learn you were not able to reserve a Spa treatment on your desired days. For future reference, please be advised we also offer packages that bundle features such as breakfast, parking, and/or internet if desired. I would be happy to assist you on a future booking if travels return you to the Los Angeles area. Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the InterContinental Los Angeles.

Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed here on the first leg of our honeymoon. Hotel staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - especially concierge!
Hotel conveniently located to access all parts of LA and surrounding areas.
Room service was great though we only had it once and didn't eat any other meals in the hotel.
Rooms very comfortable and accommodating. Hotel appearance was fantastic!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Was part of a conference and stayed here. The people were above and beyond helpful. The hotel was in a great area, not far away from retail. Really nice experience...I know it'd be pricy for a family stay, but I'd really have to consider it since it was such a memorable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a great hotel for business and pleasure. Have stayed here many times and never had a problem. A short walk to the Century City Westfield Mall as well is a really nice bonus. Watch out for the parking fees but that is nothing unusual for LA.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!