This was my second stay at the Intercontinental Century City. I have no major complaints about the rooms, facilities, and amenities. The gym and outdoor pool area are nice, and concierge services very helpful. The breakfast was fine but the buffet could use improvement in it's presentation. Also, an executive lounge would be a great addition. The valet is very expensive and when paying such a high fee it is totally unacceptable to have to wait 25 minutes to be brought my car, including several other guests arriving after me receiving theirs before myself.
However, my biggest complaint was the (still unresolved) issue with my bill. Platinum ambassador status members receive one free in-room movie, and this was confirmed upon check in and check out. However, the final charge to my credit card still included the in-room movie, even after the receptionist confirmed it had been removed. Upon reviewing the charge after returning home I immediately contacted the hotel by email and phone, and each time was put through to the billing department where my call was left unanswered. I left messages 4 days in a row, and even spoke to and left two messages with the hotel call desk. One female receptionist went so far as to promise to call me back personally if the billing department manager did not contact me, but as of today I still have not heard from anyone, and my credit card has not been reimbursed the charge. Its a small $20 charge, but its principle. I have also taken this up with the ambassador services. I have stayed at many Intercontinental properties worldwide and in all those years this has been by far my worst experience. After such a memorable first stay at this property 2 years ago, I will not be returning to this property in the future and would not recommend it to anyone I know traveling to the Los Angeles area. Note: I waited over a week before publishing this review to allow Intercon CC to get back to me. Its sad given my positive experiences in the past with the brand....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Los Angeles Century City is a taste of true Hollywood style. Our convenient Westside address is within walking distance of 20th Century Fox Studios, MGM Tower, Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive and upscale shopping at Westfield Century City. A quick drive will take you to the Getty Center, Los Angeles city centre, UCLA or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Los Angeles Century City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Intercontinental