“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

You added InterContinental Los Angeles Century City to your Saves list
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Formerly Park Hyatt Hotel) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Istanbul, Turkey
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel has a very good location in Century City/Beverly Hills. You can drive easily to many points in LaA from here.

The lobby was spacious and elegant, welcoming you warmly with beautiful fresh flowers everywhere. The breakfast and bar areas were also nice.

The staff was helpful and kind.

Free wi-fi was available at the lobby.

Valet parking was efficient most of the times.

The room was spacious (one bedroom suite), however it needed a facelift. The furniture looked outdated and the sofa bed was very uncomfortable for my son to have a good sleep. The king bed in the bedroom was comfortable. There was only one bathroom/toilet in the room. The AC unit made so much noise that we had to call a technician who changed the control unit immediately, then it was ok.

Overall, I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I agree with many of the other reviewers that the rooms need updating, but they were comfortable. The air conditioning in the hallway also seemed to be broken. The staff was courteous. The hotel is just a short walk to Westfield Century City, which has a number of restaurants, movies and many stores, but otherwise, there isn't a lot to do in Century City. Room service was good and fast. Valet parking was also fast. The front desk was also courteous and efficient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
USA
1,134 helpful votes 1,134 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel when staying in Los Angeles. This hotel is in a good location with an excellent atmosphere. The staff are excellent, rooms are spacious with a modern style and cleanliness. I am sure you will enjoy your stay at this hotel. The food is recommended here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been staying at this property at least once per year since 2006 when it was a Park Hyatt. After Intercontinental took over later that year you could still bank on solid service and well kept rooms. However, on my most recent stay, things are really beginning to slip both in service. and the physical facility. There was mold growing on the mirror above the bathtub and the terrace was full of dead plants. (There are planter boxes around many rooms/suites of the property). While the lobby has been remodeled, the guest rooms have not, and resemble something from the late 1980's. They are extremely worn and tired. Additionally, they have started putting some heavy air freshener in the guest room corridors that is overpowering and makes the place smell like a retirement home.
It's a shame, but you can do better in Century City/Beverly Hills area than the IC at this point.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear JamesN601BN,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am travelling to Los Angeles in October. I will be arriving on my own and staying the first night by myself until my friends arrive I the next day. I obviously can't comment in what the hotel is like yet but already my experience with the staff has been first class. I emailed to ask about the airport shuttle and then a month or so later api emailed to ask about helping me with transport for the Warner Brothers Tour. Both times the concierge got back to me really quickly with all of my different options, from the most expensive down to the budget ways. I am pretty impressed so far...hope it all lives up to my expectations!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel was lovely, staff friendly and helpful. Arrived with only half an hour to get to a wine tasting across town, the concierege, J Scott Worthington, was wonderful. He found the venue and sorted a taxi while we booked into our room. We would not have got to the wine tasting if he had not been so efficient. He then helped us out the following evening by recommending and booking a great Italian restaurant (Enoteca Drago) – probably one of the best meals we had on the whole trip. Thank you again, J Scott Worthingon.
The rooms were clean, roomy and very pleasant. The outdoor swimming pool was an excellent way to relax after driving through Los Angeles, if a bit windy! Plenty of sun beds and towels with attentive staff at hand.
Valet parking quick and efficient.
Great end to a wonderful fly drive holiday in USA!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

So much went right with this stay, it really did. We were in an Executive Suite (1221) the room was comfortable for the family, with the addition of a roll in bed for our daughter. Efrim at the front desk helped us greatly and deserves special mention for making our stay pleasant. Paul at Valet Parking also deserves a great deal of credit for all the help he gave us. The professionalism displayed by those two individuals alone go make up for some of the shortfall we found in other areas.

With that said there were issues. During our stay we had to ask for our room to be serviced several times. The last night, we had been gone all day, no do not disturb sign left out or anything, and the room didn’t get cleaned until we got back to the hotel at 8pm and called to ask for it. I don’t find that acceptable in a hotel of this caliber.

We also had an issue with Valet parking earlier in the stay. We called down for the car and were left waiting for 25 minutes. We asked several attendants who told us if we called down it’s in the que. After waiting another 10 minutes I finally went to the window and asked. I was told by the young woman, very impolitely that she “forgot.” As in “Yeah, I forgot, sorry.” That doesn’t cut it when you are paying 35ish dollars for valet parking. It better be up right away and if something does cause a slowdown a sincere apology, is warranted. I was very displeased with that situation.

The rooms really need an update. They are comfortable, but outdated. The wallpaper was bubbling in spots in our suite and the carpet could use a cleaning. It’s no different from my review a couple years ago. In needed it then and it needs it now.

All in all, we will probably return, but management should take note that we will only return because of the sincere professionalism displayed by a number of your employees. Other aspects need some work.

Thank you.

Room Tip: The balcony is a nice touch, make use of it, especially in the evening.