“Nice Hotel but....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

You added InterContinental Los Angeles Century City to your Saves list
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Formerly Park Hyatt Hotel) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #53 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice Hotel but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

There is no denying that the hotel itself is nothing short of stunning. Its beautiful all around - the rooms, the lobby, etc. However, we had purchased breakfast buffet with our stay and it was the same exact food every single day - no variety. For myself it was ok because I was only there for 5 days but for my relatives who stayed there for a month it got to be boring. We had a room and several suites and the suites were obviously nice and spacious the rooms are tight. Forget about sleeping on a pull out sofa- you can feel the springs in your back and they are not comfortable. Also, all the pillows they have are large and extremely firm - very uncomfortable as well. I should mention that in one of 4 suites my relatives had reserved an ipod and a very expensive watch went missing. So just beware and lock your stuff up!! There is nothing within walking distance or near so be sure you have a car or count on using a taxi to get around. Other Intercontinentails I have stayed at had kids activities or playrooms but I didnt find anything of the sorts at this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear MGabil,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We are sorry for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay and for not creating a memorable stay for you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is very well located right on avenue of stars, but you need to drive or get a cab for everything. The parking is 15 bucks and not well organized, I lost my card and their charged twice a single night. The room is clean and the bed will take you in a very good sleep quality. The room is large and well organized. I traveled alone and my experience was OK but I will recommend only for couples or business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice big hotel in LA . Not in the centre but not too far either . We were here for a couple of days at the end of our Route 66 trip . Room was clean and done us perfectly . We travelled a lot in LA and our car is valet parked for us , just give a small tip when collecting if you want . We also wanted to go out drinking one day so the hotel arranged for their own limo to take us out . This was arranged in a Route 66 package for us so that's why we stayed . Not sure if we would stay here again or try get somewhere nearer the " action " .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Beverly Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The check-in was slow, even after I asked if there was a designated area for Platinum Ambassador members. That was the only low point.....welcoming letter with fruit basket and water in a beautiful suite. They up-graded us and the suite was fantastic....spacious, spotless, and well-appointed. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful....allowing for late check-out as it was an afternoon flight out. Lovely property.....highly recommended.

Room Tip: Property is beautiful.....high floor with city view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here recently as a family with two young children (9 & 6). I found the staff both at the valet to the reception very friendly and focused on service..didn't go anywhere with someone wanting to open a door and to say hello. The pool was very nice for the kids as well and got lots of sun. The hotel though needs some maintenance...the hallway walls are all marked up with scratches and marks from the housekeeping carts, the wall paper in places are peeling and they need to do a paint job. Parking is a big cash grab as well at $36/night and there should be free in room internet (have to pay $12.954/day) vs. just in the lobby. Despite these negatives if you can get a reasonable price then its worth staying.

Room Tip: Any room is good as long as you are not facing south and on floors 2-4 where you hear the noise from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear vanha10,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
IHG Care
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I rarely ever stay at an Intercontinental-seems like a dated chain! But when I had to stay in a hotel in Century City for a week, decided to test it out, after staying at the Hyatt many times. Was looking for a park and stay rate, but neither offered one. Other than that, base rate very similar. I decided to join Ambassador, figuring I'd like the comp upgrade, internet, water, etc, since I'm staying for a week, Requested early check in. Figured a 2p check in wouldn't be difficult, as a VIP-the front desk couldn't accommodate my early check in, even though the lobby wasn't busy or crowded. Didn't seem like much was going on! No one seemed to be paying attention to my request to check in early. Finally, I initiated a request, and told them I had to leave to make an appt, which I did. Finally, after fussing, they let me check in after 3p. After that I received two
separate phone calls, asking if my room had been cleaned? Then I ordered room service, which
was quite good, far superior to Hyatt. But after that, trying to rest and chill, I had two people
knocking on my door, when my privacy sign was on, one phone call from room service, trying to
deliver food again, and I was trying to sleep that whole time! Could you please get with the program???
After the annoying and not so accommodating check in, I had a very positive stay. Manicure at
spa was great, valet, pretty good, upgraded room, quite nice, but in all fairness, feel that the hotel
is dated and needs a redo.
But excellent, quiet location, nice lobby, public spaces. And decent service! After all that, I would stay again!

Room Tip: Joining Ambassador is worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have stayed here previously and the property now really needs refreshing. The bathrooms are tired and lacking the extra detail that I expect in this brand......moldy shower doors and missing caulking............cracked sink............certainly not expected. I am a Platinum Ambassador member and was not recognized and did not receive my fruit plate etc without having to ask several time. It seems all the investment has been in the lobby and meeting room area and i am sure they live well off the conferences. But when using my points.......its hard to beat!

Room Tip: If you get a deluxe suite make sure it is not a corner room as they are small and cramped..........h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear malcolm h,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate issues with the room, and your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member.

Ben J
IHGCare

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!