“Great hotel but not good value of money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

You added InterContinental Los Angeles Century City to your Saves list
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Formerly Park Hyatt Hotel) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #43 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel but not good value of money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is very well located right on avenue of stars, but you need to drive or get a cab for everything. The parking is 15 bucks and not well organized, I lost my card and their charged twice a single night. The room is clean and the bed will take you in a very good sleep quality. The room is large and well organized. I traveled alone and my experience was OK but I will recommend only for couples or business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nice big hotel in LA . Not in the centre but not too far either . We were here for a couple of days at the end of our Route 66 trip . Room was clean and done us perfectly . We travelled a lot in LA and our car is valet parked for us , just give a small tip when collecting if you want . We also wanted to go out drinking one day so the hotel arranged for their own limo to take us out . This was arranged in a Route 66 package for us so that's why we stayed . Not sure if we would stay here again or try get somewhere nearer the " action " .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Beverly Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The check-in was slow, even after I asked if there was a designated area for Platinum Ambassador members. That was the only low point.....welcoming letter with fruit basket and water in a beautiful suite. They up-graded us and the suite was fantastic....spacious, spotless, and well-appointed. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful....allowing for late check-out as it was an afternoon flight out. Lovely property.....highly recommended.

Room Tip: Property is beautiful.....high floor with city view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here recently as a family with two young children (9 & 6). I found the staff both at the valet to the reception very friendly and focused on service..didn't go anywhere with someone wanting to open a door and to say hello. The pool was very nice for the kids as well and got lots of sun. The hotel though needs some maintenance...the hallway walls are all marked up with scratches and marks from the housekeeping carts, the wall paper in places are peeling and they need to do a paint job. Parking is a big cash grab as well at $36/night and there should be free in room internet (have to pay $12.954/day) vs. just in the lobby. Despite these negatives if you can get a reasonable price then its worth staying.

Room Tip: Any room is good as long as you are not facing south and on floors 2-4 where you hear the noise from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear vanha10,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and the level of service provided. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we strive to provide service rates that are competitive in the area. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I rarely ever stay at an Intercontinental-seems like a dated chain! But when I had to stay in a hotel in Century City for a week, decided to test it out, after staying at the Hyatt many times. Was looking for a park and stay rate, but neither offered one. Other than that, base rate very similar. I decided to join Ambassador, figuring I'd like the comp upgrade, internet, water, etc, since I'm staying for a week, Requested early check in. Figured a 2p check in wouldn't be difficult, as a VIP-the front desk couldn't accommodate my early check in, even though the lobby wasn't busy or crowded. Didn't seem like much was going on! No one seemed to be paying attention to my request to check in early. Finally, I initiated a request, and told them I had to leave to make an appt, which I did. Finally, after fussing, they let me check in after 3p. After that I received two
separate phone calls, asking if my room had been cleaned? Then I ordered room service, which
was quite good, far superior to Hyatt. But after that, trying to rest and chill, I had two people
knocking on my door, when my privacy sign was on, one phone call from room service, trying to
deliver food again, and I was trying to sleep that whole time! Could you please get with the program???
After the annoying and not so accommodating check in, I had a very positive stay. Manicure at
spa was great, valet, pretty good, upgraded room, quite nice, but in all fairness, feel that the hotel
is dated and needs a redo.
But excellent, quiet location, nice lobby, public spaces. And decent service! After all that, I would stay again!

Room Tip: Joining Ambassador is worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have stayed here previously and the property now really needs refreshing. The bathrooms are tired and lacking the extra detail that I expect in this brand......moldy shower doors and missing caulking............cracked sink............certainly not expected. I am a Platinum Ambassador member and was not recognized and did not receive my fruit plate etc without having to ask several time. It seems all the investment has been in the lobby and meeting room area and i am sure they live well off the conferences. But when using my points.......its hard to beat!

Room Tip: If you get a deluxe suite make sure it is not a corner room as they are small and cramped..........h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear malcolm h,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate issues with the room, and your interactions with the staff prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your comments, and continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My new wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon after flying in from Australia. When we got there an irate guest was complaining in a very loud fashion at the front desk. He was yelling so loud I was like “what a rude guy.” Nope. Valid. We had just flown for almost an entire day and really just wanted a shower and to get something to eat when we got there. It was well after we were supposed to check in so we though no problem, shower and grab dinner at a nice restaurant. The front desk then told us our room wouldn’t be ready for hours, plural. My wife was upset at this as it was already over three hours after we were supposed to check in. The receptionist as completely unapologetic and made a snide remark or two before sending us to wait on one of the couches. We sat and waited with the steamed guest who kept saying to himself how ridiculous it was. Eventually, after about half an hour, we started talking. Turns out he had reserved ten rooms for a business conference and all of his clients had left because the rooms weren’t available. It was so bad he was afraid he might lose his job.

Finally we got to our room. A wheel chair room. The bathroom was ridiculous. It had handicapped fixtures everywhere and it was hard to take a shower due to the placement of all the fixtures. When you are over six foot and it’s designed for someone who is sitting down, showering is an adventure. I literally (not figuratively) had to almost get on my knees to wash my hair.

Well you probably get the idea by now. The service was horrible all around. Good luck if you want them to get you a cab. Good luck with room service. Good luck with a fast checkout.

Calling this place a five star (we had just stayed at a five star in Atlanta, Fiji, Sydney, and Cairns) is like calling dog poo a filet.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
OperationsLAXHA, Dir of Room Operations at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Mike T,,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your most valuable feedback. It's comments like yours that help us grow. We are constantly seeking feedback to help us improve both our product and levels of service. Please accept my apologies for your less than perfect experience. I want you to know we take our service levels very seriously and your experience has been escalated to the Executive Office. I would love the opportunity to communicate with you on as many details as possible. I have sent you a private message to contact me directly. Thank you again and I look forward to our future correspondence.

Dir of Room Operations