My new wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon after flying in from Australia. When we got there an irate guest was complaining in a very loud fashion at the front desk. He was yelling so loud I was like “what a rude guy.” Nope. Valid. We had just flown for almost an entire day and really just wanted a shower and to get something to eat when we got there. It was well after we were supposed to check in so we though no problem, shower and grab dinner at a nice restaurant. The front desk then told us our room wouldn’t be ready for hours, plural. My wife was upset at this as it was already over three hours after we were supposed to check in. The receptionist as completely unapologetic and made a snide remark or two before sending us to wait on one of the couches. We sat and waited with the steamed guest who kept saying to himself how ridiculous it was. Eventually, after about half an hour, we started talking. Turns out he had reserved ten rooms for a business conference and all of his clients had left because the rooms weren’t available. It was so bad he was afraid he might lose his job.
Finally we got to our room. A wheel chair room. The bathroom was ridiculous. It had handicapped fixtures everywhere and it was hard to take a shower due to the placement of all the fixtures. When you are over six foot and it’s designed for someone who is sitting down, showering is an adventure. I literally (not figuratively) had to almost get on my knees to wash my hair.
Well you probably get the idea by now. The service was horrible all around. Good luck if you want them to get you a cab. Good luck with room service. Good luck with a fast checkout.
Calling this place a five star (we had just stayed at a five star in Atlanta, Fiji, Sydney, and Cairns) is like calling dog poo a filet.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City Hotel
- Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City Hotel Los Angeles
- Intercontinental Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Los Angeles Century City is a taste of true Hollywood style. Our convenient Westside address is within walking distance of 20th Century Fox Studios, MGM Tower, Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive and upscale shopping at Westfield Century City. A quick drive will take you to the Getty Center, Los Angeles city centre, UCLA or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Los Angeles Century City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.