I made the mistake to book a two week business stay at this horrible establishment. Despite its lobby and the plush outlook, this is only the "window" to old and neglected interiors, even in the suite I was upgraded to. Everything was falling apart, stains on the carpet, a bathroom designed in the sixties and the brilliant idea of installing the noisy minibar in the bedroom, so you won't be able to sleep. The magnificent view of a vacant parking lot, stained my memory for weeks. Equally depressing was the bare balcony with terribly aging and drab garden furniture. The room service I used frequently (as a writer I stayed in working) is rudimentary and fit for a motel. But the quintessence of rudeness was displayed by a bell boy who brought my luggage down at check-out. I handed him a $5 note which he regarded with disgust, never said "thank you," then he pointed at the valet who had brought my car and said "aren't you going to tip this guy?"
If you like motel-style operations masquerading as four star hotels, book your next stay at the Intercontinental, Los Angeles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Los Angeles Century City is a taste of true Hollywood style. Our convenient Westside address is within walking distance of 20th Century Fox Studios, MGM Tower, Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive and upscale shopping at Westfield Century City. A quick drive will take you to the Getty Center, Los Angeles city centre, UCLA or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Los Angeles Century City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Angeles Century City Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Intercontinental