“fantastic hotel, great amenities & service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

You added InterContinental Los Angeles Century City to your Saves list
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Formerly Park Hyatt Hotel) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #60 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
new york, ny
“fantastic hotel, great amenities & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Staff was very helpful, and upgraded us to a suite (ambassador status). The room was huge, with separate bedroom from the living room where our kids stayed. The bathroom was first-class with a large walk-in shower and separate tub. The bed was wonderful to sleep in. The kids enjoyed swimming in the pool, which was empty early evenings (only put average rating for kid activities because we really did not use/ask for any). The lounge area was wonderful and the valet service for parking very quick (although you are paying for it). Easy to drive to everything, just not close to walk anywhere.

All in all, a great hotel property with top-notch service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
OperationsLAXHA, Dir of Room Operations at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Kpjj,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay. We welcome all our guest feedback. I am delighted to know our spacious suite, timely service, and lounge experience met your expectations. Please consider us as your home away from home on your next visit to Los Angeles. Thank you again and we look forward to servicing you in the future.

Dir of Room Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I recently visited LA for a couple of nights and booked the InterContinental Century City. I was excited to stay there as every other InterContinental I've ever stayed at, whether in the US or abroad, has always been very high quality. The $150 price I got on Hotwire also seemed like a good deal. As I was driving up the hotel's entrance, it certainly seemed as if this hotel would meet my expectations. Unfortunately, these expectations were dashed as soon as I arrived in my room. I made a list of what I saw including: 1) Hairs in the bathtub and toilet; 2) Dead bugs on the desk; 3) No hairdryer; 4) Dirty/moldy bathtub tiles; 5) No fridge (as I had requested and confirmed); 6) Part of the bathroom door appeared as if it were bashed-in, which, I would later learn, is seen in most rooms because the door doesn't quite fit the frame; 7) A dirty carpet.

Naturally, I immediately asked to change rooms and brought with me pictures to show the manager. I was given another room and wasn't even given an apology for the disgusting state of the room. My "new" room was a little better but there was still no fridge, hairs in the bathtub, dirty tiles and a bashed in bathroom door.

Before leaving the hotel, I made sure to speak with the manager again and he acknowledged that this is an old hotel and that the rooms haven't been updated in 30-40 years. They are planning a renovation for this coming year. Why the InterContinental corporate office has allowed this hotel to fall into such disrepair on so many levels, including the management, is a mystery given that their hotels are generally 4-5 stars. The room quality of this hotel is 3 stars at best. The hairs and dirt bring it down to 2 stars in my opinion. Oh, and the $150 rate didn't seem as good once the mandatory $36 valet charge was added on.

Intercontinental.......you just lost a very loyal customer.

Room Tip: Most, if not all rooms, haven't been updated in 30-40 years. Renovation is planned for 3013-14.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ethan129,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your most recent stay. This is how we learn and how we grow; not only as a brand, but as a team. Your feedback is welcomed, and I humbly extend an apology on the cleanliness of your assigned room. We take these matters very seriously. We are scheduled for a guestroom Refresh Project in 2013. Despite our upcoming Refresh Project, we are committed to maintaining our cleanliness standards, providing friendly & professional service in a timely manner, and offering amenities that enhance your stay. I hope you can view this as an isolated event and give us the opportunity to service you again upon your return to Los Angeles.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We loved our two night stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in Century City over the Christmas 2012 holiday. Awesome location.

The suite that we had booked to host a family gathering was quite lovely, comfortable, spaceous, and well appointed. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms have a totally tasteful, up to date decorum. The room service was great. When we experienced a small problem with the kmode, the engineer came right up to fix it. TThey also brought up a corkscrew cheerfully and quickly when requested. The hotel lobby had beautiful decorations for the holidays. The only thing perhaps not perfect perhaps is the lack of a coffee kiosk in the hotel lobby so one could grab a cup of coffee andperhaps a pastry or bagel on their way out the door - I always appreciate having one in a hotel where I stay.

The service was cheerful and helpful. A great lodging experience!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Herb G,
Thank you for selecting the InterContinental Los Angeles - Century City during your recent visit to Los Angeles. I am delighted to learn our suite accommodation, timely response, Holiday decor, and more all met your expectations. We strive to not only meet, but exceed our guests' expectations. However, my apologies, you were not informed, our Lobby Lounge has wonderful baristas in the mornings to offer complimentary coffee and tea. Pastries and other goodies are also available for purchase. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to servicing you again on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Happy Travels,

Brooklyn, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

we stayed for 3 days, room nice and clean,nice balcony, watch the shower,it might burn you,it was changing from ice cold, to hot,spoke to house keeping,they couldn't help me, no business center the only computer they have,is standing in a closet and try to work from there

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear David F,
Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback after a recent stay. It's feedback like yours that helps us improve both our product and services. I am happy to learn you enjoyed one of our all guestroom balconies with spectacular views of Los Angeles and the cleanliness of the room met your expectations. However, please accept my apology if you were only made aware of our lobby kiosk, primarily used for small tasks such as printing a boarding pass. If your travels return you to the InterContinental Los Angeles - Century City, please be aware we offer business center services through our Concierges in addition, we offer a private VIP Lounge equipped with a PC and laptop with a multipurpose device for printing, scanning, and faxing. Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity to service you in the future.

Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel is located very well in Century City with easy access to Beverly Hills and Hollywood. It is easy to find and the drive from the airport isn't difficult (save LA stop and go traffic). Check in was quick and painless and I was informed that as a Platinum Ambassador, I was upgraded to a Deluxe Suite, and when I went up to the room, VOSS water and a fruit basket were waiting for me as my welcome amenity. The valet was very efficient and friendly.

The suite itself was large and well furnished, and the bed was comfortable. I will say that the decor and furniture look worn, tired, and a little old, as does the bathroom which looks a little cheap. Tile and wallpaper are more reminiscent of a Holiday Inn than an IC.

My last night, I ate at the restaurant downstairs called "Park Grill". When I walked up, the Maitre d' was nowhere to be found, so I walked in and was greeted by the waiter who profusely apologized for my having to wait and proceeded by having me choose a table. I ate off the "tapas-style" menu and ordered a beer. The waiter brought me two tastes of beer for a blind taste test and asked me which I prefer. Upon my choice, he went about ordering me a glass from the bar, but the beer didn't make it from the empty bar to the empty restaurant for at least 5 minutes. Eventually I flagged down the bar tender and told him that the beer siting on his countertop was intended for me, at which point he brought it to my table. I ate two salads which were both excellent and was warmly sent off by my waiter. To summarize...poor reception, great waiter, very good food, decent value.

All in all, I enjoyed my 2 day stay at this property, and they honored the free internet for Platinum Ambassadors, so I had a good, fast internet connection at all times. Check out was painless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
OperationsLAXHA, Dir of Room Operations at InterContinental Los Angeles Century City, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Stephen P,
Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Los Angeles during your recent visit to Los Angeles. We are delighted to have you experience our Hotel and welcome all our guests' feedback. We take pride in recognizing our loyal Platinum Ambassador members and appreciate your business. My apologies on the delay of receiving you into our Park Grill Restaurant and delivery of the beer. I am very happy to learn our staff was friendly, professional, and expedited a timely check-out. Your comments will be shared with the staff as a training tool. Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity of servicing you on your return visit.

Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Last month -- after years of staying at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza -- I was forced to try something new when they were all booked. Luckily, my stars were aligned on Avenue of the Stars! I stayed at the Intercontinental and had a *fabulous* experience from start to finish for five reasons: 1) rate was very competitive for the area; 2) check in and out was smooth and easy with sweet and efficient staff ready to help; 3) when I politely inquired about a possible upgrade, one was offered at no additional cost; 4) the lobby was always lively, festive and fun and 5) best part -- the swimming pool is one of my all-time favorite places to do rooftop laps. What a treat in the evening to swim under the stars! I will definitely return to this hotel next time I am in LA -- a great hotel at a great price. Very good value!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

When we arrived in the lobby of the hotel we were wow-ed. We loved the décor, the ambiance and the vibration. Check in was very efficient, although we were first downgraded from the room we reserved, when we found out and mentioned this to the reception, we got excuses and the room we reserved.
The one bedroom suite is large. We had a view over Fox studios. The room is classic and is not in balance (Style) with the lobby. The lobby is colorful and modern, the rooms are classic and bit outdated. The wow effect was gone in the room.

Our bathroom did not have a sink, this was in the bedroom where there is also carpet, this is not very hygienic. The living room is large and comfortable. It contained a sofa and chairs. The curtains are full with holes.

Dining in the restaurant was good. They serve a tapas menu. We did not like breakfast, it was very expensive for the quality you get. No normal bread, no eggs to order, coffee that tasted like water. When we asked for other coffee they did not want to bring this.
Gym is good, the sauna is also good, but we missed the rest area.

Check out was the most efficient check out ever. When we asked for the car Valet brought is, but nobody was there to help with the luggage. The valet staff and doormen were busy counting the tips they received.

Location of the hotel is in a quiet neighborhood. Rodeo drive, Santa Monica etc are very good reachable from the hotel.

Hope the hotel will upgrade the rooms to more modern, then this hotel can be one of the top hotels in the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!