“A great hotel if you're in the area!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Los Angeles Century City to your Saves list
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2151 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067 (Formerly Park Hyatt Hotel) (Westside)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #50 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
“A great hotel if you're in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited the InterContinental Century City for four nights for a wedding a few weeks ago. It is a lovely property with wonderful customer service. The entire staff was helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable, and we really enjoyed our stay.

The rooms are above-average chain hotel rooms, and the beds are incredibly comfortable. The views vary throughout the hotel; we got lucky with a 16th floor view of LA to the coast and the far-off Pacific (on clear days). The hotel also has a great pool, and the spa locker room (with sauna, steam room, and showers) is open to all guests!

Like all InterContinental hotels, rates are on the pricey side, and we were happy to have the wedding rate. LA is super spread out and there isn't much in Century City (besides Fox and a super-mall), but the hotel does provide a free car service within one and a half miles.

If you're in the area the looking for luxury, this is the place for you!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

868 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Iasi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights. It was a very pleasant experience for a first time in LA. The room was very good (only 10 like this - executive suite, in the Hotel), large but a little bit tired. Very good bed, very good bathroom, nice view, over the east: city, downtown and Hollywood also (very nice in clear sky). No breakfast included in the price, like in almost all hotels in Europe. The Restaurant is OK if you do not want dining outside for a night or two, but no more. The staff was very friendly, but the surprise was the concierge: they can not help as you wish when try to have a travel experience in LA. Overall I had a pleasant stay and YES, I recommend this Hotel for business travellers in LA, definitely !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Berkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

On first sight, I would have been quite happy to award this hotel 6/5 stars until I remembered that the standard is set by the Intercontinental Singapore. OK, 5/5 then. Sorry - not this time as I'll explain.

First, the good stuff. This hotel was heading for 5 stars no problem. The atmosphere matched ICH Singapore. Layout, staff, efficiency, room, view, treatment of Platinum Club members. All first rate.

But now the differences, ICH Singapore has several restaurants of different cuisine and it has a Club Room with a genuine happy hour. ICH LA has one restaurant and no Club Room. so that's half a star knocked off straight away.

Then the restaurant itself. The hotel was very busy - we got our room reservation by the skin of our teeth (we had been on the waiting list). So why was the restaurant so lightly patronised? I think I know why; it was the utterly crazy, inappropriate menu. It was basically a Tapas menu, except that it wasn't.

Dishes were grouped by price, starting at $6 and ending at $18. There was no indication of quantity and the waiting staff were understandably reticent to advise because of differences of perception that people have. So I chose Miso soup ($6), Dim Sum ($13) and Japanese Beef Curry ($16). Of course, I couldn't eat it all because the curry was huge. Annoying to say the least.

But that was a mere blemish compared with my wife's misfortune. On this ridiculous Tapas style menu was a $18 Flat Iron Steak. She ordered that only to be told that there was no more Flat Iron Steak - in the ICH LA; in the USA! The excellent waiter then provided the room service menu on which there was a much more expensive (and no doubt sizeable) New York Strip. Ten minutes later, an embarrassed waiter came back to say that there was no more New York Strip - in the ICH LA, in the USA! What!? So she settled for some sort of Chicken Salad from that ridiculous Tapas menu, not knowing what size it would be (huge) and whether or not she needed to order something else (she said it was an excellent dish - but huge).

You can see that there is something seriously wrong with the restaurant setup. That was enough to dock two stars from the assessment. BUT, what added a star to make it 4/5 was our waiter; a character in his own right, widely travelled and who handled us perfectly. Perfectly.

I have some serious advice for the ICH high-ups; get a grip on this restaurant of a fine hotel. You need to have a classic menu that everyone can immediately understand; none of this crazy non-Tapas Tapas nonsense. Have Tapas as on option by all means, but then it should be proper Tapas. This restaurant, steak less, was an avoidable failure.

Room Tip: East side, higher floor, has stunning views over to Hollywood and downtown.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I found the room very decent. The staff helpful. Not many guests which sometimes is a good thing. Bar and Restraurant. Staff very nice, but when a place isn't busy I am always concerned about the freashness of eveything. It was fine, A little tired is how I would describe it, Maybe more of a lack of energy than anything. Nothing great, nothing bad, not a special occasion place. But if you want a nice place to stay in that price range go with it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for a week, and overall had a pleasant stay. The room was sufficiently large with a comfortable bed and I had a great view of Los Angeles out to the ocean. I also left something in my room when I checked out and they shipped it to me as soon as I called.

However, the property does feel a bit tired and probably could use some updating. The valet staff is a bit slow, so you might have long waits for your car. As for the location, it is in Century City which is a stone's throw from Beverly Hills, etc. I stayed to be near to an office, but it may not be the best area to stay as a tourist in LA.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
West, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I started very skeptical about using a website to bid for a hotel in Los Angeles.

I wanted something classy, luxurious and out of the busy Hollywood traffic.
I was traveling with friends from Austin, we were excited we got a hotel in
Beverly Hills for very very little money.
I have to say customer service is one of the first things you notice.
From the drive-way, to the Front Desk everyone seems to be having a good time,
eventhough it was a busy weekend all over LA.
We checked in non expecting nice rooms, we just needed a place to sleep after
partying in WestHollywood. It turns out we needed lots of help!!!
I have to say Oscar, our guy to go to at the Front Desk was amazing. I wish
everyone was as helpfull and willing to please every guest like this guy. He helped us
tremendously. The concierge was so busy all the time, we went to the Front Desk
for concierge services. Oscar referred us to good restaurants thinking on our eccentric
taste, the night clubs Oscar told us about were eye-opener for all of us. I guess
Hollywood had lots more to offere than what we expected.
If you go to the Intercontinental in LA, make sure to ask for Oscar at the Front Desk.
Kuddos to Oscar and his team!!!

I am a very satisfied guest of this property. The facilities will be renovated next year, I can't wait!

Room Tip: See Oscar at the Front Desk, he'll make sure you are more than happy with your room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Classy and beautiful. The room and service were second to none. I will definitely return. From valet to the front desk I felt welcomed. It is a beautiful hotel! I loved the corner room and enjoyed the view from the balcony.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to InterContinental Los Angeles Century City? Share your experiences!