“Collecting personal information??” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Sylmar/Magic Mountain Area

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Sylmar/Magic Mountain Area to your Saves list
Travelodge Sylmar/Magic Mountain Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14955 Roxford St, Sylmar, Los Angeles, CA 91342 (Formerly Countryside Inn) (North San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #186 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
SAN JOSE
“Collecting personal information??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I booked this hotel via Wyndham web site. Since I am a Wyndham member, the Web site gets my address, tel# and what not. When I checked in, the hotel guy manually typed everything on my driver's license and then he swiped my drivers license on a card reader. Why did he have to do that??? In the age of ID theft, I was very concerned and asked the guy. He said "it is our plicy". Now I worry that what would happen to my personal information. The initial room assigned to us smelled bad - the previous guest must have smoked inside the room. I reported the smell to the front desk and they gave us a new room - this was the only good thing about this hotel. The new Room was clean but no ammenities besides soap and shampoo. Not even a hair dryer. "Hot" water was luke warm. Upon check out, I asked for a receipt and the guy at the front desk gave me a copy of "Reservation Confirmation". I tokd the guy that it wasn't a "receipt". He said "Yes, it is". This is a hotel I will never stay again and I am now doubtful about all Travel Lodge group. Hope they are not selling my personal information to someone else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were there on the last weekend of 2012. The hotel seemed just be renovated with the signs shown at the main entrance saying "the newest travelodge". As some of the review said, there are space left open in the room for microwave and refrig, but the owner had no intention to actually spend $ on those things.

For the price (about $90) and reviews we read beforehand, we had a very low expectation for this place, but it turned out the bar should be set even lower -

The room on the 3rd floor with even numbers are not facing the hwy, so it is relatively quiet, but the toilet was blocked. We asked the front desk to fix. 15 minutes later, there was a technician kind of guy came up with a steel snake to unblock the toilet. We saw him wrapping the snake with a hotel tower afterward, so the whole family decided not to use their tower any more. At that time, the toilet did flush, but once he left, it blocked again. We did not bother to call since it was late in the night.

2nd morning, the continental breakfast was as expected with minimum items available. We went down 8:45 AM, pretty much all food items bread, milk, etc. were gone. I had to remind the staff to refill the trays. He seemed over-worked since yesterday evening, but tried to fill some of the trays. A few minutes later, most stuff were gone again...

it seemed to me the owner decided to keep the hotel under minimum service and cost, or the people running this hotel just does not care about what customer thinks of this place. Sometimes, it is not the hotel's condition but the people working there really made a difference. I had lived many hotels in older buildings, but the staff could make it a warm place to stay, pay attention to the details and be very helpful. This place certainly is not in good hands.

Room Tip: Ask for even number room so it is not facing the higway
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HALF MOON BAY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The person at check-in had clearly not had any training on how to be courteous to his guests, or else he was just having a bad day. Upon getting his business card, I saw that he was the general manager!! Wow! He talked with an unpleasant tone of voice and continually acted like we were bothering him. He took a long time to process the check-in, and upon a few questions, responded as if he hadn't heard the question. Just didn't seem to care, Period.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Sylmar/Magic Mountain Area? Share your experiences!