“Good value hotel for a big family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios

You added Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios to your Saves list
Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6147 Lankershim Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 91606 (South San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #152 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Quezon City, Philippines
“Good value hotel for a big family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We visited Los Angeles mainly for the Universal Studios. We searched at other hotels near Universal but couldn't find one that would cater to a big family for a lesser value. So, we stayed at this hotel, for 3 nights. Our family occupied 3 rooms, one is adjoining the other and another separate room. Four of us stayed in the adjoining room, and it was spacious. The room had a fridge and a coffeemaker, which are a treat nowadays when we compare it to standard rooms in other hotels. The staff were courteous. We requested for additional bathroom items and they gave it to us, at no extra charge. Breakfast was included in the package, and it was convenient. Continental buffet breakfast, though not overflowing, was enough to fill our tummies before we went out to explore LA. Our big family really enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ciuniversal, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank yopu for taking our online survey. We appriciate your feedback. I am glad you and you family enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us. We hope to see you here again soon. We will continue to provide you with an exceptional stay.

Comfort inn & suites
North Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bardstown, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

On our 6 day tour of California we found our night in the Hollywood / LA area the most difficult. There are so many areas of town and it takes a personal knowledge of the area to keep from getting a dumpy place in a gritty part of town.

My cousin lives in Burbank and recommended that I get a hotel in the Burbank area. I did not find many options in Burbank, but this hotel was just a few miles away. I told him the address and that it was identified as "near Universal Studios". He assured me that Lankershim BLVD was a nice area. He went on to say, "If you head the other way on Lankershim too far you will be in North Hollywood which is not a very nice area of town.

Long story short this hotel is in the part of town he was referencing. Not really very close to Universal Studios. The area of town was not exceptionally bad where we felt unsafe, but it was not nice either. The view from the hotel room was an old local automobile service garage. We went from a picturesque view of the mountains in San Diego to a dumpy view of oil changes and brake repairs. My 5 year old said, "UGHH this view is horrible! Why would they even build a hotel here with such a terrible view?" I can't say that I disagree either. This hotel cost $110.88 per night which was more than double the price of some of the hotels we stayed at and the area was half as nice.

When we arrived we really were concerned about the parking situation. There was a 1 floor garage under the hotel. They had probably 15 regular parking spots and another 10 spots that they used to double park cars, making 20 spots. Luckily we never got blocked in, but when we left in the morning, the entire left side of the garage was double parked. This would require going to the owner of the hotel and having them move the car that is blocking you in.

The hotel room itself looked very nice although it smelled a bit musty upon arrival. The beds were comfortable and all around the place seemed clean. I believe that the room had been recently updated, although the view from the room was terrible.

In the morning breakfast was offered downstairs. The area was very nice and the selection of breakfast items were good. They had cheese omelets and sausage, make your own waffles (blueberry or original) and offered the other normal breakfast foods you expect at a hotel.

If I needed a place to stay for multiple days I would have probably looked elsewhere. This place was not the worst hotel we have ever seen, but it still lacked a lot to be desired. The good news and bad news is that the things that are bad are out of their control. The parking lot will always be too small and there is nothing that can be done about the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you taking our online survey. On behalf of the entire staff, I apologize for the inconvience you were caused during your stay here. There is not much we can do about the view. However, the management will be notified about all your complaints and will address them as best as they can. Your satisfaction is very important to us. We hope you will consider staying with us again so we can provide with a better stay. Once again I apologize for the inconvience.

Comfort inn & Suites
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I wasnt sure about this place after reading some of the previous reviews and because i wasnt familar with the location. This will be our goto place for our Universal Studios trips, it is literaly a 10 min drive right down the street from there. We arrived late, 11pm, check in was a breeze very friendly staff. the elevator being outside the lobby was different but who cares, it works and is in a very well lit area. the room was a very nice size, we had a 2 queen bed room, big bathroom and both very clean. comfy beds. breakfast was eggs, sausage, cereals, juice, coffee, bagels and of course waffles. There is a grocery store across the street, CVS on the corner and several fast food places just a short drive away, you could walk to a taco bell from there. The parking is different, if you park behind another car you have to leave your keys at the front desk so that if the person in front of you needs to leave they will move your car. our first night we were the front car when we were ready to leave we just let the front desk know and they moved the car to let us out, it was done very quickly. The only negative i have is that on the second day when we came back from shopping our room key did not work, had to go to the front desk to have it re-keyed. other than that it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to take our online survey. Your feedback is important to us. I am glad you enjoyed youe stay with us. I apologize for the key not working, we will work on that right away. We hope to see here again soon. Once again thank for your positive feeback.

Comfort Inn & suites
North Hollywood.
La Quinta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was in town on business for 3 weeks - the first 2 I was staying at a terrible hotel in Glendale (see other reviews I've written), and switched to this one for my last week. I truly wish I would have booked here from the get-go.

Clean and spacious rooms. I made good use of the mini fridge and microwave during my stay - thank you - helped me eat healthier! The Wi-Fi was rockin'. Excellent, consistent connection, which is very important to business travelers especially. The free breakfast was very good too - I only wish they started serving it at 630 instead of 7AM.

Parking can be tough here, but they make the best of it with what little space they have. If they are full, be prepared to give the front desk your keys as they have to stack park when they are sold out.

After reading prior reviews, I was worried about noise. I didn't really hear much of my neighbors, only when they walked by down the hallway being obnoxious. One morning I was awakened at 3AM by someone upstairs stomping around continuously for about a half an hour. I'm assuming they had an early flight?? Other than that, it was great.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for budget conscious travelers. You also have restaurants, fast food, a dollar store for those supplies you've forgotten, and a cheap super market just across the street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking our online survey. Your feedback is important to us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the noise and the later breakfast. Management will be imformed about it and they will deal with it the best way possible. Thank you once again for your positive review. We hope to see again soon.

Toronto, ON Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have a very spacious room with enough room for 2 comfy beds and a sofa bed. The wifi works fine even with 4 connections from this room alone. The breakfast was quite good, with good varieties and enough tables - up the the Comfort Inn standard. However, there are quite a few areas fall below what we expect from a Comfort Inn. As most readers have pointed out the lack of enough parking area that cars will be forced to double parked or parked in undesignated spots. It is quite awkward that the hotel lobby is not connected to the elevator area - which is accessible through another outside door. The elevator does not have any ventilation and is very hot; so is the inside corridor which has an ice maker that pumps hot air back to the corridor. The hotel building is showing its age, and a major upgrade is certainly warrented. The air conditioner takes the whole day to cool down the room; the microwave oven and the mini-fridge seem to work fine - however the fridge also makes some annoying noise. Even though all these are quite minor problems, one would normally expect more if he/she is to pay the price of a Comfort Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank for taking our online survey, we appriciate your feedback. On behalf of the entire staff I apologize for the inconvience you were caused. All your complaints have been taken into account and with be dealt with them immediately. We hope you will consider staying with us againg and give us a chance to provide you with a better stay. Once again I apologize for the inconvience.

Allen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Hotel is very close to Universal Studios, about a 10 min drive (no highway). My family and I just found too many negatives during our stay. We ended up getting the large suite room for 3 nights. At first we were lied to about our rooms being ready. We called after 3pm and were told that our room was specifically ready. We get there at 3:20 and low and behold, room isn't ready and wouldn't be for an hour. Needless to say, we didn't get to our room till close to 5pm. I am not sure what they did, but the room just seemed dirty (we couldn't get another room, given the other suite was taken). The free breakfast was really bad, I found a dead fly in the bread container and the lady cleaned it up as if nothing had happened, she didn't even remove the bread that the fly was touching. The food tasted processed, the eggs especially were just awful. Parking was horrible and the overall attendants just didn't seem to care... for the price we paid, I was expecting a better overall experience...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
On behalf of the entire staff here, I apologize for all the inconvince you were caused. We will notify the staff about this and make sure everything is done in a more professional manner. Once again I aplogize for all the inconvience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet, and a location convenient to the 101/134 freeway, Universal, LA Zoo, and Hollywood. A nice extra touch was 2 bottled waters and snacks provided in the room (if you are a Choice Priviledges member), which I have not seen at other choice hotels; it brightened my very, very long travel day.

There is a large grocery store (latino) directly across the street which sells food and alcohol, which I visited as my room had a fridge. Neighborhood was fine for driving (I am a caucasian female alone), and possibly even walking. There is a large metro station about 1/2 mile walk away, but I didn't actually walk it. However, I never felt unsafe here.

The parking garage is constantly manned, and yes, they sometimes need to double-park cars in lanes. However, it is all very organized with moving them if needed. The breakfast was similar to other choice breakfasts (wide selection of hot and cold foods), but the area was maintained/restocked better than average at this location. The parking and breakfast are FREE, which has been hard to find in the LA in safe locations.

The pool is outdoor with very high walls close to the sides of the pool, so it is good for swimming but not sunning. The families using it were having a nice time.

I would definitely come here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. We very much appriciate your positve feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon. We will continue to provide you with an exceptional stay.

North Hollywood

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios? Share your experiences!