“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios to your Saves list
Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6147 Lankershim Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 91606 (South San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #136 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Honolulu
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

Before i booked this hotel, i read alot of reviews, some good some bad, i dont understand the bad ones, for the price and location this was a great stay, clean and nice room, safe, ok breakfast, free parking and a nice safe walk to hollywood blvd, after we checked in we walked to are room i saw a nice couple at the pool having a beer and enjoying the evening, alot of normal people there.

• Liked — Good
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

The hotel is located in a rather unsavory part of North Hollywood but the hotel itself is great. Rooms are big and comfy, good TV selection. Internet is excellent. I had no problems with noise but always was a bit concerned with the neighborhood.

The staff was for the most part helpful and provided good service. I was able to negotiate a long term price since I was on temporary assignment in Burbank.

Parking is interesting but I had no major problems.

Cleanliness was obviously important and they always provided me with a little goody basket when I checked in.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
kenmore, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

As we were driving to this hotel at night, we were concerned about the area, as it doesn't seem like the best part of town. We were pleasantly surpised upon arrival, as the place is practically brand new. Our room was very spacious, with two queen beds, desk area, etc;. Staff is very good and helpful, and there is free internet access with a printer in the lobby area. Free parking too. Very good breakfast included from 7-10am in a large room. Great fresh fruit and bagels, rolls, pastries, etc; Our room was really great with very comfortable beds, good shower, and in brand new condition with nice furnishings and decorations. You will like this place!

• Liked — Great room and facilities
  • Disliked — A bit far from Universal Studios at about 3.5 miles. Area is not the greatest, but no problems.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2007

I recently booked a room at the Comfort inn & suites in North Hollywood, when we visited the Ellen DeGeneres show, and I have to say, it was a very nice, comfortable stay. I felt a little weary when we drove up late, cause the neighborhood didn't look very safe, but since I was traveling with 3 other people, I felt a lot safer. Even though we didn't check in until almost midnight, we were able to find parking in the covered garage. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very nice and clean. The beds were comfortable and taking a shower was a bit of a surprise because either the pressure is too low or too high and the water is too hot or too cold, but the shower was actually very pleasant. They have a free continental breakfast every morning, I didn't make it down on time so I can't comment on that. But all in all, I was very much satisfied with my stay. I do think, however, that it is a little over priced.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — The location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2007

A friend of mine booked this place for a few of us to stay while we were visiting some friends and on our way to Universal Studios. I must admit I was a little afraid to see what this place would be like, especially as we were driving down Lankershim and noticed it probably wasn't the best of neighborhoods. We had 2 suites booked (apparently there are only 4 in the whole place?) and when we walked in, everything seemed pretty new. Dark wood furniture, fairly modern decor and the white shutters were a nice touch. The suite was very spacious: 2 queen sized beds, a sofa bed that was separated by a tiny half wall (no distinct separation here), a desk, and a small table. We had 4 adults in the room with ample space. Housekeeping did a great job of maintaining the cleanliness. Free Wi-Fi was great. The place is about a 15 minute drive from Universal Studios and the breakfast room is bright and cheery in the morning with the sun coming through the tall windows. Breakfast is continental, includes fruit, waffles, baked goods, coffee/milk/juice...a good amount for what is needed. Garage is definitely too small for the amount of guests there when we visited. But there is parking along the street as well which makes it bearable. All in all, an enjoyable stay but considering the location and that it is almost a glamorized motel, I agree...shouldn't be more than $99/night..

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

This hotel was just 'ok' in my opinion. The rooms were accomodating, the service was nice and I was able to find parking each night. I wasn't too impressed with the surrounding area. As a matter of fact as soon as we entered the hotel parking area a prostitute walked immediately in front of us which set off some major concerns, however in fairness I have to say we didn't encounter any. This hotel was a convenient spot to the Burbank airport as well as the major attractions we frequented (ie....Universal Studios, Hollywood Walk of Fame, and WB Studios). I mean, getting to these attractions was just too easy & convenient. On the flip side their weren't any decent restaurants nearby which was my biggest complaint & the hotel staff couldn't recommend any either. I wouldn't have a problem staying here again, but probably wouldn't just because of the area and lack of quality restaurants, but for a clean room & overall decent hotel experience I was fine with it. Lastly, I thought the hotel was a bit overpriced, but since its in Hollywood I guess the chain feels its justified.

• Liked — Clean room & hotel staff
  • Disliked — Surrounding area & lack of quality restaurants
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2007

We stayed at this hotel in mid April 2007. I initially booked for one night only since I could not find enough reviews to feel confident about booking the additional nights for our Los Angeles stay. The hotel is a few miles past Universal Studios theme park on Lankershim Blvd. The Blvd goes from ritzy studios/office buildings to modern lofts and retail (Starbuck's, etc.) to low/middle class housing/shopping, where you will find the hotel situated. We felt pretty safe, and upon seeing the room, which was cleaner than what I expected, we spoke to the staff about availability for 2 add'l nights. To my dismay, the staff was rather non-chalant about checking availability, and I was told to just call the front desk the following morning. We got the additional nights, however, they did not offer us the AAA rate ($89) that we were offered at the initial booking. The bathroom was very clean, as was the room in general. I was not impressed by the bedding. The sheets had moderate soils that were not removed in the wash and I found hair in the bed. I generally travel with my own linen when travelling with my toddler, so we made the beds with our own linen, which the maid was kind enough to use when re-making the beds during our stay. Parking was somewhat of a problem. The hotel is newly renovated, and in an effort to have more parking in the one-level garage, there is double parking---one car behind another. Problem is, if the first car in does not pull forward, the next guest is out of luck! Every evening, we had to go in to the front desk to complain. Because they don't follow their own policy of having guests leave car keys at the front desk, we had to invent a space. We watched some non-handicapped guests parking in the handicap reserved spaces!! If you like to swim, don't bank on enjoying this hotel's pool--it's very small and situated, interestingly enough, in the parking deck!! There is a complimentary breakfast each morning; we did not partake, so I cannot comment on that. The hotel is clean enough (and safe enough) for me to consider another stay when in L.A.; however, I think I will try to get the hotel at a rate less than $99 night by contacting a discount hotel booking site instead of contacting the hotel directly.

• Liked — Close the studios where we had business meetings scheduled; close to freeway; clean
  • Disliked — parking; price of room in general should have been a little less
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios? Share your experiences!