“Excellent - would stay again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios

You added Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios to your Saves list
Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6147 Lankershim Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 91606 (South San Fernando Valley)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #153 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
Fort Wayne, IN
“Excellent - would stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet, and a location convenient to the 101/134 freeway, Universal, LA Zoo, and Hollywood. A nice extra touch was 2 bottled waters and snacks provided in the room (if you are a Choice Priviledges member), which I have not seen at other choice hotels; it brightened my very, very long travel day.

There is a large grocery store (latino) directly across the street which sells food and alcohol, which I visited as my room had a fridge. Neighborhood was fine for driving (I am a caucasian female alone), and possibly even walking. There is a large metro station about 1/2 mile walk away, but I didn't actually walk it. However, I never felt unsafe here.

The parking garage is constantly manned, and yes, they sometimes need to double-park cars in lanes. However, it is all very organized with moving them if needed. The breakfast was similar to other choice breakfasts (wide selection of hot and cold foods), but the area was maintained/restocked better than average at this location. The parking and breakfast are FREE, which has been hard to find in the LA in safe locations.

The pool is outdoor with very high walls close to the sides of the pool, so it is good for swimming but not sunning. The families using it were having a nice time.

I would definitely come here again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ciuniversal, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. We very much appriciate your positve feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon. We will continue to provide you with an exceptional stay.

North Hollywood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The man who check us in was so organized and had everything ready when we arrived. Fastest check in on our 14 day trip. Rooms were very clean and breakfast was good. Location was great because it was close to universal but the neighborhood was a bit run down would be the only negative. If you are going to Universal Studios I highly recommend the front of the line passes. We walked onto every ride. Well worth the price!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey, We very much appriciate your positive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us. We hope to see again soon. We will continue to provide you with an exceptional stay.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel twice this past month because it was closed to the work location. Parking was a mess...never enough for the hotel guest. To make the matter worst, the attendent has poor manner (like yelling at the hotel guest). It was like going to a third world country.
And it is not cheap compare to other hotel.
Also During checked it, I presented my Choice Privilege card so I would get rewards point. When I checked out, my reward number was never enter for me. I had to check both time I stayed here and both time it was blank.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey. On behalf of the entire staff I apologize for all the inconvience you were caused. The staff will be notified about the yelling, we assure you it will not happen again. Once again I apologize for all the innconvience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Comfort Inn & Suits
Earth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here recently to go a taping of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Surprisingly a well kept property. The neighborhood is somewhat seedy. The pool was rather small, we didn't use it though due to easy access to the property from outside. Housekeeping was very helpful and the suite was very clean throughout.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for taking our online survey. We very much appriciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your satisfaction is important to us. We hope to see you here again soon. Once again Thank you for your positive feedback.

Santa Clara
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our family of six needed two rooms and I found this hotel to be affordable. One room had a king bed and sofa sleeper with a refrigerator, microwave, table and chairs. The other room was just two queen beds. I wish it had a refrigerator in it. Both rooms were clean. The breakfast was great and included make your own waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon, cereal, bagels, yogart, milk, juice, fruit. I didn't think the staff was very friendly, but they were competent. They only allow one car per room because parking is limited. We got there late and had to park behind someone else and leave our keys in the office. Not ideal, but it wasn't really a problem. The location is great for Universal Studios. I didn't hear any noise from other guests or outside. My only complaint was that there was no laundry facilities on site. There is a laundry close by, but the area isn't the greatest so my husband wouldn't let me go alone. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lake Tahoe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I noticed that no one had reviewed this property lately and I just wanted to reaffirm that the hotel remains as prior comments have stated, clean spacious and friendly. Though the neighborhood is still a bit gritty, there are now several upgraded properties nearby due to the relatively new metro station (subway) located one mile away. Parking in the garage is dicey with some cars parked front to rear but the staff is quite helpful in sorting out who gets to park where.
Though the nearest upscale restaurant, Ca' del Sole (Italian), is 3 miles up Lankershim toward Universal, for lighter fare, there is an IN and OUT Burger restaurant just one half mile from the hotel, and for a lot of Trip Advisor members, that fact alone adds at least one star to this hotel's rating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is fine, is about 3 miles from universal studios and is on a budget, and included breakfast, is clean and comfortable, I stayed there for 2 nights with my kids. We had the first night a cricket outside the window, but from that, are stay was ok, the parking lot is small, if you return or arrive late you will have to park behind another car, and leave your keys oh the reception desk, that was no problem with us.

Room Tip: There is a Denny's near so you can have lunch or dinner
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites near Universal Studios? Share your experiences!