“Spacious and beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 328 Hotels in Los Angeles
Moscow
“Spacious and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Actually, it was a one-bedroom apartment with private terrace, kitchen and a kind of guest room with small sofa. Stylish and comfortable, very American. We spent there just one night, but it looks to be ideal for long-stay vacation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a little jewel of a place. Stayed in the Enchanted Cottage for 1 night while in LA to see a play. Very well equipped, comfortable and inviting. With a kitchen, fridge, microwave, etc., it would be ideal for a longer stay. This unit could actually accommodate a 2nd couple using the couch. Parking spot a bit tight, and this is not your conventional hotel or B&B, but definitely worth a visit. A good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

so my first trip to LA was a very LA experience I guess, had made a booking at an 'luxury home' in the Hollywood Hills to find out that we had been duped by a misleading advert on airbnb. After that traumatic experience I remembered some friends saying that they had recently stayed at Villa Delle Stelle, so that was my first call to find somewhere new to stay. Susan answered the phone and was complete lifesaver, I explained the experience that I had just been through with the previous booking and she swept into action on making something available for us straight away (even though it was after hours). Upon arrival Susan greeted us out the front (we had 2x cars and there is only a space for one, yet she made another one available for us!) and we were welcomed into the Villa. Upon opening the door we were overwhelmed with the presentation, style and attention to detail before us. It was everything we were expecting from our previous 'luxury home' and more. I wish I had listened to my friends recommendation in the first place, Susan was the most gracious host and the apartment was beautifully appointed. (I am a stage lighting designer and the apartment was beautifully lit!). I would wholeheartedly recommend this accommodation over a hotel anyday! If you want to be close to the action in hollywood, this place is perfect! thank you Villa Delle Stelle!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Wow! What a beautiful villa! I was gobsmacked by the beauty and elegance of this place. The managers clearly have excellent taste in decor and beyond that were so helpful to us during our stay.

I would recommend this place to anyone going to LA that wants to be close to action yet have their own bit of paradise.

• Stayed June 2012
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in The Cottage, just around the corner from the original Villa Delle Stelle. It was cute and well-furnished with everything you'd need for a multi-day stay. The bedding was plush and the robes were fabulous. The staff was nice and even held our bags the day we checked out so we could go exploring some more. The food truck was next door to us, but we didn't notice any annoying noise (and we can be cranky about noise). Perhaps the noise is a sometimes problem?

The Cottage is not quite as cute as the other suites, but for the price it's an absolute steal. You have so much space and as I mentioned, it is very well-furnished. It was a fabulous find and we had a wonderful stay. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an off-the-beaten-path experience.

Riverside, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay in the Hollywood area for our anniversary. It took us a while to as that I was not happy with the choices in the area, (either low ratings or very plush & expensive). After alot of different ways to search for a good place, we came accross this "gem".
We really enjoyed staying here, although it was for only one night, this is a place that we could see staying for a few more days or even longer. We occupied the enchanted cottage and it was like we were staying in our own little house. Kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, livingroom....

The process was very low key. After booking, I recieved and email confirmation of the booking along with all of the instructions of getting there and what to do. There is not reception desk, so you need to make sure you read the email. The properties are in a residential neighborhood, ensure that you find the correct address so that you do not pull into the wrong driveway. We drive a reg. cab dodge pick up and it was able to fit in the driveway and parking space. Its kind of tight, so be careful and take it slow... I do not reccomend a vehicle larger than this, (at least for this particular bungalow).
The kitchen has a microwave, coffee maker, refridgerator, stove/ oven, and all the pots, pans, plates ect. We did not plan ahead to cook in our "home", but will definatley do so next time we stay.
The property is a couple of blocks from Hollywood & Vine. We walked up the street in the afternoon and visited the museum of death (very interesting place) and ate at Sushi Ike. After that we walked back and got ready for the theatre. We walked back up to the Pantages Theatre, saw the show and walked back. Did not feel that there was a safety concern. Street lights were good and there was alot of foot traffic out for being about 11:00pm.
There is alot more to do in the area as that Hollywood & highland is about a block past the theatre. In the morning , I walked over to starbucks and Roscoe's chicken & waffles (right on the corner) for some coffee and breakfast and brought it back.
I know this review is long winded, but I wanted to share that this property is in a great location. The quite neighborhood, self reliance aspect, easy acess to attractions and a house rather than just a room was what made this such a great place to stay.
I have nothing negative to say about it. Just remember, there is no maid service, bellboy, ect.
Had a great experiance and will be back again!

Room Tip: Had to rate the pool and fitness...those are not available options. The bed was very comfy and the...
gold coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Nice quaint place, but be very wary if you need rest and sleep to cope with your big days in LA.
Neighbour (10 ft away) has fast food truck which is loud, brightly lit and gets cleaned out at 10pm, by very loud owners, then goes and comes at odd hours through the night. Saturday night sounds as though there's a live nightclub in your backyard also.
La petite suite is possibly the only one subject to this?
Suite itself was comfortable and clean,towels supplied need to be changed to ones that actually dry your skin though.
Sorry to say, would not stay here again or recommend to others unless you were into noise and nightclubs, and could sleep through a tornado.

Room Tip: Don't get la petite suite
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Delle Stelle? Share your experiences!