“Beautiful room and great location for LAX” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

You added Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard to your Saves list
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6161 W Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #37 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful room and great location for LAX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My room at this hotel was absolutely beautiful! I ended up with one of the corner front rooms with glass block in the massive walk in shower. I booked a standard room so I must have been upgraded, although they did not mention this at check in. I asked for hypoallergenic bedding and was surprised to find an air cleaner machine in my room. I have never seen that in a hotel room before and the air smelled very clean. I wanted to take the room along with me! The location was perfect for my connection the next day for my international trip. Very clean and update. I believe they had undergone a recent renovation. Free shuttle to LAX which is only one block away. The shuttle is shared with the Marriott hotel down the street. The Courtyard is near the LAX lighted sign - good photo op. I ordered a take out sandwich from the Bistro to eat in the room and it was delicious. I would have booked this same hotel for an overnight on my return from my international trip but the price was significantly higher for some reason so I booked elsewhere. I did use the Ocean Express Trolley to get to Manhattan Beach before my flight. Be careful of your time, however, since they only stop every hour and the ride back was late. You wouldn't want to miss your flight. I think the cost was only $5 and it was a nice way to spend a few hours. I would highly recommend this hotel due to it's location, shuttle and cleanliness. Happy Travels!

Room Tip: Ask if a corner front room is available along with an air cleaner.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during a recent business trip. I was pleasantly surprised by how clean and modern the hotel was. Guest rooms were spacious and quiet. To those of you traveling as a group....the sinks are outside the bath area in the main living area. Not great if privacy is your thing. The made to order breakfast was very good and not outrageously priced. Starbucks coffee is great. Valet was prompt and professional. I'm giving this hotel a 4 star rating instead of 5 because the business center is missing a color printer. Great computers, weak black and white printer.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Not much to say really. Nice place. Just outside of LAX so you could walk actually. There is a Subways just next door, but not much else. The shuttle comes fairly frequently to LAX. It goes to Marriot first, then courtyard. The two are around 5 minutes apart.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here on our last night of our trip before flying out the next evening. The hotel is great. the rooms are very clean and modern. We had some time to spare before our flight, so were chose to catch an a bus to visit Manhattan Beach. Breakfast is not included in this hotel. You can purchase foods in the lobby though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard on Century Boulevard in between an evening flight from the East Coast and a morning flight to Hawaii. Because it was a layover stay, my expectations weren't high; I just wanted a clean, comfortable place to sleep.

The hotel shuttle was extremely easy to find from the terminal, and the hotel is close to the airport. Maybe a five minute drive, which came in handy in the morning. And the shuttle bus was just that, a bus, not just a small van, so it could accommodate lots of people during the morning rush back to the airport.

Check-in was easy, and we were given a king size bed. Service at the reception was pleasant, though they seemed to be slightly frazzled and short-staffed. For a busy Friday evening, I would have thought they'd have the hotel lobby better staffed.

The lobby featured a mini-mart (which I think you could purchase from 24-7) and a snack bar/restaurant/bar. We ate at the snack bar, and the food was both overpriced and mediocre. But when you're hungry from traveling, food is food. And despite the lackluster food, the staff at the snack bar were great. Really friendly and honest about the dishes.

The room itself was incredibly clean and spacious, and definitely fit the bill for what we were looking for that evening.

The only drawback? The sink was outside of the toilet/shower area in the main part of the room. This isn't really the hotel's fault, just a personal preference of mine, but hate not having that privacy for washing up. Not a big deal, but maybe something to think about if you're sharing a room with others. The bathroom itself was clean, and the shower had good water pressure.

Most importantly -- free wifi! And it was good wifi to boot! Two thumbs up for this.

Overall, it was a good stay, though unremarkable. If we ever have a similar overnight between flights out of LAX, I'd definitely stay here again. The price was right and it was exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I chose this hotel for our 8 hour layover from Kauai back to OKC at LAX. The shuttle service was a piece of cake even though we didn't know what we were doing. There is a red sign in the shuttle area (above the loading area...look up). A blue shuttle bus runs continuously between the Marriott and Courtyard and LAX. We were pointed towards the red sign loading area and just then the shuttle pulled up. While I wish we had been dropped off first because the Courtyard is closer on the map, it really wasn't too long to get to the hotel.

The hotel renovation is nice! The staff was friendly (which I didn't expect in Los Angeles). The grill in the lobby closes at 11, but we had plenty of time to go to our room, call down an order and then go back to pick it up (they don't deliver).

The beds are great, the room was clean. My only improvement would be better access to coffee early in the morning (before 6:00).

If I have to stay over near the airport again, I WILL choose this hotel.

Room Tip: If you arrive hungry like we did, be sure to order your dinner from the grill before they close at 1...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I've stayed here several times and am always pleased. The rooms are very large, clean and quiet. The beds are comfortable and the wi-fi connection worked perfectly. Parking is $20/night and valet only, but the service is prompt. The location is convenient to the freeways and car rental returns. I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard? Share your experiences!