“OK Stay at LAX” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard to your Saves list
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6161 W Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #40 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Western Mass
“OK Stay at LAX”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Convenient. Room was clean and in good shape. If you are driving here, understand that you MUST use valet parking for $18/night (no choice, even though I parked my rental car by myself in a parking space that wasn't marked "valet parking only"). No restaurant. No frills. Next time I'll try the Sheraton a few doors down. The Sheraton has a nice Italian restaurant (Paparazzi - we enjoyed supper there) Starbucks, shops, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to leaving on an early flight.

Positives:
- Great shower pressure and temp
- Good mattress
- Quiet room
- Working AC

Negatives:
- Bathroom had no vanity and no counter space, and a super-low shower head (more on that below)
- Lumpy, uncomfortable pillows
- Novice staff (or so it seemed)
- Teeny towels

When we first arrived, we were given a room directly in front of the very noisy elevator. Um, please tell me that when I check in?!? We asked for a room further from the elevator and ended up with one at the end of the hallway. Great! Except it was an accessible room, which the check-in staff member didn't tell us would have an uncomfortably low shower head and only a pedestal sink. These are things that should be mentioned! Yes, we were only staying for a night, but we might come back through LAX at some point, and I'd be hard-pressed to choose this Marriott again.

And come on hotel chains (especially Marriott properties)—you can do better with the pillows!!!

Room Tip: Make sure it's not near the constantly dinging elevator, unless you can tolerate the noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After a lot of research on Trip Advisor of the various hotels close to LAX, we chose the Courtyard by Marriott LAX on West Century Boulevard for a three night stay.

We arrived at LAX and two hours after touching down, we were finally able to leave the airport! The hotel shuttle pick up point was easy to find and we waited only about ten minutes for one to arrive. This was at about 3.30 pm. The driver helped us load our five bags and we then proceeded to the Marriott which is one block away from the Courtyard by Marriott.

The reception staff were friendly and helpful and check in was accomplished swiftly.

Our 7th floor room was, like the rest of the hotel, recently refurbished and in good condition. The room itself was large and comprised a king sized bed, wardrobe, 3 drawers writing desk, fridge (not stocked), a 3 seater settee, TV, safe, ironing board with a hand basin in the bedroom area. Completing the set up was a hairdryer which was virtually useless due to the extremely short power lead.

The bathroom comprised a large bath and toilet, with an overbath fixed shower head, which was the only item which had not been replaced, was difficult to operate, and dripped when turned off. LIghting in the room was very good and the bed was comfortable, with a good pillow selection.

There was a coffe maker with free filter coffee and an ice bucket which could be replenished from a room adjacent to the lift area. The towels were of good quality, face cloths were also provided, as were soap tablets, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, but no shower gel!

On the same level as reception, located on the ground floor entrance level, were four free internet terminals plus printer. Additionally there were three separate terminals to facilitate airport check in, again with printers. We felt that this was a very good idea, and freed up the other terminals for general computer work.

Also on the ground floor, was a "Bistro" which offered food from 6.00 am. The selection was limited and the price was typical of this standard of hotel.

Our choice of this hotel was mainly determined by the reports of the reliability of its airport shuttle, contrary to stories regarding other hotel shuttles; and the facility to walk to Terminal 1. The shuttle runs nominally every 15 minutes, but this interval can vary depending on traffic and patronage. It effectively starts at the Marriott, picks up at the Courtyard and goes to all the airport terminals starting at 1, before returning to the Marriott. During our stay we made a return trip to San Francisco from Terminal 1, and also a trip by train to San Diego, which involved catching the Fly Away bus from Terminal 1 to Union Station. Without luggage we did these transfers between hotel and Terminal 1 on foot at all times of day and night. At a brisk walking pace, we were able to leave our hotel room and arrive at Terminal 1 in 13 minutes. The route is reasonably well lit and busy, so this proximity to the airport is a big plus for the Courtyard.

Would we come again? If we return to LA, yes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This would have been a great stay since the rooms are up to date and the hotel is close to the airport. Just when I thought that I was gettting my money's worth, I was wrong. When I was ready to go to bed, pulled the comforter and saw long hair and crumbles of potato chips on the bed. I tried to remove it but it was a lot. Then I noticed a bad smell on the linens and pillow case. I decided to call the front desk to have the linens change but they told me that there were no housekeeping at night and that I had to change the linens myself, can you believe that? This is Marriott?! So I had to do it myself which is the first time I have to do after staying in different hotels. My suggestion is to go and stay at other hotels, for the price you can get better and cleaner rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardLAX, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Your comments and feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your experience as well. We are also glad to hear you like our new updated look and multi-million dollar renovation to the entire property. At the Courtyard LAX we understand how critical it is to provide a clean and comfortable room that allows you to relax. Please contact me so I may follow up with you as this in not typical for our hotel. We pride ourselves on fresh linen, each and every stay. Our training and expectation is that we resolve any guest issues promptly and to your satisfaction prior to check-out.

Please accept my apologies and we hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to exceed your expectations. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Because of a snafu with our hotel reservations, we had to scramble to find a place near LAX. Took a chance on this place and was very pleasantly surprised. Luxurious, no, but if you need to be near LAX, it's great. Clean, good service, great little cafe...and Starbuck's coffee too! I would choose this over the LAX Hilton!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
milano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hotel is fine...check in is very quick and effiecient..room is very large and bathroom is fine..all is very clean.
The restaurant is a little pricey for what it is...
only problem was shuttle service --we waited a good 25 minutes which is not ideal after 12 hours on a plane...
would suggest

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my idea of the perfect business hotel. The staff is so helpful, good location, free wireless, decent food, comfortable room. This will be my go-to place in LA. I was most impressed that they offered to pick me up at the car rental nearby--saved me a ton of time and bother. The food in the Bistro is unexpectedly good. Room was spacious. Every service was speedy and helpful. The management of this property should be proud--it advances the brand.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard? Share your experiences!