“Bed Linens dirty” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard

You added Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard to your Saves list
Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6161 W Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (LAX Area)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Bed Linens dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This would have been a great stay since the rooms are up to date and the hotel is close to the airport. Just when I thought that I was gettting my money's worth, I was wrong. When I was ready to go to bed, pulled the comforter and saw long hair and crumbles of potato chips on the bed. I tried to remove it but it was a lot. Then I noticed a bad smell on the linens and pillow case. I decided to call the front desk to have the linens change but they told me that there were no housekeeping at night and that I had to change the linens myself, can you believe that? This is Marriott?! So I had to do it myself which is the first time I have to do after staying in different hotels. My suggestion is to go and stay at other hotels, for the price you can get better and cleaner rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardLAX, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Your comments and feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you sharing your experience as well. We are also glad to hear you like our new updated look and multi-million dollar renovation to the entire property. At the Courtyard LAX we understand how critical it is to provide a clean and comfortable room that allows you to relax. Please contact me so I may follow up with you as this in not typical for our hotel. We pride ourselves on fresh linen, each and every stay. Our training and expectation is that we resolve any guest issues promptly and to your satisfaction prior to check-out.

Please accept my apologies and we hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to exceed your expectations. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Because of a snafu with our hotel reservations, we had to scramble to find a place near LAX. Took a chance on this place and was very pleasantly surprised. Luxurious, no, but if you need to be near LAX, it's great. Clean, good service, great little cafe...and Starbuck's coffee too! I would choose this over the LAX Hilton!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
milano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Hotel is fine...check in is very quick and effiecient..room is very large and bathroom is fine..all is very clean.
The restaurant is a little pricey for what it is...
only problem was shuttle service --we waited a good 25 minutes which is not ideal after 12 hours on a plane...
would suggest

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my idea of the perfect business hotel. The staff is so helpful, good location, free wireless, decent food, comfortable room. This will be my go-to place in LA. I was most impressed that they offered to pick me up at the car rental nearby--saved me a ton of time and bother. The food in the Bistro is unexpectedly good. Room was spacious. Every service was speedy and helpful. The management of this property should be proud--it advances the brand.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff that gave us a different room so we could get an early check in
Big room with comfortable beds to sleep of the long flight bad rest. Nicer amenities would be appreciated but the ones provided worked well.
The valet parking is not an option if you have a car but works pretty well especially when tired.
No food was included in our rate but there is a coffee bar and snacks to buy near the front desk

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed here twice for early morning flights. The property looks like most other city center Courtyards so it doesn't feel like a dumpy hotel near the airport. The best thing about it is that it's as close to the airport as one can get and it is the last shuttle pickup before entering the airport. It's also a 5-10 minute walk from Terminal 1, if you are traveling light and care for the exercise.

If you're staying here beyond just an overnight layover, there's a trolley that takes you to El Segundo and Manhattan Beach. It's free if you're staying at just about any hotel along the Century Blvd corridor. I haven't taken advantage of it, as it stops running at 9pm, but that's certainly a nice perk since the area around Century Blvd is a bit a wasteland.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Long Neck, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here one night prior to boarding a flight back to the east coast.Excellent choice and great welcoming experience.Very modern and welcoming lobby with lots of computers, cozy niches with TV's and tables to eat at with tv's. Nice Lobby Bistro for light meals and quick breakfast. Shuttle super convenient to LAX. Beds were soooo comfortable and rooms have been recently remodeled very nicely. Room was huge with fridge and couch....HVAC was quiet.
Friendly people...easy walk to full service hotels with full service restaurants if that is what you want.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard Los Angeles LAX/Century Boulevard? Share your experiences!