“best of trip (South West USA)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Cottage B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Angeles
Garden Cottage B & B
You added Garden Cottage B & B to your Saves list
8318 W 4th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90048 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #1 of 80 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Nieuwpoort, Belgium
“best of trip (South West USA)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here last summer, with our son. Indeed, no exaggeration in the other comments.
Excellent breakfast, very cozy and clean rooms, good location for our travel plans.
And the welcome by Bob and Ahuva is heartwarming. They were able to help us with all the information and requests we had.
This was the best place out of all the places we stayed at on our 3 week trip.
Wish there were more places like this.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

There's not much I can add to what others have already said: the location is perfect, the accommodations SO comfortable and restful and the hosts great.
I chose the location because I wanted to be able to walk to the LACMA. It was a perfect distance. Also walked along 3rd Street (great small shops and restaurants), to the Farmer's Market and The Grove shopping centre.
I wished I could have stayed longer...I was THAT comfortable.
Thank you, Bob & Ahuva. I hope I can come to stay again.

Susan

Room Tip: Separate cottage with it's own kitchen can very easily accommodation 2 + people. I was on my...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Raynham, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

As others have documented in their reviews, it's understandable why this B&B rates so high in the LA area. It's situated in a very nice neighborhood, close to the Farmer's Market and the Grove, but just far enough off the main road to be very quiet. We stayed in the Terrace Room and really like the feature of having our own deck. The room was spotlessly maintained by people who take pride in what they do. However, the best part of our experience was getting to know Bob and Ahuva. They're two of the nicest people you'd every want to meet. If and when I go back to LA, I'll go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Phoenixvill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Since, our son lives in LosAngeles , our daughter got us a 2 night stay at the Garden Cottage as a Christmas present. When our son and his wife had their first child in September, we used the gift to stay there the last 2 nights of our trip. It lives up to all the praise it has been given. The location is convenient to museums and the Farmers' Market . The rooms are spacious, the garden is serene and the breakfast is so tasty. Ahuva and Bob are gracious hosts. Our first night was spent in the garden cottage which was spacious and had a separate bedroom and good size kitchen where our breakfast was served. Since it was already booked for the second night, we switched to another room which also had very comfortable accommodations. Linens are especially luxurious. Ahuva and Bob made sure we had an early breakfast so we could get to the airport on time. This is definitely a destination to return to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

After a 3-night stay at the Garden Cottage on our recent trip to LA, I can see why this place has the #1 spot of the B&B ratings in the city. My husband and I stayed in the Garden View room upstairs in the back of the house. The queen-size bed was heavenly, and the room was quiet except for the soothing sound of the fountains in the back garden.

I apprecciated the uncluttered decor, the large closet with plenty of room to put away suitcases, and the little touches like the fresh flowers around the house. The house was spotless, and I enjoyed sitting outside on the small terrace adjoining the dining room early in the morning. There is also a nice sitting room for use by the guests and a self-service kitchen where you can make coffee or tea.

The house is in a beautiful old neighborhood, within walking distance of the restaurants at the Farmers' Market and the shopping on 3rd street. The hosts and hostess, Bob and Ahuva, truly seem to enjoy their guests and take great care of them. The morning breakfasts are delicious, plentiful, and prepared fresh every day.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Whenever we head to LA to visit my in-laws we stay at a B&B that is within walking distance of their home. On this visit however, they were booked for 2 of 3 nights we would be there. I secured the one night with them, but still needed a place for the other two nights. I did some research and after a cost comparison of the hotels in Century City (any my preference for B&Bs) we decided that The Garden Cottage Bed and Breakfast was the best choice for value and our needs. True, it is about a ten minute drive to the folks, but it's located in a lovely neighborhood. It is within walking distance to the Farmers Market at 3rd and Fairfax, and there are some wonderful restaurants nearby on W 3rd.

The B&B is the upper apartment and the garden cottage in the back. The proprietors, Ahuva and Bob, live in the lower unit of the duplex. The grounds and exterior of the house are well maintained (in keeping with the neighborhood!). The apartment itself is lovely - built with high ceilings, hardwood floors, wool rugs, tile floor bathroom and beautifully furnished throughout.

Since we were the only guests the first night, we had the place to ourselves. We stayed in the Terrace Room. The four poster king sized bed, made up with top quality bedding and a down comforter, was very inviting and comfortable. French doors open out to a covered terrace that overlook the garden below and the city skyline. The sound of the fountain was soothing. In the room on a side table was a vase of beautiful flowers, a bowl of fruit, some candy, water carafe and glasses. Our room included a private bath with separate shower and tub. There was a nice selection of natural and organic body soap/gel and lotions, shampoos and conditioners, as well as other essentials.

The living room, dining room and kitchen are the common areas of the apartment. It was easy to curl up in the over-sized couch and peruse one of the books in their eclectic collection or choose a magazine on the coffee table in the living room. In the kitchen we found supplies to make a cup of tea or coffee. There is also a refrigerator if you want to chill a bottle of wine or two, or stash away some treats.

We slept like a log. The following morning, our hosts laid out a beautiful breakfast for us. Coffee, juice, salami, assorted slices of cheese, croissants, bread, butter, jam, and a granola-fruit-yoghurt parfait. Not enough? Have your eggs any way you like - omelet, scrambled, poached - served with a salsa on the side. Everything was freshly made or baked locally, and organic products/ingredients where possible. It was a great jump-start to our day. We got back late that night. As we tiptoed to our room we could hear muffled, friendly chatter but it quickly faded as we drifted off to another great night's sleep.

We met the new guests in the morning and had a nice conversation over another stellar breakfast. After they left, we also got ready to check out. Before leaving, we had the opportunity to chat extensively with Ahuva and Bob and learn a little bit about their home and family. Ahuva and I chatted about cooking, something we both have in common. She and I could have talked all day if we both didn't already have other commitments. We felt so welcome by their hospitality that we didn't want to leave.

Street parking is easy. Bob gives you a guest residential parking permit to hang in your car during your stay, but mind the signs so you don't park on the wrong side during street sweeping days. The neighborhood is quiet and we felt safe walking around at night.

Wifi is available. The connection seemed to be best in the living room, less so in our room.

For us, the price of our room for two nights was a better value than staying at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. Our hosts were warm and friendly and couldn't do enough to make sure we were comfortable. They are on the top of the list of B&Bs to stay in LA.

Room Tip: In the the Terrace Room, there is one window by the bed that faces eastward. If you don't want t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights as part of our Honeymoon West Coast trip, and I can honestly say all the reviews you read about this place are true... I not sure I can express just how amazing this place is and how glad we are that we found this gem. No hotel could have come close to the experience we had here.

Breakfast was amazing, there would be a knock on the door, and both Bob and Ahuva (the hosts) appear with croissants, bread, cheese/salami, eggs, cakes, fresh fruit parfait and more. All of this was served on our private roof terrace. A great way to get a sunny day in LA started.

The location great, situated in a beautiful and quiet neighbourhood between Hollywood and Beverly Hills. We found it so easy to drive to places from there, travelling to places such as Hollywood, Runyon Canyon, Getty Centre, Santa Monica, Dodgers stadium, etc.

A cab (kindly arranged by Bob) to and from a lovely restaurant / bar in Sunset Blvd cost us $10 a trip, which was in my opinion great value (compared to London it is anyway!).

The rooms are big, the beds probably the most comfortable of our trip, and the furniture beautiful (antiques).

Bob & Ahuva are great hosts. I enjoyed the morning chats with these guys, really entertaining. Not just that, but they go above and beyond ensuring that every guest is looked after and happy.

To be honest I found it hard saying goodbye on our last day, I could quite easily live here. So Bob, I can't help with a spanish waiter, but if you ever need the services of a London cockney butler - let me know!

;)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Garden Cottage B & B? Share your experiences!