“Nice Budget Hotel to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Los Angeles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1255 W Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA 90026   |
Ranked #122 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
London
“Nice Budget Hotel to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Good Location
Nice Clean Rooms
Good Service
Great sleep quality
Reasonable rates
Lots of eating places around and so convenient
Pl. note:
Its a bed and breakfast hotel but breakfast is only tea,coffee and muffins which is served on a table which is kept at the reception so don't look forward to a proper breakfast or a dinning area

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Charles W, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Los Angeles, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for the review. We do have a breakfast room and pictures of it can be seen on our website at http://www.knightsinnla.com. Hopefully the compliments were directed at our property, the Knights Inn Los Angeles.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ivanhoe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a nice place to stay the night and keep it affordable then this is the place to be! The rooms are very nice and the customer service is outstanding! Definitely try and get a hold of George Normar, he will treat you like family. I have already stayed with them twice and i was never disappointed!
- Fernando N.

• Stayed February 2014
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Really a nice place and good service ask for George he is really nice guy and helpful. The internet there is perfect, hotel in the middle of the town for it is reachable.

The tip for you is George and the team....a very friendly atmosphere, they will guide you thru LA and u will. Feel like home, they want nothing but to make sure u r served right and that you enjoy the place

Stayed January 2014
Charles W, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Los Angeles, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for visiting us all the way from Egypt and we are glad you enjoyed your stay!
Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were on our last leg of our honeymoon and just wanted something affordale and cosy.
George was amazing and kind, Recommeding place to go and things to see.
The rooms were tidy and a good size , We stayed for around 5 nights and had no problems at all the bus is right out front which saves on hiring a car.
we would stay again if we were ever to go back to la.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charles W, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Los Angeles, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for the review. I also noticed you gave us outstanding marks on the Expedia network and that is very much appreciated. Glad the bus option worked out for you wonderfully and hope to have you with us again in the future!
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Had a great stay here towards the end of my USA adventures. George was amazingly friendly and unbelievably helpful in helping me get the best out of my stay in LA. The rooms were nice, tidy and freshly painted. Just amazing value for money. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was a guest of the Knights Inn on a recent trip to LA and must say that the entire staff is very friendly, as well as professional. The front desk personnel, Stephanie, Jeff and George, were so accommodating. My room was very clean and newly renovated which was a very welcome surprise. The complementary breakfast was surprisingly complete for a non-kitchen prepared breakfast,...choices of fresh fruit, oatmeals, selections of bread with great percolated coffee. Tea's and hot chocolate were available too. The homemade waffles!, served by the wonderful Norma of the housekeeping staff, were fantastic!

However, I believe one small issue should be addressed. While on trip advisor I noticed a review recently written by a guest about one of the front desk staff. To my surprise, I was there and witnessed this event. The woman who wrote the review did not tell the truth. As I was leaving my room my room, I saw a woman being rude and abusive to the front desk gentleman, who, as I watched, was gracious and polite, despite her astonishingly intolerant behavior. He carried all her bags down the steps, according to her instructions; despite the hot weather, pulled her bags off the street when the shuttle didn't show up on time, and offered to put her bags inside the lobby. Despite all his back-breaking work in the heat, I heard her distinctly say, "get away from me!" All this happened as I was waiting to check out. I was absolutely astonished at this uncalled for response to his polite offer. And, the other couple checking in at that time, were as surprised at her behavior too. Sometimes, as hard as these people work, they have to endure this kind of abuse from a guest who just doesn't appreciate what hard work people put in for their comfort. That woman should be ashamed of herself for singling out this gentleman and writing such a review of his hard work and efforts on her behalf. Despite all of this, he ran behind the front desk presented a smiling, helpful, polite attitude to us! bravo Jeff!

Room Tip: Was extremely pleased with the quality of service and cleanliness of rooms. The complimentry breakfa...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

A guy receptionist called Jeff is dumb and dumber of Knights Inn. He helped me take my baggage down and put it in the pavement by the roadside in the hot sun while he went up for my second bag! What if a passer-by walk off with my big luggage bag worth easily $1,000s of dollars? I am now sweating in the sun waiting for my shuttle bus which is already 15 minutes late. I should be sitting in the lounge and the shuttle bus will come and take the bags out. Jeff is a "cow-boy" so beware!
I'm almost at the end of writing my review and still waiting for the shuttle bus to arrive!
The good news is there is a lady in the breakfast room who makes waffles, and she's a beautiful and lovely blond hair lady.
Manager George is helpful.
I'm sweating for about half an hour now outside the hotel with sweat dropping from my forehead! So beware of "crazy Jeff"
I've finished my review and still waiting in the hot sun now!
So if Jeff is the receptionist, I'll give this hotel one-star only!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to Knights Inn Los Angeles? Share your experiences!