“Stylish with a Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The MOMENT Hotel

You added The MOMENT Hotel to your Saves list
The MOMENT Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7370 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #45 of 339 Hotels in Los Angeles
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
“Stylish with a Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed one night back in February. Upon arriving I figured there would be a parking fee; however I was surprised after the several things that happened they didn't comp the fee. When I went to checkin my reservation was nowhere to be found, which is why I always make sure to bring my reservation info from third-party websites (apparently the reservationist at the hotel had the wrong arrival date). Finally after getting to the first (yes first) room I started settling in and eventually proceeded to closing the electronic blinds with a press of a button. I'm sure you can imagine when I tried pressing the button... nothing happened. I of course called the front desk and the person who checked me in had a houseman come up to the room to try to fix the blinds. After about fifteen minutes of no luck and me awkwardly waiting and watching, the houseman said he would get me another room. Another 10 minutes went by where I was able to pack my stuff back up to transfer to the room immediately next to me. Well, after a 4 hour drive and a half hour of finally getting to a room without issues (Except for the fact the original room had complementary water and this one did not, along with this room was right next to the stairway which I could hear people coming through occasionally. Did they downgrade me in this process?), I could hear the guy next door trying to fix the blinds still for maybe an hour. My real annoyance with this afternoon is after the long drive I wanted to relax before the night I had planned but was unable to due to all the issues and noise.

It was definitely a clean and nice hotel, but with how much I paid (and after working at one of the nicest hotels where I live), I would have at least offered free parking, maybe a free dinner and drinks... something after all these troubles. Staff were nice, I liked the environmentally friendly things in the room, but I like to relax when I come to hotels like this.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent three nights here. the hotel is very trendy and an easy walk to Hollywood! We were in 105 which is close to the hotel laundry, the utility room and on the ground floor in front of the car park (right on Sunset Boulevard) . it was very noisy particularly late at night with drunk and loud people arriving in the early hours. You can also hear people moving about on the floor above. Service was good and staff were very friendly and helpful but I'd insist on an upper floor room right at the end of the corridor (puts you closer to the road but at least the drunks and cleaning staff (although they were trying to be quiet) won't wake you up). Rooms could have been cleaner and we had to ask for clean glasses but to be fair, for the price and location, I cannot really complain too much except for the noise which did affect us every night of our stay.

Room Tip: end of the corridor on the top floor
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful boutique hotel that has a very friendly staff, beautifully modern chic rooms & a fabulous outdoor deck!! Would highly recommend this place if you don't want to pay the higher prices of other boutique hotels in the area!! I actually stayed here at the end of Jan. '15 so a little late in my review...

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Craig S, General Manager at The MOMENT Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the great review. We loved hosting you during your stay. We look forward to getting you back here soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed late Feb 2015. Good value and location. Easy walk Runyon (10 mins) and even to Hollywood Walk of Fame and Chinese theater if weather is good - within a mile or so. Rooms are comfortable, clean, and modern. Staff is very friendly. You'll do just fine here.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review. We loved having you here and look forward to your return!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The MOMENT has done a great job creating a hotel with a modern vibe, really comfortable rooms, and awesome staff! From the check-in process, to recommendations on places to check out in the area, to helping coordinate an early morning ride to the airport with the LA Marathon going on outside the hotel, the staff was friendly and responsive to anything we needed. The location is centrally located - a quick 5 min Uber ride to Hollywood/Highland on one side and 8 min ride to the nightlife on Sunset Blvd on the other side. We will definitely come back and take advantage of this gem in the heart of LA.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at The MOMENT Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We loved your review and we loved having you and your wife (your pic gave you away!). We hope to see you both back here soon and bring your friends! Even that tall one I remember talking with you about. But we wont tell him what you said...

See you soon!

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

Yes, near to apparently famous nude girlie shows you too can experience the questionable charms of the sunset strip. Over starred really just lipstick on a old Travelodge type motel. They try they tried but peeling painted shower walls and slick remote controlled black out curtains can not hide a tiny room with hard edges for stubbed toes and elbows, tile floors beckoning those delicate electronic devices and a giant but poor quality no station TV. What you'd expect for 66 dollars off Route 66, not near 200 bucks even in the big city. Not sure much better out there for the locale, but this one looks way better in pictures than real life, just like the movies and the stars. Ironic yes, comfortable, no. But not the fault of friendly helpful staff and management, just buyer beware. Better yet, just skip the whole Hollywood thing altogether. Go see a movie, it'll look better.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Craig S, General Manager at The MOMENT Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
You are well versed in some old school Motley Crue! That being said, I'm sorry that you were disappointed in the area surrounding the hotel. Hollywood is an incredible area, but like a lot of places, not for everyone. Thank you for the kind comments in regards to the staff. We would certainly love to get you back here and try a few of the other spots out surrounding our hotel.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

The MOMENT is a great hotel on Sunset, a little outside the iconic Sunset Strip but a great location nonetheless! It's a twenty minute walk from the Hollywood Walk of Fame and there are some very good restaurants in the area.

The staff was great! So friendly and definitely knew their way around LA always providing walking and driving directions with a great attitude and smiling face. They were super informative about the happenings of LA too!

The modern look is fantastic, definitely an oasis right off the street. The rain-shower is amazing and the colors of the hotel definitely pop. The only complaint I have regarding the decor and structure is the lack of mirrors in the room. There was only one average sized mirror above the sink & as two ladies travelling together we would have loved a full length to see from head to toe, and it also made getting ready to go out a challenge when one of us was constantly hogging the sole mirror.

The food is decent, not the greatest hotel food we've had but we weren't there for the food! There are many restaurants around that can hook you up with that!

We would not hesitate to stay there again next year when we return to LA!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Craig S, General Manager at The MOMENT Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
We appreciate the positive words and review. We love our hotel and location, but you are correct - our best asset is the staff! We look forward to getting you back here soon.

Craig

Been to The MOMENT Hotel? Share your experiences!