“Very cool place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the MOMENT hotel

Save Saved
You added the MOMENT hotel to your Saves list
the MOMENT hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7370 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90046 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #28 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
Seattle, Washington
“Very cool place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was pleasantly surprised by what a wonderful spot The Moment is. Stayed 4 nights with my 13 year old son. First---the friendliest staff I ever encountered from maids and maintenance folks to the front desk (Courtnay is terrific!). Because it's a small place you start to feel like you are staying with friends. Very cool, comfortable rooms with great rain showers and a cozy bed. The roof deck is a cool spot to lounge and read. Excellent beers on tap and prices are amazing for a hotel---they don't gouge you. Good location---check out Samuel French Books a few blocks up Sunset.

My only modest complaint is the noise from the halls---folks talking late at night can be a little disruptive, but not a serious issue. Would stay here again in a minute.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor facing the Hollywood Hills have the best view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Don't get fool by the look of this hotel. It could easily be one of those "boutique hotel wannabes"...but it's not. It is a true clean, simple and modern boutique hotel that any young professional prefers. (I am sure not just young professional would enjoy it). First of all, the location is great. Close to all the key locations. The hotel itself is very clean. One of the cleanest hotel rooms I have ever stayed. The bed was so comfy. Shower area is simply amazing. And the staff? Super friendly...in a real sincere way. It's one of these hotels that was created by really nice people. And it shows. High recommend this place. Bravo, keep up the great work guys!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love this hotel. When I went to check in the front desk let me know that the manager Craig had upgraded my room to a suite. What a nice surprise. This was my 1st time at the hotel and when I go back to LA I will always stay here. It is not your big fancy hotel - it is better!! It's so cool!! And you are near everything!! The rooms are nice and big - the shower is nice and big!! Can't say good things!!! And I can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Craig S, General Manager at the MOMENT hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for the great review and for trying us out. I'm glad you enjoyed the suite, having a private balcony on Sunset Blvd is a great feature! We look forward to getting you back here soon.

thanks again,

Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This hotel thoroughly surprised me. I was going to stay at The Standard like I typically do but saw this new modern looking hotel so I went inside and asked for rates. They has a special for first time guest and I got a great deal. There was a guy named Davin that was working the front desk and he made sure that I was taken care of. The room was fantastic! Clean, big flat screen with Direct TV, and the thing that I liked most was the automated blinds that allowed me to make my room very dark. If you stay here make sure you wear the robes they have omg I felt like a King with it on lol. I will be staying here next time I'm in LA 5 stars!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you decided to try us out. Davin is a great associate and we enjoy having him here. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I want to say that this hotel has the best front desk service/workers I have ever seen in any hotel.
*And I've been to A LOT of hotels.*

I want to give Owen and Courtney 11 out of 10 for their service/friendly moods. This definitely made my stay. Everyone here is spot on with what they do and are right on top of their jobs.
I was put in the Moment Hotel for 4 days from a contest that I won with Guitar Center.
Out of all of the places to go in Hollywood, I spent 3/4 of my time talking/having fun with the people who work there because they are all so nice and friendly.

The Moment Hotel - You have possibly the finest hotel that I have ever been to.
All of your employees are fantastic and I think they need a raise!!! Haha
I recommend anyone that is staying in Hollywood to stay at this hotel! You won't forget it.

If you need ANYTHING, just call the front desk and they will take care of you!!

Thanks again for the fantastic stay!

Room Tip: Ask for Owen/Courtney/Will, they will definitely take care of you for anything that you need!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
We enjoyed having you here during your recent stay. We are looking forward to many more trips to the Moment Hotel. I will pass on the kind words to the staff and we'll see you soon.

Belfast Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My stay at The Moment Hotel was great. But interesting. I have to write an extended and careful review. Why? Every inch of The Moment is carefully planned and detailed and thought out. A team of architects and designers have worked this baby to the bone and it shows. It irritates at times as well but so what? Someone says “it’s a redeveloped old motel” but you’ll never notice. The place absolutely welcomes and sparkles. It’s still just months old but the friendly staff really does care about it and keeps everything beautifully. First off… I’m 63 and overweight so I don’t think I’m the “young Hollywood” urban hipster target demo but looking around there were lots of people who were a bit off the chart of uber cool. At least no one called me gramps. I got a great deal on Priceline.com and price + lots of stars always being my first concern I was very happy to land where I did. Lots of parking, never a problem, really sweet deck/bar where I never saw a person except the never ending show on Sunset Blvd. Great friendly welcome. It’s only two floors but with multiple suitcases the elevator was very welcome. Hollywood and the area is interesting. Very quiet tree lined side streets that felt safe to me. I’ve got my old school NYC street radar always going. But who knows? Here’s where the fun stuff starts: the details. Everything here is a bit complicated and awesome.
1. I’m not a government employee or high security so I had yet to use a card you pass over the lock to get in. I felt like I was in a movie. Looking for a slot that wasn’t there.
2. I go to lock the door once inside but the security lock is something that takes me minutes of playing with it until it just quietly flips out.
3. The blinds are electric and getting them to work takes practice. Later I’ll watch a woman from outside as she yanks and yanks. After a while… I get it. The view out back is straight at an apartment build. Zero interest.
4. More plugs than I have any idea what to do with. If you are a techie: welcome to nirvana.
5. A giant TV fit for a family room with Dish and a million channels I will never figure out how to use. There was something very odd about a huge Anderson Cooper in my room.
6. Keurig coffee pods! YES!
7. Whoever designed these rooms does not read. Ceiling spotlights for reading? Irksome.
8. The shower was another mystery. Big beautiful walk in glass doors with a huge rain shower and had unit. But if you dare to push that button to switch from hand to rain you will get the freezing shower treatment. Push and jump back. And you cannot switch back without turning off the water.
9. The soap and various stuff at the sink and shower are in pumps. They shoot straight at you and not down into your hand.
10. The entire creation is one of angles, greens, greys, purples, and oranges. You’ll never feel like you are at a Comfort Inn.
11. What ever happened to wash towels for the hands and face? I like them. And missed them.
12. The parking lot is either black poured or painted black. It’s cool. The stair support art was cool and showed an added commitment to detail.
13. The outside doors are automatic and open every time you walk by. Then the staff has to lean out and look to see who is there. They needed a notch cut through the wall.
14. When I ran into something very obvious and simple I started suspecting there was a trick to everything but there wasn’t.

The place is interesting, safe, and quiet, detail oriented, easy to get in and out of, and cares about you. It is a work of imaginative art and scores high as a realized vision. Yes there are some odd details but what the hell… yeah… what the hell! Who cares? Not me.

The neighborhood is good. Aroma Café across the street with good food, guitar and drum world you are in my friends: checkout the guitar hand prints at Guitar Center across street. Ralph’s grocery a few blocks west. Pinkberry down the street. And always an easy place for your car in Car City. Have your moment at The Moment. I loved it.

Room Tip: if you want a view the back rooms are not for you. Make sure you ask what the view is.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your very detailed and thorough review of our property. You mentioned a few items that we will look into and ensure they're rectified for your next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great boutique hotel on Sunset Blvd. We stayed for 2 nights in March and loved it. The rooms are clean design and comfortable and the amenities (mini bar, bathrobes and slippers, rooftop deck) were excellent. The staff was very friendly and very helpful!
Will definitely return!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review. We appreciate the comments and we are anxiously awaiting your return!

Craig

Been to the MOMENT hotel? Share your experiences!