“Worst stay ever don't do it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Inn Express South

You added Hollywood Inn Express South to your Saves list
Hollywood Inn Express South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   141 N. Alvarado St., Los Angeles, CA 90026 (Central L.A)   |
Ranked #236 of 324 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Worst stay ever don't do it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Worst stay ever, dirty towels, not clean room, we booked to stay here for a week but as soon as we got there changed our mind and only done a night, just as well because breakfast was poor only a waffle machine and cereal didn't even bother very poor you can tell they do this to save money they should be ashamed. Bed uncomfortable . Neighbour hood trashy and rough. Tramps around leaking makes you feel at unease. Just don't stay here if rather sleep in the car. Worst experience ever.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The location was terrible!!! It was a really dirty, dingy and scary neighborhood, with weird people walking on the streets. The hotel was the same. Dirty carpets smelling really bad, broken shower, weird people around. We've found 2 cockroaches in the room and I keep asking myself how I could stay there. Terrible staff, the guy whom was attending us was really rude, and when we were going to pay we wanted to split the amount and he said he could not do it because he didn't know how, so we should just pay with someone's credit card. The breakfast area was really small with tables that couldn't accommodate even half of the clients. Me and my friends thought we were getting a good deal and saving our money, but I'd rather pay double the price for a nice hotel room. It was really disappointing, don't ever stay there!!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay there!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed there just one night because our other hotel was full booked and we wanted something cheap. When we arrived we found out that we had got a smoking room, so Sun was really nice and helped us get a non-smoking one. We got a really big room, fresch and nice with one big bed each. The location is maybe not the best, but its a great stay for just a few days. It takes around 15 min to walk to the subway, so thats ok. But I don't think you should walk alone in the area when it's dark. We got a the best room and the staff was nice, so we can't really complain.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Urbino, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The worst hotel I have been in, especially for the relation quality-price. I paid $275 a night (only because desperate for a mishap with another hotel I booked through Priceline but thanks to Priceline it did not go through) to get the following: a) youth hostel quality and style, shabby and dirty; b) the worst breakfast offer I have seen in a long time; c) NO HOT WATER IN THE ROOM!!! Do you need more? If you are a masochist, this is the hotel for you...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

First of all the price that you get quoted when you book is at least a fifty to seventy dollar difference when you get there. If you pay with cash then the room is about 25 dollars cheaper and their ATM that they directed me to was just sketchy. It didn't compute 200 so at least the guy at the desk let me pay with card but at the cash price. (They don't tell you before hand to bring cash or that it is a different price if using card or cash) The pictures give you a completely different idea and some of the reviews are too nice or have a different idea of quality. The room was so muggy when we got in and it took almost an hour to cool down. The "breakfast" is literally corn flakes and one waffle iron. That is it and it was not worth it. Definitely not going to try and save a few bucks next visit to LA. I didn't even think the location was great. Was staying there because of an event happening at the Staples center still needed a car to get around. The carpets desperately need to be replaced and when we came back from the day of exploring the city the room had not been cleaned or towels replaced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Banos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was just a few blocks from the freeway & tucked away a bit from street traffic noise. Staff was very helpful & friendly. I was greeted by Sun (the manager of the property). I was pleasantly surprised for a 1 star hotel. The rooms have been updated recently & property is under new management. When I first arrived, I had a problem using my room key & the maid was very helpful. (silly me, I was trying to get into the wrong room) Oops!

It was clean & sanitary. The bed was super comfy & the pillows nice & fluffy. I got a great nites sleep. I was traveling on business; however, I would not hesitate to bring my family to this property. I stayed in room # 114 which had a magnified make-up mirror & a mini fridge. Great place for the price! I have a variety of projects that keep me coming back to the area. I am booking a room again in the very near future.

- Tami from Los Banos

Room Tip: If you'd like to get booked into a good room anywhere you stay, the trick is to arrive as close...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Recently, stayed 2 nites there to attend a college graduation - Property is in the remodeling process - We were given a room, it was furnished poorly such as you feel the springs in the bed, tv remote didnt worked (had to replace it twice), towels & bedsheets are dirty not washed thoroughly & carpets are not clean (looked like old carpeting which needs deep cleaning) - We asked for a different room once we inspect the other room, which was a little better by the size & furnishing was much better, but carpet was dirty & cobwebs where the lighting area was & towels and sheets are little better - There was smell in the 2nd room, but we took care of that with can of Lysol - Hotel provided continental breakfast, really people, there was only waffles (syrup didnt taste like syrup just looked like it ) & Cornflakes cereal & coffee & Sunny Delight juice (not fresh OJ) - Breakfast was a joke, not even a continental breakfast, I've seen better breakfast elsewhere - We asked for a iron & ironing board which ironing board didnt work too - We received codes to access the WiFi there too, but only good for 24 hrs - Last but not least, BED BUGS were in the 2nd room that booked when we left today, my friend develop bites on her upper arms near her shoulders - Considering the location of the hotel is what you are paying for not the room & ammendities - Hotel really needs alot of work besides the remodeling process that is going on

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hollywood Inn Express South? Share your experiences!