“An authentic experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seoul Garden Restaurant

Seoul Garden Restaurant
1833 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90006-3701 (Central L.A)
213-386-8477
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Montreal, Canada
“An authentic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This restaurant was right in front of our hotel and had good reviews, so we decided to try it out. When we opened the door, we were pleasantly surprised to see that every single person in the restaurant (except us) was Asian: you just know the place must be good and authentic. This initial thought turned out to be true. Other than the great food, we really had fun here (cooking the barbecue ourselves, trying all the different condiments). I would recommend this restaurant to anyone craving Korean food in LA!

Visited December 2012

Los Angeles
“Best K-style Shabu Shabu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I never had Shabu Shabu before so when I tried Korean Shabu Shabu @ JinSang, I thought it was delicious. That all changed when my friend introduced me to Seoul Garden. Being a ginormous pig, I loved the amount of food they give you.

We normally order the regular beef and the mool naengmyun and bibim naengmyun are phenomenal. My favorite is actually the gruel at the very end.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great authentic Korean Barbecue and noodle restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

I was craving some good Korean food. This restaurant was right next to my hotel (Clarion on Olympic Blvd.). The food is great. I had a bowl with rice, cucumbers, think beef strips, eggs, and other ingredients. It cost $11 and it totally filled me up. You get kimchi, seaweed, pickled veggies, and other extras just like in any authentic Korean restaurant. The service was fast, and the food came out quickly. Make sure you get here early. 30 minutes after I got here, the restaurant was packed to the limit. I was the only non-Asian customer in the whole restaurant, so you know it's a good place if the locals flock to it. Make sure you are adventurous and able to choose food on your own. I don't think the waitresses will be patient enough to explain the dishes when they are busy.
The barbecue is server raw and you cook it yourself. Each table has a little stove in the middle. Some meats get boiled in hot water, others ore grilled on a flat plate. One order of BBQ is enough for two people and it costs around $24. Go for it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Awesome food. Bonus getting taken care of by a half-dozen moms who nag you to eat more veggies.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

Hong Kong, China
“Friendliest service..for...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

Friendliest service..for a Korean restaurant..