“A specific not to miss dish” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Panzanella Ristorante

Panzanella Ristorante
14928 Ventura Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91403-3455 (South San Fernando Valley)
818-784-4400
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Panzanella Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,410 of 8,658 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South San Fernando Valley
Cross street: Kester Ave.
Los Angeles, California
“A specific not to miss dish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Reviews seem to be mixed on this restaurant...prices are high, but in line with food quality...I wanted to mention a specific dish that I thought was outstanding...Tortelloni di Zucca..little hand-made green pasta pillows stuffed with pumpkin in a cream sauce...make sure to have the waiter sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on the dish as well.

As a little side note, those of you who have lived in the valley a long time will remember this building as Fiore D'Italia, my absolutely favorite old-school Italian restaurant. But that goes back many years....

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mesa, Arizona
“Baby Shower Get together”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars is due to the lack of parking. I know that it is LA but still I do feel that I should be "forced" to pay for valet. But if you don't mind that part then everything else will be perfect. The food and service was great. I went there for a baby shower and the staff was very attentive and helpful. They were quick to serve and the drinks were always flowing, overall great place.

“Best Dinela ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were so delighted with our experience at Panzanella. We had been there once before and loved the burrata salad. The burrata is very creamy and the double portion very generous, somehow the tomatoes both times were really ripe and tasty. In other restaurants the restaurant week menus are smaller portions, not here. The pastas were truly amazing--my husband could hardly bear to share the eggplant involtini and I was so pleased with the tortellini zucca which had an amazing aroma as well as taste [the pasta was a bit thick, but that is just me]. The veal with prosciutto was tender and tasty. We had the panna cotta and the chocolate flourless cake--these two were best desserts in a year. The panna cotta texture was heavenly and the cake light and delicious. The service was awesome, they do team service and all you have to do is look up with a questioning gaze and someone glides over to help. We could not believe we were there for 2 hours, the time flew by. One note, sit in the long edge section, the noise in the inner room is just too much for me to relax. I would encourage them to do something about the acoustics. I do note that we were moved instantly when we asked. We would also suggest a new brand of coffee.

Do get over to this place soon and mark it for a special occassion where the food is the key with great service.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mammoth Lakes, California
“for us, overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The food was mediocre. Maybe we ordered the wrong things? Yet the prices were high, even by L.A. standards. The service was excellent. The atmosphere, nondescript. All in all, a disappointing evening.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic italian experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

For the last several years, this is where my husband and I have dined on Valentine's day. What I love most about this resturant, is that many of the servers actually speak italian! This piece reminds me of being in Italy. The food is ok, the service has been hit and miss. What I do apprecite, is that they offer us a free dessert on our birthday and anniversary. I appreciate establishments who do little things like this for their patrons. For this reason, I am giving it a better than average review

• Visited February 2013