“Great Location, brilliant Staff” 4 of 5 stars

The Hotel Hollywood
6364 Yucca Street, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #18 of 81 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
London
“Great Location, brilliant Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel after seeing the reviews and not knowing a great deal about LA and which areas were good to stay in etc,
It is a great location for getting about and the parking around the back of the hotel is really convenient, the room was clean and comfortable and the price is very good, breakfast is included and compared to some in the hotels we stayed in it was great, but its the staff that really make this place special, they were so knowledgeable and helpful, you really feel like they appreciate and care about you as a guest and want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible
I would recommend staying here, but make sure you do your research about LA and ehat you want to visit there as its HUGE!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I arrived for check in 2 hours early (check in is at 3pm) and I was lucky enough my room was ready as I'd been travelling for over 20 hours and was desperate for sleep.
The staff was very friendly at reception and I noticed this throughout my stay consistently with all customers. I had my keys in under 5 minutes, the elevator was broken but I didn't mind, I was only on level 2.

I stayed in room 201 which faces Yucca street. The room is a perfect size for 2 people. There is a small fridge so you can stock up if you need and a 7/11 is located across the road. The bed is extremely comfortable. I went for a 'nap' and woke up 7 hours later, but on my first night I woke up every 2 hours and couldn't sleep from 5:30am. I blame the jet lag!

There is air conditioning in the room, I found I kept getting either too hot or too cold. The room is constantly warm. There's also a ceiling fan with lights.

The walls are quite thin so any movement or conversation throughout the hallways can be heard, but that didn't bother me too much. I only stayed for 2 nights but if you're staying longer perhaps request a quieter room.

Hollywood Boulevard is only a block away which I did walk on my own at night, after reading now I probably shouldn't have done so and was stopped 5 times on my first night. But everyone was just really friendly and seemed they only wanted a chat.

I loved that the room had wifi which worked quite well and there is a small selection of free breakfast in reception from 8am with fruit, bagels, bars, tea coffee etc. my friend and I would always grab something to go.

I would highly recommend The Hotel Hollywood if you are looking for nice low budget accommodation in a great location in Hollywood.

Tip- I caught the Prime time shuttle bus from LAX which also saved me some coin.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very happy with our stay here, staff were all very helpful and friendly. Close to subway station that goes right to Universal City and bus stop that goes to Santa Monica. Free breakfast and wifi always good too! Good area during the day but wouldn't take subway or walk streets at night.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed at the hotel hollywood for 2 nights. The accommodation was very clean, comfy and in a great location. I was told that hollywood was pretty scary but it was ok and I felt safe in the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We used the car park for a $15 charge and it was secure. The only downside was the reception room where breakfast was, was small and very busy. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The location just off of Hollywood Blvd was a plus, with plenty of fast food outlets close by.
The reception clerk Travis was very helpful, the other guy not very.
The walls are a bit thin you can hear the TV in the next room at two in the morning.
There is no lift and no safe,
There are good Mexican food places on the Blvd. Miceli's is a good Italian choice!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Speyer, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and found this to be a good budget hotel.

There are only 33 rooms in the hotel, so you can't expect the amenities of a large hotel, but the 2 guys from reception were very friendly and helpful and above all, the whole place was very clean. The room wasn't huge, but ok.

We stayed in room 202 located next to the staircase, which turned out to be quite noisy (keep in mind that this is an old building and the stairs are quite creaky), but we didn't really mind as we only stayed for 2 nights, but if you stay longer you might want to point out that you'd like a quiet room when checking in.

Breakfast was actually far better than we had expected: It was basic (again, you can't expect a buffet) with orange juice, coffee, tea, milk, a selection of fresh fruit, bagels, spreads such as cream cheese and cereal bars. If you get there early, you will find that it is even quite decently arranged. It is served in the reception area and there are only 2 or 3 small tables to sit down, but you can also just grab something and take it to your room or have it on the way.

There are also washing facilities downstairs, which guests are welcome to use between 4pm and 10pm if I recall correctly. In our case, this came in quite handy.

It's true that the area is not very nice - I wouldn't have felt safe here on my own at night, but I guess you get that in lots of areas in L.A.
If you keep in mind that this is a place for budget travellers who are mainly in L.A. for sightseeing and do not want to enjoy the amenities of a luxury hotel, this place is a good choice.

Room Tip: If you have a light sleep, ask for a quiet room that is not located next to the staircase. There are...