“Great budget hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 76 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
manchester
“Great budget hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed at the hotel hollywood for 2 nights. The accommodation was very clean, comfy and in a great location. I was told that hollywood was pretty scary but it was ok and I felt safe in the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We used the car park for a $15 charge and it was secure. The only downside was the reception room where breakfast was, was small and very busy. I would stay here again for sure.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The location just off of Hollywood Blvd was a plus, with plenty of fast food outlets close by.
The reception clerk Travis was very helpful, the other guy not very.
The walls are a bit thin you can hear the TV in the next room at two in the morning.
There is no lift and no safe,
There are good Mexican food places on the Blvd. Miceli's is a good Italian choice!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Speyer, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and found this to be a good budget hotel.

There are only 33 rooms in the hotel, so you can't expect the amenities of a large hotel, but the 2 guys from reception were very friendly and helpful and above all, the whole place was very clean. The room wasn't huge, but ok.

We stayed in room 202 located next to the staircase, which turned out to be quite noisy (keep in mind that this is an old building and the stairs are quite creaky), but we didn't really mind as we only stayed for 2 nights, but if you stay longer you might want to point out that you'd like a quiet room when checking in.

Breakfast was actually far better than we had expected: It was basic (again, you can't expect a buffet) with orange juice, coffee, tea, milk, a selection of fresh fruit, bagels, spreads such as cream cheese and cereal bars. If you get there early, you will find that it is even quite decently arranged. It is served in the reception area and there are only 2 or 3 small tables to sit down, but you can also just grab something and take it to your room or have it on the way.

There are also washing facilities downstairs, which guests are welcome to use between 4pm and 10pm if I recall correctly. In our case, this came in quite handy.

It's true that the area is not very nice - I wouldn't have felt safe here on my own at night, but I guess you get that in lots of areas in L.A.
If you keep in mind that this is a place for budget travellers who are mainly in L.A. for sightseeing and do not want to enjoy the amenities of a luxury hotel, this place is a good choice.

Room Tip: If you have a light sleep, ask for a quiet room that is not located next to the staircase. There are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lurgan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed two nights last week. The room was clean and not to hot! Good value ! The area is not great and I would not walk around there on my own. There is a great 7/11 over the road ! The free breakfast was good but the small area very congested!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Lancashire UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Arrived for a 3 night stay in August as part of our US Tour.
On arrival the man in reception greeted us and was really friendly.
Our room was on the ground floor next to the managers office. I was REALLY disappointed.
I did not expect much for the price but it looked so basic.
In the room was a bed, a TV, fridge, microwave, some plastic cups, only 1 bedside cabinet and no wardrobe just a rack on the wall for you to hang clothes on.
No coffee maker...nothing else
The one positive thing i will say it was very clean indeed oh and the air con worked well.

I felt very nervous - the area looks a little shady and there were some people hanging around when we arrived who took a great deal of notice of us. The window wasnt actually locked and our room looked into an alley way - I felt very vulnerable. Went back to reception to see if we could move and was told no (seems they were full) but I was given assurances that the alley gate is locked and that it is safe. Too tired at that stage to do anything else.

We decided to make the best of it as at least it was clean and wanted to have a shower and get ready to go out.
There was no iron or ironing board so my husband went to reception and we were provided with an Iron and the funniest little ironing board I have ever seen - it was teeny. The sort of thing you perhaps add to an existing ironing board to do shirt sleeves! I will add some photos and this will show how funny it was.

The shower was rubbish - very poor pressure but again we managed.

We found the hotel to be conveniently located. A 5-10 minute walk from the underground at Hollywood/Highland. We used this to get around to Chinatown and to Universal Studios which we enjoyed. Lots of places to eat for all budgets near by and some really interesting shops, bars, tattoo parlours etc on the walk of fame which starts a few minutes away.
If you dont have a car then you will be fine here - we didnt as only here for a few days.

Breakfast was fine actually. The breakfast area is situated in the same place as reception and it is TINY! no room at all. In the end because our room was close by I nipped in and grabbed what we needed and ate on the room, on the funny ironing board which was on the bed...because there was no where else to put it ha!
We were really laughing at this point and starting to enjoy the slightly quirky nature of this place.
Breakfast was coffee, juice, cereal bars and very nice bagels - enough to get us going and I was happy with it.

Free internet use in the hallway - 2PCs but no printer.

On our last day I needed to book transport to airport. I used the free internet to book supershuttle and emailed the voucher to the hotel and the man in reception (im sorry I didnt catch his name!) printed them off.

He is fantastic, very friendly and will do anything to help you!!

So - ok I do prefer a little more luxury and didnt do my research before I booked BUT - its cheap, clean, staff are nice and its convenient - cannot find fault with that.
The area does not look great but actually we had no issues at all and we were safe!!! The doors are all well locked so nothing to worry about.
Would I stay there again - hmmm actually i am not sure - it was fun in a way

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel was exactly what we needed on our first night in LA. Good location right off the strip, nicely made up peaceful room (tip: room 312 on third floor is good), jet lagged stumbling distance from food, drink and a 7/11! Big comfortable beds, ceiling fan & AC, free WiFi. What more could you need? Not many "good" restaurants nearby. It's telling that strip eateries are little reviewed, but if just want a feed and fast food is fine then you'll be fine. Little Devils on the strip seemed to pitch it right to our market, but we'd already eaten at Sharkey's which was fast and fun & 2 mins away!

• Stayed September 2013
Irvine, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a nice buget hotel with all the amenities you can possibly think of. Clean and well designed. Its near to walk of fame an has lot of eating joints around.To our surprise we could find a nice Indian restaurant right across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!