We stayed here for 2 nights and found this to be a good budget hotel.
There are only 33 rooms in the hotel, so you can't expect the amenities of a large hotel, but the 2 guys from reception were very friendly and helpful and above all, the whole place was very clean. The room wasn't huge, but ok.
We stayed in room 202 located next to the staircase, which turned out to be quite noisy (keep in mind that this is an old building and the stairs are quite creaky), but we didn't really mind as we only stayed for 2 nights, but if you stay longer you might want to point out that you'd like a quiet room when checking in.
Breakfast was actually far better than we had expected: It was basic (again, you can't expect a buffet) with orange juice, coffee, tea, milk, a selection of fresh fruit, bagels, spreads such as cream cheese and cereal bars. If you get there early, you will find that it is even quite decently arranged. It is served in the reception area and there are only 2 or 3 small tables to sit down, but you can also just grab something and take it to your room or have it on the way.
There are also washing facilities downstairs, which guests are welcome to use between 4pm and 10pm if I recall correctly. In our case, this came in quite handy.
It's true that the area is not very nice - I wouldn't have felt safe here on my own at night, but I guess you get that in lots of areas in L.A.
If you keep in mind that this is a place for budget travellers who are mainly in L.A. for sightseeing and do not want to enjoy the amenities of a luxury hotel, this place is a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Hollywood is an historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Hollywood, "as close as you can get" to all the action and glamour of the world’s most visited city. The hotel is situated just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Centrally located to everything Hollywood has to offer; The Hollywood Bowl, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Movie Star Homes and much more are all just steps away, making The Hotel Hollywood the most accessible of all the Hollywood, CA, hotels. You can even hop on the Metro Red Line, the city's subway that links Hollywood to Universal Studios and the Greater Los Angeles Area, making your stay that much more convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westside Rentals Hollywood
- Westside Rentals Hollywood Los Angeles