My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. It is a very basic hotel and the decor could do with a bit of a upgrade and repaint. We stayed in room 101 which was reportedly the room James Dean stayed in. We were a little worried about noise as it was right at the bottom of the stairwell by the main entrance and breakfast area but we didn't really find it a problem accept for occasional noise from the room above us.
Yes, breakfast is very minimal and there is not enough space for people to eat. In that regard, having a room so close was a bonus as we just ate it in our room.
The location is pretty good. One block away from the walk of fame and close to many attractions. It is also close to the underground and only one or two stops from Universal Studios. Getting to Disney land takes longer, but word of advice- dont bother taking coach to get to Disney. You pay over the odds and have to leave the park quite early. Instead take the tube and a bus (you can get all details from tourist information office by tube station). It only takes a few minutes more journey wise and is a fraction of the price. Also you get mire flexibility to come and go as you please.
In all, for the price we paid this was an ok hotel. The area seemed pretty safe and quiet but you are close to everything Las Vegas is famous for!
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westside Rentals Hollywood
- Westside Rentals Hollywood Los Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Hollywood is an historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Hollywood, "as close as you can get" to all the action and glamour of the world’s most visited city. The hotel is situated just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Centrally located to everything Hollywood has to offer; The Hollywood Bowl, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Movie Star Homes and much more are all just steps away, making The Hotel Hollywood the most accessible of all the Hollywood, CA, hotels. You can even hop on the Metro Red Line, the city's subway that links Hollywood to Universal Studios and the Greater Los Angeles Area, making your stay that much more convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.