“Horrible hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 77 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Santa Barbara, California
“Horrible hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had booked and got confirmed a room with an extra bed. When we arrived there was no body at front desk. they had a phone number to call to get help. We could not get the extra bed because they were all already in use. I ask for my money back and they refuse to return it. They offer to give a second bed on the next day but I just did not want to stay in this place. Rooms are super small, and smell really bad on entrance and in the room I was disgusted by this place. This is not a hotel Is more like a motel in the getto side of Hollywood.. at the end they did not return my money and I had to find a new hotel...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I wanted to stay in the same room MM stayed in back in the day. This hotel is exactly 1 block north of Hollywood Blvd. It is an excellent location! Across the street is a convenience store and a pizza place for a quick bite. The room was not decorated but it was clean, and the bed was amazing! I have never slept so good in a hotel. It can get a bit noisy from the club on the corner called Josephs. Which seems to be going 24/7 because on Sunday morning girls were all showing up in their "going out" clothes. In any event turn the AC on and you won't hear a thing. The breakfast is just very simple in a very small area so be prepared to grab and go. The rooms have fridge and microwave. Ask for extra towels for sure. I felt safe and secure in this section of Hollywood and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Beirut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Location is good. a 5 min walk to Hollywood Blvd, and close to highways if you have a car.
The hotel is located at the eastern part of the Hollywood Blvd, which is not a very safe area at night. But we never felt unsafe, especially that we had our own car and did not walk at night.

The room was very clean. The staff were very helpful. I asked for a hairdryer and a luggage scale, and they were more than helpful in providing them. In general the hotel was good value/money.

Parking is not for free, but this is LA anyway! At least the price was reasonable.
Breakfast is horrible. We ended up skipping it. The hotel does not have an elevator, and I saw other comments asking people to prefer 1st floor rooms. I was given a 1st floor room, and did not like it at all. It felt like sleeping on the street, especially that the windows blinds did not provide much privacy. If you are fit, can carry your bags on the stairs, and you plan to stay for more than one night, choose an upper level room.

Room Tip: Stay at a higher floor if you can carry your bags on the stairs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent location just few yards from Hollywood boulevard. Hotel is nice, clean and quiet and has reasonable sized rooms with comfy beds and plenty of pillows. Bathroom is OK too.They also have a couple of pcs on the lobby which are free to use for 30 min. which comes pretty handy to look for maps on the area etc...although rooms have free Wifi too. And best of it: really cheap prices (considering the excellent location). I was told there was a free breakfast but I missed it.
Also there is a well known 24/7 convenience shop on the corner for late shopping.
I have been here twice and I have no complains at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked this hotel via booking.com, everything confirmed and seems fine until when I arrived.
Front desk told me that it's fully booked when I showed him the confirmation email (they told me that the system was error or something)
Then he convinced me to stay at the other hotel, I had no choice since I had a big luggage with me, so he called a cab for me for around 4 blocks away from this hotel, he said that this room is more expensive but he will pay for this (this seems good, right?).
When I arrived at the other hotel, I have no idea how it's possible more expensive since the location is worse (nothing around there and further from Metro subway), the room was quite old and a bit dirty but I decided to stay there because I don't want to waste my time anymore)
The worse thing is that in the next morning, the front desk of that hotel told me today is fully booked and he had to take me back to the Hotel Hollywood (that was fully booked as well, and operator told me that he will find another hotel for me, WHAT??) but after a call to Hotel Hollywood, hotel front desk told me that there were available rooms but more expensive, so I called Hotel Hollywood again and he said that he can't cover for that, I have to pay my own.

From this experience, I won't never book this hotel again, EVER!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here on business for one night. This is not a fancy, amenity filled hotel. My room was cute and spotless, the bed was very comfortable and it was super quiet despite being on the first floor close to the entrance. It's a block away from Hollywood Blvd. but super quiet on Yucca St. Parking is around the corner in a lot that cost $15. Even that was favorable to what many nicer hotels charge which is usually around $35 to $45 per night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
zdanielle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, especially for the reasonable price of $80 a night. It's right in Hollywood, about a block away and parallel to Hollywood Blvd. Travis at the front desk was really friendly and made us feel right at home. I'd requested a third floor room, and we got one on the front of the building with a nice big window. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The decor was very simple, but the memory foam bed was comfortable, there were two bureaus, and a little kitchenette with microwave and mini-fridge. There is also a small table/desk where you can carry on your business with the free wireless. The bathroom had a shower, sink, and toilet (no tub). The sink and mirror were older and charming. We opened the window and enjoyed the neon lights and noises of the street below in the early evening. In the early morning, it was delightfully peaceful and quiet until about 8 am even on weekdays. They serve a pretty standard continental breakfast in the very small lobby. A lot of international tourists seem to stay here. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!