“A very well located and fairly un expensive hotel in the heart of Hollywood.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Hotel Hollywood

Save Saved
You added The Hotel Hollywood to your Saves list
The Hotel Hollywood
6364 Yucca Street, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #19 of 80 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A very well located and fairly un expensive hotel in the heart of Hollywood.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Excellent location just few yards from Hollywood boulevard. Hotel is nice, clean and quiet and has reasonable sized rooms with comfy beds and plenty of pillows. Bathroom is OK too.They also have a couple of pcs on the lobby which are free to use for 30 min. which comes pretty handy to look for maps on the area etc...although rooms have free Wifi too. And best of it: really cheap prices (considering the excellent location). I was told there was a free breakfast but I missed it.
Also there is a well known 24/7 convenience shop on the corner for late shopping.
I have been here twice and I have no complains at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked this hotel via booking.com, everything confirmed and seems fine until when I arrived.
Front desk told me that it's fully booked when I showed him the confirmation email (they told me that the system was error or something)
Then he convinced me to stay at the other hotel, I had no choice since I had a big luggage with me, so he called a cab for me for around 4 blocks away from this hotel, he said that this room is more expensive but he will pay for this (this seems good, right?).
When I arrived at the other hotel, I have no idea how it's possible more expensive since the location is worse (nothing around there and further from Metro subway), the room was quite old and a bit dirty but I decided to stay there because I don't want to waste my time anymore)
The worse thing is that in the next morning, the front desk of that hotel told me today is fully booked and he had to take me back to the Hotel Hollywood (that was fully booked as well, and operator told me that he will find another hotel for me, WHAT??) but after a call to Hotel Hollywood, hotel front desk told me that there were available rooms but more expensive, so I called Hotel Hollywood again and he said that he can't cover for that, I have to pay my own.

From this experience, I won't never book this hotel again, EVER!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here on business for one night. This is not a fancy, amenity filled hotel. My room was cute and spotless, the bed was very comfortable and it was super quiet despite being on the first floor close to the entrance. It's a block away from Hollywood Blvd. but super quiet on Yucca St. Parking is around the corner in a lot that cost $15. Even that was favorable to what many nicer hotels charge which is usually around $35 to $45 per night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
zdanielle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, especially for the reasonable price of $80 a night. It's right in Hollywood, about a block away and parallel to Hollywood Blvd. Travis at the front desk was really friendly and made us feel right at home. I'd requested a third floor room, and we got one on the front of the building with a nice big window. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The decor was very simple, but the memory foam bed was comfortable, there were two bureaus, and a little kitchenette with microwave and mini-fridge. There is also a small table/desk where you can carry on your business with the free wireless. The bathroom had a shower, sink, and toilet (no tub). The sink and mirror were older and charming. We opened the window and enjoyed the neon lights and noises of the street below in the early evening. In the early morning, it was delightfully peaceful and quiet until about 8 am even on weekdays. They serve a pretty standard continental breakfast in the very small lobby. A lot of international tourists seem to stay here. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Westborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

After staying at Travelodge Las Vegas and Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim (both of which were very good value for the money) this hotel was very disappointing. The manager was kind enough to give us a ground level room upon request otherwise we would have had to carry our luggage (we had an infant along) all the way up to the 3rd floor as this hotel had no elevator. The room was TINY. The bed was very Uncomfortable. The TV was mounted at a very odd angle and you had to strain your neck to be able to watch it. The housekeeping was the worst. I stayed there for 3 nights and during that the room was cleaned twice. Once the housekeeping staff threw away packaging stuff and shopping bags which we didn't want thrown. The breakfast does'nt deserve a mention. There was only juice and fruits. No toast, No eggs, No cakes or muffins except some measly rock hard bagels. One major plus point of this hotel is its very near to Hollywood / Vine Metro station and walking distance to attractions like Hollywood Walk of Fame, Madam Tassauds, Dolby Theatre, Hollywood Wax Museum, Ripley's Believe it or not and if you wanna go to Universal Studios just take the metro from Hollywood / Vine to the Universal City Station.

Anyways the hotel manager was very polite, courteous and even printed out maps when i asked for directions so id give him that. I read on Tripadvisor that some people paid 30-40 dollars for this hotel. I paid 90 dollars per night so for me it was not value for money and i feel i could have gotten a better hotel.

Room Tip: If you have heavy luggage or kids ask to be accommodated at the ground level as it has no elevator...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our recent trip to USA thinking that it is close to Hollywood main strip. Not that it is a long walk to the main strip, the place is great if you like old room without much character. The breakfast is in the reception, pretty much a write-off in my book. We had to carry our luggage up 3 flight of stairs. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel was small and has no elevator. We were on the 3rd floor so we had to carry our luggage up the 2 flights of stairs ourselves. However, the room had a microwave and a fridge. It has a nice shower unit too. We got free wi-fi but had to pay $15 for parking for the day or there's street parking. The reception staff were absolutely fantastic though. they gave us maps and suggested an easier route to take to go Universal Studios instead. Given the value and location, it was very good. I was disappointed with Hollywood Boulevard as an area, but that's not the hotel's fault. Nearby the hotel, there was CVS which was very handy for any emergencies.

Room Tip: Get one on the ground floor so you don't have to carry your luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!