“Seconds from Walk of Fame” 4 of 5 stars

The Hotel Hollywood
6364 Yucca Street, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #19 of 80 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Seconds from Walk of Fame”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Location is excellent, even though Hollywood Blvd. especially Walk of Fame area is full of strange types at night. We were stranded at the airport due to bad weather so we came 1 day later. They didn't charge for 1st night even though they could because we didn't show up an modified our reservation in time. Reception is tiny so breakfast is little bit of a challenge, but overall experience with hotel was great.
Room hasn't any view, wide space between floor and bathroom's door, it's not very modern. But these were just details :-)

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Very happy with this hotel. Great value for money. Location is a short walk from the major Hollywood attractions. The room was cute, clean, bed was comfortable and staff were helpful. They kept our bags for most of the day as we arrived before checkin and also on the day we checked out. The room wasn't large but that didn't bother us and there was still a fridge if you wanted one. Breakfast was basic but fine and all you need for a quick bite to eat to start the day. I would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ireland/Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Location is excellent, just one street away from Hollywood Blvds ‘Stars’, Eating, Drinking and Shopping, close to Griffith Park, Universal and Warner Bros studios. The Hotel was lovely and our room was very clean with beautiful hard wood beds – very comfortable. It was nice to think that Marilyn Monroe once stayed in a room two doors down from us. There is secure parking 100m away. The breakfast was basic and consisted of fruit; Banana/Apple, Breakfast bar etc… enough to get you going. There are laundry facilities downstairs and a convenience store across the street. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family – Good Value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Chose to stay here based on price, reviews, and close proximity to a venue where I was going to see a performance (Hotel Cafe). Since I arrived after the gig, there were no staff on site so I can't comment on them.

The room itself was fine. Clean. Bathroom appears recently remodeled. Towels and sheets smelled of bleach but not strong and I don't mind it....at least I know they're clean! The mattress seemed to be a memory foam type which I found annoying.

The reason I'm rating it poor is due to the noise. Yes, the walls are thin as has been mentioned by other reviewers. The bigger problem was the constant noise of people coming and going in hallway, doors slamming, and people talking. Above me (I was on the ground floor), it sounded at times like they were trying to rearrange the furniture. This continued until 3AM. Since I had to be up by 6AM to catch a flight, I only got three hours of interrupted sleep...for $69. I'd have been better off just going straight back to LAX...the airport would have been quieter!

If I had to stay in the area, I would most likely stay somewhere else. If I had to stay here again, I would definitely ask for a top floor room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

As a solo traveler I was relieved to find this comfortable and clean hotel at the end of my 12 hour flight. It is easy to find located between Hollywood/Vine and Hollywood/Highland just off of Hollywood Boulevard. Have I mentioned it's in Hollywood? Staff were not overly engaging but were polite and happy to answer queries. Take your continental breakfast to your room if you are xenophobic.As a first taste of America I was impressed, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I did not find the road noise at all distracting but if you think you might, pack ear-plugs.

Room Tip: I think a room facing the street is more interesting, 201 and 301 may be slightly larger, but don...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in 5 hotels across the states in 3 weeks, and this was by far the best. We got off a 7am flight from Australia and headed straight to the hotel thinking we could drop off our bags and look around for the day until we were able to check in (we so badly needed a sleep/shower). When we got there at 8.30am, the helpful guy said our room was ready for us! Awesome.

Room was spotless, perfect sized bed, tv, storage, clean shower and little nook for a fridge and desk (and suitcase storage!). Safe area of town, we could casually walk around at 3 in the morning without a bother. Quiet spot, off a main road with a short walk to all the action on Hollywood Blvd. We really couldn't have picked a better spot. Super friendly and attentive staff, and the breakfast was a really nice addition!

Right across from a CVS, market and pizza shop.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again or recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: We asked for a room that wasn't on ground floor and this was easily accommodated. We stayed at t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our first visit to LA/Hollywood, and enjoyed it very much. The desk clerks were both very helpful and friendly, the location was close to the Hollywood blvd, the rooms were a bit small, but large enough to be comfortable, the bed was nice, the shower a bit low for my taste (6ft6" tall), but nice and warm and the breakfast was simple (bagels with cream cheese, jam or butter, orange juice, fruit and granola bars) but enjoyable nonetheless.

All in all a good stay and not too expensive. I would recommend it to anyone on a modest budget.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!