“Excellant Location, Nice Clean Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

The Hotel Hollywood
6364 Yucca Street, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #19 of 80 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Ireland/Perth
“Excellant Location, Nice Clean Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Location is excellent, just one street away from Hollywood Blvds ‘Stars’, Eating, Drinking and Shopping, close to Griffith Park, Universal and Warner Bros studios. The Hotel was lovely and our room was very clean with beautiful hard wood beds – very comfortable. It was nice to think that Marilyn Monroe once stayed in a room two doors down from us. There is secure parking 100m away. The breakfast was basic and consisted of fruit; Banana/Apple, Breakfast bar etc… enough to get you going. There are laundry facilities downstairs and a convenience store across the street. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family – Good Value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Chose to stay here based on price, reviews, and close proximity to a venue where I was going to see a performance (Hotel Cafe). Since I arrived after the gig, there were no staff on site so I can't comment on them.

The room itself was fine. Clean. Bathroom appears recently remodeled. Towels and sheets smelled of bleach but not strong and I don't mind it....at least I know they're clean! The mattress seemed to be a memory foam type which I found annoying.

The reason I'm rating it poor is due to the noise. Yes, the walls are thin as has been mentioned by other reviewers. The bigger problem was the constant noise of people coming and going in hallway, doors slamming, and people talking. Above me (I was on the ground floor), it sounded at times like they were trying to rearrange the furniture. This continued until 3AM. Since I had to be up by 6AM to catch a flight, I only got three hours of interrupted sleep...for $69. I'd have been better off just going straight back to LAX...the airport would have been quieter!

If I had to stay in the area, I would most likely stay somewhere else. If I had to stay here again, I would definitely ask for a top floor room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

As a solo traveler I was relieved to find this comfortable and clean hotel at the end of my 12 hour flight. It is easy to find located between Hollywood/Vine and Hollywood/Highland just off of Hollywood Boulevard. Have I mentioned it's in Hollywood? Staff were not overly engaging but were polite and happy to answer queries. Take your continental breakfast to your room if you are xenophobic.As a first taste of America I was impressed, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I did not find the road noise at all distracting but if you think you might, pack ear-plugs.

Room Tip: I think a room facing the street is more interesting, 201 and 301 may be slightly larger, but don...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in 5 hotels across the states in 3 weeks, and this was by far the best. We got off a 7am flight from Australia and headed straight to the hotel thinking we could drop off our bags and look around for the day until we were able to check in (we so badly needed a sleep/shower). When we got there at 8.30am, the helpful guy said our room was ready for us! Awesome.

Room was spotless, perfect sized bed, tv, storage, clean shower and little nook for a fridge and desk (and suitcase storage!). Safe area of town, we could casually walk around at 3 in the morning without a bother. Quiet spot, off a main road with a short walk to all the action on Hollywood Blvd. We really couldn't have picked a better spot. Super friendly and attentive staff, and the breakfast was a really nice addition!

Right across from a CVS, market and pizza shop.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again or recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: We asked for a room that wasn't on ground floor and this was easily accommodated. We stayed at t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our first visit to LA/Hollywood, and enjoyed it very much. The desk clerks were both very helpful and friendly, the location was close to the Hollywood blvd, the rooms were a bit small, but large enough to be comfortable, the bed was nice, the shower a bit low for my taste (6ft6" tall), but nice and warm and the breakfast was simple (bagels with cream cheese, jam or butter, orange juice, fruit and granola bars) but enjoyable nonetheless.

All in all a good stay and not too expensive. I would recommend it to anyone on a modest budget.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Only one thing keeps this from being a dive. If you are an old movie buff you have the opportunity to stay in the rooms formerly occupied by James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. Based on this I called and spoke to Corinna, the front desk manager, to book 2 nights four nights apart. She assured me that the Monroe room was available the first night and the Dean room the second night. Upon arrival the night clerk advised me I would be getting a regular room since the Monroe room was already occupied. The next morning I cancelled my second reservation. I had no reason to believe the Dean room would be available and didn't want to stay again out of necessity. I don't know if Corinna is incompetent or dishonest but if she reserves one of these rooms for you don't count on it being available. As for the rest of the visit: (1) the neighborhood is a little dicey, (2) the breakfast is completely ordinary and there are only 2 small tables that share space with the front desk (3) the shower is nice and large but the shower head fell off while I was showering (4) there is no elevator and (5) it has no decor to speak off. The rooms have the personality of a dorm room. I will say that the night clerk was willing to help with my luggage had I needed it. I was really excited when I stumbled on to this place but it was a very big disappointment.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if you don't want to carry your bags up 1-2 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have stayed at the hotel hollywood for 2 nights and those nights were perfect. Great location (hollywood boulevard is next to the Hotel). Breakfast is good (bagels, fruits, coffee etc). The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you are visiting they are good tips for you. The only negative point I see is that the neighborhood was REALLY noisy.
I highly recommend this hotel for its price and its location. If I had to go back to LA I would definitely stay at the Hotel Hollywood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!