“Excellent value, clean and quiet” 5 of 5 stars

The Hotel Hollywood
6364 Yucca Street, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028 (Hollywood)   |
Ranked #18 of 80 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent value, clean and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in 5 hotels across the states in 3 weeks, and this was by far the best. We got off a 7am flight from Australia and headed straight to the hotel thinking we could drop off our bags and look around for the day until we were able to check in (we so badly needed a sleep/shower). When we got there at 8.30am, the helpful guy said our room was ready for us! Awesome.

Room was spotless, perfect sized bed, tv, storage, clean shower and little nook for a fridge and desk (and suitcase storage!). Safe area of town, we could casually walk around at 3 in the morning without a bother. Quiet spot, off a main road with a short walk to all the action on Hollywood Blvd. We really couldn't have picked a better spot. Super friendly and attentive staff, and the breakfast was a really nice addition!

Right across from a CVS, market and pizza shop.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again or recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: We asked for a room that wasn't on ground floor and this was easily accommodated. We stayed at t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our first visit to LA/Hollywood, and enjoyed it very much. The desk clerks were both very helpful and friendly, the location was close to the Hollywood blvd, the rooms were a bit small, but large enough to be comfortable, the bed was nice, the shower a bit low for my taste (6ft6" tall), but nice and warm and the breakfast was simple (bagels with cream cheese, jam or butter, orange juice, fruit and granola bars) but enjoyable nonetheless.

All in all a good stay and not too expensive. I would recommend it to anyone on a modest budget.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Only one thing keeps this from being a dive. If you are an old movie buff you have the opportunity to stay in the rooms formerly occupied by James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. Based on this I called and spoke to Corinna, the front desk manager, to book 2 nights four nights apart. She assured me that the Monroe room was available the first night and the Dean room the second night. Upon arrival the night clerk advised me I would be getting a regular room since the Monroe room was already occupied. The next morning I cancelled my second reservation. I had no reason to believe the Dean room would be available and didn't want to stay again out of necessity. I don't know if Corinna is incompetent or dishonest but if she reserves one of these rooms for you don't count on it being available. As for the rest of the visit: (1) the neighborhood is a little dicey, (2) the breakfast is completely ordinary and there are only 2 small tables that share space with the front desk (3) the shower is nice and large but the shower head fell off while I was showering (4) there is no elevator and (5) it has no decor to speak off. The rooms have the personality of a dorm room. I will say that the night clerk was willing to help with my luggage had I needed it. I was really excited when I stumbled on to this place but it was a very big disappointment.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room if you don't want to carry your bags up 1-2 flights of stairs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have stayed at the hotel hollywood for 2 nights and those nights were perfect. Great location (hollywood boulevard is next to the Hotel). Breakfast is good (bagels, fruits, coffee etc). The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you are visiting they are good tips for you. The only negative point I see is that the neighborhood was REALLY noisy.
I highly recommend this hotel for its price and its location. If I had to go back to LA I would definitely stay at the Hotel Hollywood.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights.. must say that the location is perfect for tourists who are in LA for the first time... just opposite the Capitol Records building the hotel is just 2 stations away from the Universal City.... The Hotel staff was very friendly n helpfull... i would say if i go again to LA i would saty in this hotel without a dought...:)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband ,10 yr old son and I stayed here. The rooms are very clean. Brand new showers. The hotel is 2 blocks from Metro. (Vine stn) great location. 24 hr pharmacy 1/2 block away with good view of Hollywood sign from that intersection. Easy walk to Hollywood Blvd ,then to Chinese theatre . Universal is 2 stops down on Metro. Very easy and cost $1.50 pp instead of $ 50 taxi.
Locals have been very helpful and friendly. We understand that we are in a major city and do not expect quiet at night.
The hotel is great value and very clean. This is a historic area so do not expect it to look like Beverly Hills. The staff are very helpful with directions. Breakfast was fresh bagels,coffee,juice and cereal bars. Quick and easy .
We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose room on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'd compare it to a lesser Motel 6, bc you can hear everything, no coffee machine, no elevators, nothing on walls, furniture looks 40 years old. We booked it bc of Trip Advisor reviews-which now seem like a scam. BC NO WAY IS THIS PLACE 3 OR 4 ****

Room Tip: Choose no room-just spend the $ and get a better room somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hotel Hollywood? Share your experiences!