Only one thing keeps this from being a dive. If you are an old movie buff you have the opportunity to stay in the rooms formerly occupied by James Dean and Marilyn Monroe. Based on this I called and spoke to Corinna, the front desk manager, to book 2 nights four nights apart. She assured me that the Monroe room was available the first night and the Dean room the second night. Upon arrival the night clerk advised me I would be getting a regular room since the Monroe room was already occupied. The next morning I cancelled my second reservation. I had no reason to believe the Dean room would be available and didn't want to stay again out of necessity. I don't know if Corinna is incompetent or dishonest but if she reserves one of these rooms for you don't count on it being available. As for the rest of the visit: (1) the neighborhood is a little dicey, (2) the breakfast is completely ordinary and there are only 2 small tables that share space with the front desk (3) the shower is nice and large but the shower head fell off while I was showering (4) there is no elevator and (5) it has no decor to speak off. The rooms have the personality of a dorm room. I will say that the night clerk was willing to help with my luggage had I needed it. I was really excited when I stumbled on to this place but it was a very big disappointment.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westside Rentals Hollywood
- Westside Rentals Hollywood Los Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Hollywood is an historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Hollywood, "as close as you can get" to all the action and glamour of the world’s most visited city. The hotel is situated just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Centrally located to everything Hollywood has to offer; The Hollywood Bowl, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Movie Star Homes and much more are all just steps away, making The Hotel Hollywood the most accessible of all the Hollywood, CA, hotels. You can even hop on the Metro Red Line, the city's subway that links Hollywood to Universal Studios and the Greater Los Angeles Area, making your stay that much more convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your The Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.