I am a minimalist, so this was a perfect choice: great location (a block away from Hollywood/Vine metro station), 5 min away from the Walk of Fame, 10 min away from the Dolby and Grauman's Theaters... CVS is right around the corner. There's a bus stop right next to the hotel - you'll be able to get to Burbank and go to the Warner Bros. Studio (bus #222). All kinds of restaurants and mini-food markets are within a walking distance, too), great price (I booked mine for $80/night), free breakfast (simple but enough to fuel up in the morning (bagels, juice, coffee, granola bars). The front desk (Karina) was very helpful and super-friendly.
The room itself is simple: a big bed, a microwave, a mini-fridge, a 6-drawer dresser, and a nice bathroom (you can actually sit in the bathtub as there is an "edge" within it for sitting down!). Very clean. No tea/coffeemaker, though, which was a bit inconvenient because I like to enjoy a cup of tea in the evening... Breakfast starts at 8 am on weekdays and at 9 am on weekends. Maybe because they already provide tea/coffee at breakfast, there's no coffeemaker in the room?.. Oh, well. Get your coffee at Starbucks - you are on the west coast, there are tons of them :-)
AC is powerful but you get to control how hot/cold you want it.
To sum things up, I really did love the hotel. It's a great deal and a gem. Will be back for sure.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Westside Rentals Hollywood
- Westside Rentals Hollywood Los Angeles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Hollywood is an historic boutique hotel located in the heart of Hollywood, "as close as you can get" to all the action and glamour of the world’s most visited city. The hotel is situated just one block north of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. Centrally located to everything Hollywood has to offer; The Hollywood Bowl, Mann's Chinese Theater, Walk of Fame, Kodak Theatre, Pantages Theatre, Movie Star Homes and much more are all just steps away, making The Hotel Hollywood the most accessible of all the Hollywood, CA, hotels. You can even hop on the Metro Red Line, the city's subway that links Hollywood to Universal Studios and the Greater Los Angeles Area, making your stay that much more convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your The Hotel Hollywood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.