“Perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Venice On The Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Venice On The Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Venice On The Beach Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2819 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, Los Angeles, CA 90291 (Venice / Beach Areas)   |
Ranked #26 of 318 hotels in Los Angeles
Auburn, Alabama
“Perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We wanted to be near the beach for our first two nights in California, and this place couldn't have been more perfect. The room was clean and well-appointed, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location could not have been better. Right near restaurants, coffee places, shopping, and the Venice pier and canals. Terrific! The rooms are small, so if you're looking for something huge to hang out in, maybe not for you. Also, while the hotel is very well insulated from outside noise, the interior walls are a bit thin, so hope that you don't get a noisy neighbor who wants to stay up late.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

my boyfriend and I stayed here 2/25, only one night on a whim as we drove to LA from Maine. After having been in the car for days, it was such a relief to pull up to venice on the beach hotel! found a room with an ocean view (thanks trip advisor!) for as much as I would pay for a hotel by the airport. amazing! even though I made a last minute reservation, we were greeted with open arms by greg and his staff. the hotel is like a bed and breakfast bc of the limited number of rooms, but it is very much a boutique hotel. the rooms are quaint, but it's part of the charm! the room was as promised, and not only did we have a view of the ocean, the location was amazing. very close to Washington Blvd, so even though its on venice boardwalk, it's very much away from the hustle but it's still right there(does that make sense?) breakfast was beautiful! (and part of the rate) and we sat outside and watched the waves as we ate. greg was an amazing "host" and I recommend this hotel 100%. it's def. a place I will go back to time and time again. I live in LA now and would pay money to stay there for a weekend "stay cation" I promise, you will not be disappointed! thank you greg and your staff!

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Perfect location to explore Venice Beach - right on the seafront near the pier, on the quieter section of the boardwalk. The ideal place to stay on a stopover as it's only a 20 minute ($25) cab journey from LA airport and if you're jet-lagged, you can go for an early morning walk along the beach. I was up to see the sunrise and spotted a few early morning surfers, fishermen, a couple of seals, pelicans and dolphins.
Greg was incredibly welcoming and helpful in suggesting nice places to go for a beer and a bite to eat.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is in a great location right on Venice Beach. Our hotel room was right off the back lane parking lot so we didn't have much of a veiw from our room but that was fine as we only used it for sleeping and showering. The bed was very comfortable. They have cute vintage surfer art hanging on the walls. My only complaints about the rooms are that the bathroom is too small and the walls were paper thin. We were next to the stairs and heard people stomping up and down all the time.

The continental breakfast was the best I've ever had! There was good quality cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, juice and coffee. The rooftop eating area was great. It was a lovely experience to sit up there in the morning sun, watching the joggers go by as you ate breakfast. There were a limited amount of chairs up there so my only suggestion for improvement is to add more chairs.

The guy at the front desk was great. I don't remember his name but he was very friendly and always happy to recomend a resturant or give directions.

I actually didn't care much for the Venice Beach area. It seemed a little passed it's prime, but if I ever return I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a very quaint, comfortable Hotel. The bed was super soft and the ocean view room was well worth the price. Nice outdoor shared patio to relax on or an upstairs deck as well. The manager Greg very nice and helpful. Next time I am in L.A. I will stay here again!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My sister n law and I stayed here for a week and it was fantastic. Greg made us feel welcome from when we first arrived. His hotel is located right next on the Water Front by the Pier, it was peaceful, the maid service is excellent, continental breakfast every morning. All the shops are right there. Muscle Beach and Santa Monica Pier are in walking distance as well as the famous Venice Canals. We were able to shop, eat and relax in peace. While there we were able to see the Whales migrating, dolphins and seal lions. Greg your the best!! Thank you and I highly recommend your Hotel to everyone!! We are back in Alaska now and believe me, we wish we were still right there in Room 14!

Room Tip: Our room was located in the middle of the top floor but there is a top balcony that is always open t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I flew in from London and stayed at the Hotel this Christmas for about ten nights with my Son.
It has lots of things going for it and I honestly can't think of any draw backs, I have listed the best features below;

Great location, right on the beach, you can hear the surf pounding at night- Perfectly placed for walks along the Venice Beach Boardwalk, lots of good local restaurants. It was quiet enough to sleep yet close enough to the bars and shops that you had lots of palces to visit
Friendly knowledgable and helpful Greg (Manager)
Excellent Buffet Breakfast (Bagels, Cheese, Jams,Cereals, Fresh Fruit, Teas, Coffee)
Roof Top Terrace for lounging and people watching
Modern In room flat screen Television and Satellite System that was easy to operate
In room fridge sink/wet bar area and microwave (Not sure they all have this)
Good, thourough maid service every day
Free computer in reception for use and free Wi-Fi
Lending Library of Books and Magazines
Quality bedding and pillows!

Mail me if you have a question!

Free Parking

Room Tip: Ask Greg when you book, I suspect the ones at the front are premium, we had a roon with two queen be...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Venice On The Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!