“Comfortable, convenient, and fabulous view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Venice On The Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Venice On The Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Venice On The Beach Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2819 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, Los Angeles, CA 90291 (Venice / Beach Areas)   |
Ranked #34 of 322 hotels in Los Angeles
Sonoma County
“Comfortable, convenient, and fabulous view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Perfectly located at the quiet end of the Venice boardwalk. Can't beat the location or the view from the upstairs deck or downstairs patio. Room is clean and equipped with everything you may need. Comfortable beds. Furnishings and decor are average. Nothing amazing or luxurious. Bathroom was a bit dingy (no light reached the shower). Appreciated the free and convenient parking.
Breakfast counter in the hall is a nice touch, but the coffee needs improvement. Seriously bad.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Found this on the Net, a great find, right on the beach literally, the boardwalk is out the back door. Had a room on the ground floor, we could hear the waves. Friendly welcome from Greg, helped get us sorted and gave tips about the locality. A good walk to the pier. Good eateries just a minutes walk away, reasonable and tasty. An hour's bus to The Grove (not so good) but only about 20 minutes to Fifth Street Promenade (much better actually than the Grove esp on Wednesdays with the street market). Room comfortable and clean, bed FANTASTIC, slept really well. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try if possible to get beach facing room, upstairs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Zug, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is really a secret to be kept, actually. It is more than a boutique hotel. The theme is so lovely, manager Greg and his assistant are so kind, room was excellent, clean and tidy. And the Ocean view rooms which we have stayed are just perfect. The neighborhood is also safe, been outside for evening walks and the people around seemed just safe :) .

During our USA visit, we supposed to stay in LA just for two days and according to a friend of us who lived in LA for a while, we are recommended to stay around the Venice Beach , so I have checked tripadvisor for a value place for young couples as we are, and found this hotel, thank God. It is also possible to park your car, free of charge, by the parking places, even if you could not there are plenty of other public parking places around.

We had to chek in late, I mean around 11pm at night, talked to Greg about it and everything was OK when arrived to the hotel.

Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: try to stay in an ocean view room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
essex england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was hotel number 4 of 4 on our U.S trip.

Im sure I read somewhere that the hotel was described as a "boutique hotel", now this term usually means its small and its has a theme, and in this instance, it was as you would expect.

You cant fault the location, if you walk out the front of the hotel there is approx 15foot to walk until your toes are in venice beaches sand, also its nicely located because its not in the middle of the crazyness that can be seen on the beachfront, but its close enough that you can dip in and out of that area and also really close to some nice shops and restaurants etc.

The room is the place where I have the most issues and they are as follows:

The room and bathroom was tiny, infact, with the exception of the hole in the wall in the shower there was nowhere to place anything in the bathroom.
Microwave in the room, I could understand why they would have this is there was facilities to eat, i.e sitting area or knives and forks etc in the room but there wasnt so what do you need a microwave for?
No safe, big one for me considering all the gadgetry I travel with
Average wi-fi
And the big one no air-con in the rooms, ok you can leave the windows open but this really didnt take the edge off some very warm nights, surely air-con is standard in hotel rooms nowdays?

Saying that the room was very clean with a nice comfy bed and big flat screen tv on the wall and plenty of storage space in drawers and a closet.

One other major issue I had was parking.

They pre-warn you about only having 8 spaces at the hotel, however, it doesnt help when you come in from an evening out and have to spend over an hour driving round the local streets because you cant park outside your hotel, and due to some dodgy advice, you end up with a parking ticket for the honour. Sadly on our penultimate evening this put us off driving out for dinner for fear of not getting parked again the next day.

Would I stay there again?

Despite the above I would jump at the chance but the main reason is for the location, however I would pay for a bigger room as the size of the room/bathroom was a slight issue.

Room Tip: pay for a bigger room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a treasure to be adored A small but comfortable hotel right in the centre of things in venice beach.We sat on the roof with a beer and wine people watching or sunset viewing or just listening to the waves crash in.Greg the host is the best and goes out of his way to help out where needed nothing too much trouble. Rooms are small but the terrace is huge so spend your time outdoors enjoying the California sun We had a drink at the bars on Washington blvd and enjoyed our meals at the restaurants especially the Italian Tratoria out in the courtyard.Hire a pushbike and ride to Santa monica pier.We have stayed here 3 times now at different times of the year and will come again it is so convenient ans safe.

Room Tip: Ocean view can be a little noisy as pathway also passes between you and the ocean not unbearable but...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had not been to LA or Venice Beach before but I was impressed with the other reviews I had read on here regarding this hotel.

I was in the States for 2 weeks but in La twice during that time. My plan was to check out Venice On The Beach for the first 3 days. I was met by Greg the hotel MD who could not do enough for his residents. From start to finish I was so happy with the great service,the complimentary breakfast each morning, but the biggest plus was the fantastic location. You really can be on the sand in 20 seconds from the glorious ground floor patio.

My favourite part of the day was just people watching through the transparient walling. The hotel really is in the centre of the entire Venice strip. The upper floors give access to a geat roof terrace witn unbeliievable views of the board walk and bay area. If you stay here you can really pick out the Venice personalities by just staying put. Some evenings I was happy just to hang out at the Hotel and have a beer on the terrace.

The place was clean,safe and had great wifi and an on site PC with printer. Having stayed here the first 3 days I made it my mission to return for the remaining last 3 days of my 2 week trip. All I can say is that I will return here and the sooner the better.

Room Tip: If you want to treat your selves go for a Beachside room. I had a groundfloor beach side the views f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We checked into the Venice on the Beach hotel on Aug. 18, 2012 and checked out on Aug. 21, 2012. We had a wonderful stay!

I put the owner, Greg, through his paces -- with requests for extra towels for the beach, and a request that my L.A.-based brother be allowed to use our parking spot when he visited us, since we didn't bring a car -- and he granted all of these requests with a smile. Such a friendly person!

Our 1-bed bedroom was about the size of a thimble, which was fine with me. We didn't really need much, and needed to save $$ for our weeklong California trip. The room was extremely clean, and comfortable, if a little cozy. (We could probably have easily upgraded to one of the larger rooms -- I noticed the room across from ours was more of an apartment, with a full service kitchen -- but there was no need for this, we just needed a place to rest our heads and change our clothes.)

This hotel describes itself as a "boutique hotel", which means it is more like a B&B, and that you don't get the full service you would get in a chain hotel. And that was fine with us, too. Greg told us that the maids would be happy to come in and clean our rooms if we wanted ... which gave me the option to tidy the room myself, and save even more money. I did ask the maids to do a "towel exchange" with me -- I traded our used towels for fresh towels -- and they were happy to oblige. I made sure to give them a tip, of course!

The proximity to the beach was just ... amazing. The ocean is gorgeous, with great big beautiful waves; perfect for bodysurfing and surfboarding. I could have stayed on the beach for our entire trip.

Our room was located right by the entrance, with our windows facing the little parking lot. I was worried this was going to result in street noise and a lack of privacy, but, fortunately, this was not the case. There isn't a lot going on outside those windows after 9pm, and we were able to have a good night's sleep.

Also, there is no air conditioning in the rooms, which had us worried we'd be uncomfortably hot in the dog days of August, but with our windows cracked open, and the overhead fan on, we were able to sleep comfortably.

It's hard to find an affordable hotel in Los Angeles ... I think this place is a real gem, and I can't wait to go back. Big thank yous to Greg for fielding all of my requests, and being such a super host!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Venice On The Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!