“So Good I Came here twice.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Venice On The Beach Hotel

You added Venice On The Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Venice On The Beach Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2819 Ocean Front Walk, Venice, Los Angeles, CA 90291 (Venice)   |
Ranked #42 of 340 Hotels in Los Angeles
London, United Kingdom
“So Good I Came here twice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had not been to LA or Venice Beach before but I was impressed with the other reviews I had read on here regarding this hotel.

I was in the States for 2 weeks but in La twice during that time. My plan was to check out Venice On The Beach for the first 3 days. I was met by Greg the hotel MD who could not do enough for his residents. From start to finish I was so happy with the great service,the complimentary breakfast each morning, but the biggest plus was the fantastic location. You really can be on the sand in 20 seconds from the glorious ground floor patio.

My favourite part of the day was just people watching through the transparient walling. The hotel really is in the centre of the entire Venice strip. The upper floors give access to a geat roof terrace witn unbeliievable views of the board walk and bay area. If you stay here you can really pick out the Venice personalities by just staying put. Some evenings I was happy just to hang out at the Hotel and have a beer on the terrace.

The place was clean,safe and had great wifi and an on site PC with printer. Having stayed here the first 3 days I made it my mission to return for the remaining last 3 days of my 2 week trip. All I can say is that I will return here and the sooner the better.

Room Tip: If you want to treat your selves go for a Beachside room. I had a groundfloor beach side the views f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We checked into the Venice on the Beach hotel on Aug. 18, 2012 and checked out on Aug. 21, 2012. We had a wonderful stay!

I put the owner, Greg, through his paces -- with requests for extra towels for the beach, and a request that my L.A.-based brother be allowed to use our parking spot when he visited us, since we didn't bring a car -- and he granted all of these requests with a smile. Such a friendly person!

Our 1-bed bedroom was about the size of a thimble, which was fine with me. We didn't really need much, and needed to save $$ for our weeklong California trip. The room was extremely clean, and comfortable, if a little cozy. (We could probably have easily upgraded to one of the larger rooms -- I noticed the room across from ours was more of an apartment, with a full service kitchen -- but there was no need for this, we just needed a place to rest our heads and change our clothes.)

This hotel describes itself as a "boutique hotel", which means it is more like a B&B, and that you don't get the full service you would get in a chain hotel. And that was fine with us, too. Greg told us that the maids would be happy to come in and clean our rooms if we wanted ... which gave me the option to tidy the room myself, and save even more money. I did ask the maids to do a "towel exchange" with me -- I traded our used towels for fresh towels -- and they were happy to oblige. I made sure to give them a tip, of course!

The proximity to the beach was just ... amazing. The ocean is gorgeous, with great big beautiful waves; perfect for bodysurfing and surfboarding. I could have stayed on the beach for our entire trip.

Our room was located right by the entrance, with our windows facing the little parking lot. I was worried this was going to result in street noise and a lack of privacy, but, fortunately, this was not the case. There isn't a lot going on outside those windows after 9pm, and we were able to have a good night's sleep.

Also, there is no air conditioning in the rooms, which had us worried we'd be uncomfortably hot in the dog days of August, but with our windows cracked open, and the overhead fan on, we were able to sleep comfortably.

It's hard to find an affordable hotel in Los Angeles ... I think this place is a real gem, and I can't wait to go back. Big thank yous to Greg for fielding all of my requests, and being such a super host!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

On this holiday, Los Angeles was a stopover to recover from our flight and get us in the mood for onward travel to Hawaii. We have been to LA a few times previously so all we wanted was a reasonably priced, good standard and convenient hotel. Venice on the Beach turned out to be much more! We had an ocean view room, which true to its name, is right on the beach. The room was perfect as was the upstairs terrace where we ate our bagels and coffee. Free use of the computer and printer came in handy for web check in and boarding card printouts too. We also discovered the beautiful 'Venice' canals a couple of blocks inland.
If I were to mention any cons it would be the parking space lottery mentioned previously.

Room Tip: Room No 11 is gorg.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

When we planned to go to Venice Beach, we knew we were going there to be outside. Having said that, this hotel is perfectly situated on the quieter side of Venice Beach, with Washington Boulevard a couple of blocks away.

It is clean, quiet, cosy, and Greg, the owner, was great. He gave us a great little orientation to the hotel and the area, and it showed that he really cared and was proud of his establishment (just imagine how many times he's had to deliver that spiel).

We loved our little room (yes, it is little, but enough space for the 2 of us), and we especially loved the rooftop patio. We opened up a bottle of wine post-dinner on Washington Blvd and watched the sunset. We then took our breakfast there the next day, and watched the locals get started on their weekend.

We'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure to make time to enjoy the rooftop patio. Sunset highly recommended.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This little place is more a B and B than a hotel but that really doesnt matter. The service is great, and the rooms are perfectly well equipped. But what seals the deal is the location, its literally on the beach! You step across the boardwalk and there it is baywatch. Take a coffee on the roof in the morning and watch the surfers alternatively watch the amazing sunsets at night. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Pink Hotel right on the beach! Washington Blvd is right around the corner with restaurants, shops, and a corner convenient store that is very convenient!
We checked in during a few days of construction. It actually was no big deal. Never noisy, everyone would stop and move out of your way immediately with a smile when walking by.
The owner was a great guy. Very apologetic about the remodeling but did everything to make you feel comfortable with such a genuine smile and voice.
We had an ocean view room with cute white shutters. The room was blue and white. Very clean and simple but still felt beachy. The bed was great! So comfortable. Was that a memory foam? Loved it! In the morning there was coffee, bagels, fruit right outside the door. Perfect and simple for the morning before heading out for a walk. There was a little library at the end of the hall and a computer with a printer which was great when checking in to my flight and printing the boarding pass. Very convenient. Nice photography of old Venice on the walls. They have a little roof top. Nothing special but really nice to just sit and stare at the beach with a nice breeze.
The best part for me? The owner and his hospitality. A genuine character and smile makes all the difference in the world no matter what is going on around you. Thank you for that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Have mixed feelings about this establishment. It is styled a 'boutique' hotel and depending on where you come from you may be disappointed - it is really just a superior boarding establishment. That said the location is superb. Near to LAX and right on Venice Beach. Washington Boulevard just around the corner, the frenzy of kitschy beach front shopping stores up the path and the sedateness of Venice canals a few minutes walk away.

Front desk friendly and efficient but area knowledge sorely lacking. No idea when, where or cost of buses to Santa Monica. Had to work that out ourselves. Issues with the printer to print boarding passes sorted out promplty and taxi back to LAX booked out for us and arrived at the arranged times. Confirmation emails sent to the hotel were not answered at all in spite of trying alternate addresses. So service goes from the overwhelmingly good to the downright irritating. A good dose of consistency would be appreciated.

The bedroom had 2 double beds but not too much room other than that. The bathroom is small - the door kept bumping the toilet bowl on closing. The shower is small and dark and leaks. A celing fan kept things cool which was a bonus. The satellite connection went on the blink on our second day. The roof deck is awesome and a wonderful place to stand and observe the activities on Venice Beach.

Breakfast is limited and once the bananas were finished which happened early on, they were not replenished. Same for the coffee. On the one morning a number of guests were confronted by an empty coffee pot.

Bed comfortable but street noise at night was a BIG problem. Stayed on either side of 4th July holiday so the noise may have been exaggerated by that event but be aware that the streets are narrow and pedestrian and vehicle traffic noise is quite significant. In spite of the niggles, will stay again. The location and setting make up for it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Venice On The Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!