“My favorite Moroccan restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Babouch

Babouch
810 S. Gaffey St., Los Angeles, CA 90731 (Harbor)
310-831-0246
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Harbor
Tsugaru, Japan
“My favorite Moroccan restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Dad taught me a love for Moroccan food at an early age, and I only wish he'd lived long enough for me to have taken him to Babouch. I was blessed by the fact that this restaurant was so close to home when I lived in San Pedro (L.A. Harbor) from 2007-2011, and I still make a point of dropping in there whenever I visit L.A. on leave. Great food (especially the Bastiya), great drink (try the Casa beer imported from Morocco), and great atmosphere (the friendly service of co-owners and brothers Kemal and Yussuf AKA Joseph, not to mention the friendly services and AWESOME belly-dancers). It's not just a dining experience, it's an adventure!

• Visited August 2012

Seal Beach, California
“Food, service, ambiance, belly dancers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We arrived at 7 and were greated with a half hour of fantastic belly dancing. I felt like I was in 1001 Arabian nights. The tent ceilings, Morrocan chandaliers, rugs, Morrocan tables and comfortable couches. It is small so the dancers are close. A male and female dancer with lots of shaking, hips and bellies that move faster and in ways that mine never could. Some of the diners got involved, one was quite good, a 5 year old and several men and women.
The service was attentive without being pushy. They wash your hands at the table. The shrimp and tomato appetizer was absolutely delicious. Honey chicken with prunes and sesame seeds - wow. My squeazes catch of the day -filet of sole was outstanding. Baclava for desert.
The first glass of cabernet sauvignon came from a bottle that had been open too long but the second - either because I was more mellow or more likely from a fresh bottle was great.

• Visited July 2012
Park City, Utah
“Nice atmosphere... no belly dancers in sight.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Nice setting and decor, good food in very small portions... no belly dancers on Thursday nights apparently, which was specifically what we went there for. I should have called to check about the dancers. The restaurant's website carefully does not mention when belly dancers may be performing.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Family Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I cannot say enough positive things about Babouch. I love taking friends and family there. We have delicious rabbit and lamb, watch belly dancers, and have a tarot card reading. It's always a delight. It's a favorite of my children; and although you don't see a lot of other children there, the ones you do see are always well behaved and used to eating in restaurants. It is very reasonably priced, but it can be very busy. I love the Moroccan decor.

• Visited February 2012
New York
“Interesting, unique.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is an enjoyable, clean restaurant with very good service. We did the a la carte dinner rather than the price fix. The food was nicely spiced, but nothing special. A female belly dancer entertained.....the male dancer didn't. If you find an online coupon for a discount, read it closely before you decide on your dinner choice. Prices are reasonable. Dinner for two, tax, and tip came to about $60......not including drinks. Fun!

• Visited October 2011