“Nice patio” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #211 of 8,558 restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: English
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Built in 1929, these premises housed movie studio wardrobes, served as a commissary for these surrounding studios, and portions of the original film Casablanca were filmed here. Various businesses have always catered to the famous and notorious characters throughout Hollywood history.The Cat and Fiddle continues this tradition...Londoner Kim Gardner was an integral part of the British invasion of the 60s and 70s. He was the bassist in innovative British bands such as The Creation, The Birds and Ashton, Gardner & Dyke. In 1973, Kim’s musical career brought him to New Orleans to record an album with Jackie Lomax and George Harrison. It was here that he met his future wife and fashionista Paula Gardner. At the time, Paula had the first and only vintage clothing store in the French Quarter named The Cocky Fox.
Oceanside, California
“Nice patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Such a cute little place tucked away off the street. If you don't see the sign you would probably pass it, so keep your eyes peeled! Lots of nice outdoor patio seating in the garden and lots of tables and a bar inside. They have a huge pull down screen TV and a few over the bar. Many different food and drinks to pick from and good service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Biggleswade
“Lovely English food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Having been in the USA for a month it was refreshing to find an English menu. I really enjoyed the shepherds pie and my husband had the sausage/mash and gravy. we had good service, the young waiter interested we we came from, and where we had been on holiday. We sat in the courtyard, on a lovely evening, it had light round the outside so a nice atmosphere. Some nights they have quizzes, films and music. We would use it again and again. We walked the short walk back to our hotel, and were bothered a bit by one individual but the police turned up, we crossed the road and all was well. It is behind some trees so we nearly missed it, and set back in a court yard, but so quiet off the road.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scunthorpe
“Meal and a Movie night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Being avid Michael Connelly fan (Harry Bosch Detective Series) we decided whilst in LA to visit some of the sights in his books and the Cat and Fiddle was one such place.

I booked in via an email from the UK and received excellent assistance booking us in and answering all my questions - a BIG tick for that.

The place is charming and we had great seats for the movie. The meals was very nice and was very quick being delivered. Unfortunately the service for drinks didn't match the food service and I had to go inside twice to ask for a drink to be brought out. The service on the other side of the outside area was much better, with their server being around whenever they seemed to want a drink.

Overall though it was a great night and was well worth the visit!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Excellent meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This restaurant happened to be within walking distance of where my son and I were staying in Hollywood. I remembered something about the property being mentioned years ago when on a bus tour so I suggested we try it. We ate our last 3 meals here because the first and second were fabulous! The atmosphere is great and Shelly our waitress was fantastic! We each had the Sunday special which was prime rib for me, and seabass for my son. Excellent. We went back the next day for lunch because the Sunday dinner was so fantastic. I wanted to take advantage of the 'pint and a pie $10'. What a deal!! I had the chicken and mushroom pie and wish I could have tried them all. My son had the mustard chicken. We also gave the crab legs a shot. OMG.... Again, no disappointments so we returned for dinner. I was still stuffed so only had soup so I could try a dessert. Once again... hats off to the chef!! I could eat every meal there. The sticky toffee dessert was fabulous and the soup was great! Prices most affordable. I don't know why people would want to eat anywhere else.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good food and good service. We were four people and only had to wait a few minutes until we got seated. There was a DJ playing after sunset which was preatty cool. The only thing I didn't like was that we had to wait a little while for the check.

Visited July 2013