“Meal and a Movie night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #375 of 8,566 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: English
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Built in 1929, these premises housed movie studio wardrobes, served as a commissary for these surrounding studios, and portions of the original film Casablanca were filmed here. Various businesses have always catered to the famous and notorious characters throughout Hollywood history.The Cat and Fiddle continues this tradition...Londoner Kim Gardner was an integral part of the British invasion of the 60s and 70s. He was the bassist in innovative British bands such as The Creation, The Birds and Ashton, Gardner & Dyke. In 1973, Kim’s musical career brought him to New Orleans to record an album with Jackie Lomax and George Harrison. It was here that he met his future wife and fashionista Paula Gardner. At the time, Paula had the first and only vintage clothing store in the French Quarter named The Cocky Fox.
Scunthorpe
“Meal and a Movie night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Being avid Michael Connelly fan (Harry Bosch Detective Series) we decided whilst in LA to visit some of the sights in his books and the Cat and Fiddle was one such place.

I booked in via an email from the UK and received excellent assistance booking us in and answering all my questions - a BIG tick for that.

The place is charming and we had great seats for the movie. The meals was very nice and was very quick being delivered. Unfortunately the service for drinks didn't match the food service and I had to go inside twice to ask for a drink to be brought out. The service on the other side of the outside area was much better, with their server being around whenever they seemed to want a drink.

Overall though it was a great night and was well worth the visit!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Excellent meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This restaurant happened to be within walking distance of where my son and I were staying in Hollywood. I remembered something about the property being mentioned years ago when on a bus tour so I suggested we try it. We ate our last 3 meals here because the first and second were fabulous! The atmosphere is great and Shelly our waitress was fantastic! We each had the Sunday special which was prime rib for me, and seabass for my son. Excellent. We went back the next day for lunch because the Sunday dinner was so fantastic. I wanted to take advantage of the 'pint and a pie $10'. What a deal!! I had the chicken and mushroom pie and wish I could have tried them all. My son had the mustard chicken. We also gave the crab legs a shot. OMG.... Again, no disappointments so we returned for dinner. I was still stuffed so only had soup so I could try a dessert. Once again... hats off to the chef!! I could eat every meal there. The sticky toffee dessert was fabulous and the soup was great! Prices most affordable. I don't know why people would want to eat anywhere else.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Good food and good service. We were four people and only had to wait a few minutes until we got seated. There was a DJ playing after sunset which was preatty cool. The only thing I didn't like was that we had to wait a little while for the check.

Visited July 2013
Phoenix
“Oasis in the middle of Sunset Blvd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We found this quaint restaurant last year during the Turner Classic Movie and returned this year three times. Sitting outside on the patio was totally relaxing. We enjoyed fine wine, excellent appetisers and great dinners. Would highly recommend. The staff was really friendly. My husband enjoyed British beers.
We saw groups there for happy hour as well as families enjoying a special occasion. Then, there was us. Just a single couple happy to unwind and enjoy a great dinner with good service.

• Visited April 2013
tucson az
“Good Food, Fun Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The idea of an English pub "nouveau" sounded very interesting. The food was very good. Service lacked at times, especially when time to pay. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2013