“great food, excellent beer selection, terrific service...every visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Redondo Beach Brewing Company

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,604 of 8,645 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Steakhouse, Bar, Pizza & Pasta
Redondo Beach
“great food, excellent beer selection, terrific service...every visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Redondo Beach Brewery in Redondo Beach is a terrific place...excellent menu and they always have a great list of specials...excellent selection of beers on draft...the service is consistently top notch....great food and great service on every visit...so happy to have this restaurant in the neighborhood.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“Brewing? Learn how to serve beer for a start”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My error with this place was likely that I have visited at friends invitations twice after I've been travelling overseas in Europe and th UK. To say this place doesn't know how to serve beer is a gross understatement. I'm not talking about temperature, as I'm American and know how my people serve their beer temp.-wise. And it's not quite so much that their beer is really just the same fare one gets at any chain "microbrewery" without distinct character or anything unique at all about their beers.
It's that their servers and managers have absolutely no idea about how to SERVE beer, and don't care...I asked. They'll reportedly pour a stout and bring the damned thing to the table with a two-inch head on it, repeatedly, even if you tell them "I'll wait", which is the courteous way to let a bartender or server (who needs a small clue how to do their job) that one never, EVER, serves a beer, especially a stout, until it's gassed up and the bubbles have been scraped off and the glass then filled AT LEAST to the King's Mark, or lacking this reference to within a quarter-half inch of the lip of the glass.
That's not being pedantic, it's just knowing how to do a proper job. One that's not particularly rocket science, and something anyone serving beer anywhere else learns on day one, and would be blasted for in a pub....anywhere else in the world. Indeed, short the kings mark and you'll be fined. They serve beer like a bad fast food joint serves hamburgers, slap-dash.
However, it is called a brewing company, which implies their focus is on brewing (which they need to work on to be distinct-see above) rather than serving the product of same. Been to the Redondo place twice and never again. The food's OK, but a bit on the stodgy, heavy side for a beer place.
They sorely need to learn how to SERVE beer and get it together.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Great Bar Food With Wine and Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This place was recommended by some friend in Phoenix and they were right. A small two story place near Redondo Beach with great food and great beer, with still having some good wines. The standard bar and American fare, with sea food added in. The seafood burrito was amazing, as well as the pork sandwich. A great small place worth visiting.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
oregon
“LAX site not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was in the Alaska gate area of LAX and had few dining choices. I went to Redondo Beach Brewing Company.
This was a disappointment. First problem, where do I order? There was no clear line to order food. It turned out that the menu was above the pick up location and not in front of the ordering cashier. Also, there were foods to grab between the pick up area and the ordering area. With suitcases, people were wandering aimlessly and knocking fellow travelers aside. I was stepped on twice.
I finally asked another passenger where to order and figured out I was in the wrong line. I ordered a hot dog expecting the large dog. I ended up with a small regular hot dog. I also grabbed a soda from the cold bin. While paying, I got whacked by a shoulder bag on someone else.
The man making food and announcing it kept announcing numbers and no one was picking it up. He would then say what it was. My number was 18. He announced 15 and then said it was a hot dog. I showed him my number was 18 and he made me another hot dog but no one picked up order 15's hot dog. Also, order 13 was never picked up. It made me suspect the order system was mixed up.
After I got my hot dog, I looked for ketchup & mustard. I assumed the condiments were in a narrow aisle by the bar but everyone there was putting ingredients in their coffee. I couldn't get into the aisle. I asked at the register and they sent me back to the tiny coffee area to look for ketchup. I gave up and left, not willing to bruise my feet again.
This LAX hangout is a disorganized mess with food that seems OK. Sitting at the bar and ordering would be a much better experience than trying to get takeout.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
California
“A Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I went to the Redondo Beach Brewing Company for the second time this past week, with friends. The service is attentive and useful. The food is varied and good. The prices are reasonable, except for drinks, which are way too much (I had a margarita and it was $8 for a very small glass, and it tasted little of tequila). I had the fish n chips and my friend had one of the salads, and both were quite good (although, as is often the case, the fried fish was too greasy). The prices weren't too bad, but a bit high for the quality of food. Also, we ended up sitting upstairs, which could have been nice, but it was right next to a large group of twenty-somethings that were so loud and inconsiderate that it made dining an issue (although this wasn't the restaurant's fault). I'd happily return.

• Visited May 2012