“The absolute best med spa in Los Angeles.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Medi Spa

Blue Medi Spa
La Reina Theatre, 14622 Ventura Blvd., Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles, CA 91403 (South San Fernando Valley)
+1 818-783-3600
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Blue Medi Spa, a new concept in wellness combining beauty, science and service. Named "Top 20 Spas in the Nation" and InStyle's "Top Pick for defuzzing like the stars," Blue mixes the innovation of medical beauty with the luxury of a spa, giving modern glamour girls and guys, a unique spa experience that delivers results. Forget boring beige spa cliches, Blue's futuristic pad radiates with the energy of our namesake color. From downtown divas and valley vixens, to celebs and beauty pros in-the-know, Blue is the premier spa choice for medi beauty pampering. Blue offers Botox, Dysport, Dermal Fillers such as Juvederm, Voluma XC, Restylane, Radiesse, Perlane, and Sculptra. Titan Face & Body Lift, Laser Hair Removal, IPL FotoFacial, Laser Genesis, Vein/Tattoo Removal, Zerona Fat Reduction Laser, Endermologie Cellulite Reduction, Facials, Skin Therapies, Massages and Vitamin Shots.Contact us for a complimentary consultation and discover for yourself why "Feeling Blue Never Felt Better"
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Glendora, California
“The absolute best med spa in Los Angeles.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I have been a patient at Blue for years, and as others have mentioned, their approach and environment are wonderful. Their office is very efficient with appointments, prompt without being rushed. Love every staff member I have had an encounter with.

Encino
“Blue Medi Spa ROCKS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

I have to say that I am a big fan of getting massages, and who isn't, right? However, I am also extremely picky as I have had my fair share of them. I have been to some of the best (and worst) in the country. I felt compelled to write this review as I had probably one of the BEST massages ever at Blue Medi Spa last week!

From the moment I walked in the door I was immediately impressed with the hip decor and the very friendly woman that assisted me upon my arrival. The parking was very convenient (which is hard to come by on Ventura Blvd) They have a lot right out back and they even validate.

I opted for the Swedish Massage with hot rock treatment. It was an hour of pure bliss! She was very professional and managed to work out some knots that had been bugging me for weeks. I even got a scalp massage which was a nice bonus. The music and wonderful aromas that filled the air made it hard to get up and walk out once the treatment was done. I wanted to stay for another hour.

I have already referred one friend there and she had a very similar experience. I am definitely a fan and will be back very soon!

Los Angeles
“NOT A GOOD SPA!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

DO NOT GO TO THIS SPA! I treated myself to a facial at Blue Spa the day before my birthday.
I decided to get the facial and microdermabrasion, the combined treatment was advertised on the spa menu.....

While I was laying on the facial table the astetician stated that she was going to give me the microdermabrasion first followed by the facial....It seemed a little wierd to me at the time, But I wasnt going to question a professional....I just wanted to relax and focus on my birthday plans.

Everything was fine until she began my facial....She applied baking soda and water to my face and was going to begin purging my blackheads when my face started to BURN....My eyes started to tear, and I let her know that my face was burning.

She got very irritated with me and in a loud voice said "WHY didnt you tell me"
Well? I was telling her...When my face started to burn I told her!

The rest of the facial was spent with cold towels on my face and a fan blowing cold air on me.
As I was laying there I realized that it was a bad choice to abrade the skin and them attempt to apply a facial, The skin is sensitive when abraded and the microdermabrasion should have been applied last or not even offered as a combo treatment.

As I lay there with cold towels all over my face, and in tears...The astetician asked me if I was pre menstral? She tried to blame the result of the treatment on a current condition I might have. I was completely insulted by this comment...Can you imagine!! how RUDE!!

When the treatment was completed I went to the receptionist to pay...My face at that point was bright red and the receptionist looked at me in shock....Then they tried to make me feel better by telling me that everone looks like that after this treatment and In about a week or 2 my skin would recover and look great?? Mind you, I did not have laser resurfacing or major dermabrasion. I ordered a very mild procedure that was suppose to be pampering and relaxing...leaving me with a beautiful glow for my birthday.

I had assumed that she would not charge me for the entire treatment because I never received the facial.....Or maybe they would have given me a coupon to come back at a later time to receive the remainder of my treatment.....BUT NO.....I was charged the entire amount and expected to leave a tip as well.

The next day...on my birthday...I woke up with brown burn marks all over my face.....they were brown, red and scabby....it looked like I had put a curling iron to my face in several places.. My face was dry and painful and looked completely awful.

I had to cancel my birthday plans and take a few days off of work to recover. I have not been to that salon since and have told everyone I know about the terrible treatment that I receved on that day.

beverly hills
“Worth the drive to the Valley. Great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I did a lot of research on medi spas prior to coming to BLUE. I chose to go to them because they had every treatment I was considering in one place, rather than having to go to 2 or 3 different places, (which was one of the issues I faced, during the research process).
When I went in for my appointment, I found that not only do they have every service ever imaginable, but they do quality work, with affordable prices.
I live on the West side, and the drive was definately worth it!

Sacramento
“Love this Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Had a Facial and Massage on friday and loved them both... Staff very knowledgeable even the front desk girl is a aesthetician, next time I'm in town I'm going to try Microdermabrasion my girlfriend had a Chemical Peel and had awesome results at this spa.